Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

revolt

Reaction score
tonyj said:
revolt - Was there any news on Histogen at the Korean conference? Is there a weblink of their presentation?

Nope, not that I'm aware of. I would have hoped they'd update their website with info from that presentation but guess not...

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy.

What kind of updates are you looking for? They are starting trials soon, and will update us when started. These things take months to organise.

rtpatter

Reaction score
I understand things take time and I'm not saying they will never deliver. I'm simply saying that nothing of substance has been seen from Histogen in over a year.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rtpatter said:
I understand things take time and I'm not saying they will never deliver. I'm simply saying that nothing of substance has been seen from Histogen in over a year.

They have just won a lawsuit and finished phase 1 trials, if that isn't encouraging enough for you, then I don't know what is.

stillfigthing29

Reaction score
I totally agree. Aderans Research and Histogen are working at their best efforts to have the cure ASAP. Just as we do. I understand every one of us wants this to finish fast. God... I know I do. And when it will... God we should party and make some noise.

I have saved money for my tansplant and I am hoping they make it through before I need one... although Im going bald pretty fast and I know I wont hold until 2014.

Nevertheless I go into Aderans and Histogen´s website every single day and I must say I hate when some guys post "I lost faith, they are screwing us, they are fake", why would they do that?! If you dont think there is going to be a cure then dont bother posting! It only make us feel worst.

I have been on Dutasteride for 6 years now. First 0.5, then 1.5. and now 2.5. I HAVE NEVER had any side effects, and it totally stopped my hair loss for around 5 years. But since March Dutas stopped working and I am shedding like I have never seen before. In march I wear my hair really short, thought I had beaten my hair loss, but then again, I was wrong. So lets pray for Histogen and Aderans to succeed!

I went to Bosley in February and they asked me for some skin for the Aderans study, but as I did not have the procedure done I could not help.

Well... I guess thats all. Good luck to us all. And keep faith. I know there are some guys waiting for the cure since 1990 and you guys have heard so many misleading informations and that in "5 to ten years" they will find a cure. Well... they will some day. Let us have faith.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score

revolt

Reaction score
ooo I actually got a response from them lol. It was about their presentation at the dermatology conference...

"Thank you for your interest and message. In response to your inquiry, no new data was released at the recent event so it is unlikely there will be any announcements around that. However, please do look for updates on the HSC clinical trial and the oncology project this summer."

good news i guess... i like updates :)

johorat

Reaction score
Just attended the briefing session conducted by Dr Mark and Gail 2 days ago in Singapore. They are going to start phase 2 soon and phase 3 on March 2012 .

Results from phase 1 is very promising and expect the product to be ready for the market in 2014 (probably outside USA). A rough estimation is it going to cost about $1000 for a single injection. Overall it probably going to be cheaper than hair transplant.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
johorat said:
Just attended the briefing session conducted by Dr Mark and Gail 2 days ago in Singapore. They are going to start phase 2 soon and phase 3 on March 2012 .

Results from phase 1 is very promising and expect the product to be ready for the market in 2014 (probably outside USA). A rough estimation is it going to cost about $1000 for a single injection. Overall it probably going to be cheaper than hair transplant.

Notice how the future date for the supposed new HM treatments are ALWAYS in the "3 to 5 year" range? :whistle:

IMO, just another overly-optimistic "timeline" given by a PR person who is being paid to drum up publicity. But, yet, they know to always use the "3 to 5 year" range when making these statements because it sounds good, but its far enough away that they aren't committing to anything.

IMO, just more BS. :jackit:

Bottom line:
I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't know what you expect dudemon; these things take time, let's put things in perspective:

1) Histogen's results are shown on the human scalp instead of mice and looked promising in preclinical stages. AND this was during a lawsuit.
2) They have just won an indictment against them. Where may I add, Histogen employees worked for NOTHING, what does that tell you about their intent?

And will probably generate investment now.
3) They have just finished phase 1 , and very quickly. And are now going into phase 2 according to schedule.
4) They have an existing product on the market. And are actively working on other products unlike other HM companies.
5) They have competition, if they don't deliver someone else will.
6) They are doing all of their clinical testing outside of the US, which means the FDA shouldn't be a problem, given you talk so negatively about it.
7) More importantly, it is not a cure, it is a temporary solution. Meaning, it will be a better cash cow then minoxidil. It is not only safe, but if it works, every single balding, bald guy you know will buy into it - unlike with minoxidil.
Money maker for big pharms if you want to go into the whole conspiracy route. As there will not be any hesitation like with minoxidil. So by your logic, a drug like minoxidil or propecia should never ever have come out onto the market.
8) 5 -10 years ago, hair multiplication was NEW, whereas now, companies like histogen are clearly understanding the industry a lot better now, through the failure of others.
9) This won't replace hair transplants, because it is not a permanent solution. Rather it will supplicate them....everyone is happy.

It's a matter of time. If it doesn't come out it in 2014, it will come out before the end of the decade.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the update, can you clarify why it's "not a permanent solution"?
Would you have to have repeat proceedures every couple of years etc?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
JDW said:
thanks for the update, can you clarify why it's "not a permanent solution"?
Would you have to have repeat proceedures every couple of years etc?

From what I have read, they re-awake stem cells on your scalp using the HSC, which puts the follicles back into embryonic state.

So, the lifespan of the follicle will be the same as the lifespan of the follicle when you first lost it. So in other words, if it say took 20 years for you too lose those follicles, it will take another 20 years to lose your reawakened follicles using HSC.

But then again, I don't know how accurate that will be considering that DHT only starts affecting you post puberty. So they may die sooner.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you see, this is like worrying about the colors of your seats before you even bought the car...

johorat

Reaction score
It a good substitution for hair transplant in the sense it rejuvenate the cells in those dormant hair follicles and give it a new lease of life. But I was told it not a permanent solution as those new cells will still inherit the balding genes of follicles.

So if you started losing those hair at 20years old, do expect these new terminal hairs to last for 20 years before it starts the process of miniaturization again.

debris

Reaction score
There are few things that seem to me as possible errors

1) single injection costing 1000 usd. that would make it most expensive hair transplant ever. Single injection grew 84 terminal hair in the very best case of the first trial and much less in average. Translated to graft costs it would mean that HSC would cost 25-75 usd per graft.

So did he mean single injection or single treatment (involving multiple injections over large area)

2) the hair wont last 20 years imho. First 17-19 years the hair is not attacked by DHT at all. common sense says that it one could expect it to last the same time as the time since puberty till you lost it.

debris

Reaction score
johorat said:

another disapointing thing is that they give us these optimistic timelines, but yet then they constantly fall behind the schedule.

phase2 was meant to start a year ago. then 6 months ago,

then in may, then first two weeks in june,

and now its july and they are about to start still.

never overestimate ability of scientists to give predictions

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
debris said:
johorat said:

another disapointing thing is that they give us these optimistic timelines, but yet then they constantly fall behind the schedule.

phase2 was meant to start a year ago. then 6 months ago,

then in may, then first two weeks in june,

and now its july and they are about to start still.

never overestimate ability of scientists to give predictions

At LEAST they got to phase 2.

Ende

Reaction score
Omfg, $1000 for one injection? It's hell of a lot more expensive than growth hormone! Have they estimated how many we need?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
debris said:
There are few things that seem to me as possible errors

1) single injection costing 1000 usd. that would make it most expensive hair transplant ever. Single injection grew 84 terminal hair in the very best case of the first trial and much less in average. Translated to graft costs it would mean that HSC would cost 25-75 usd per graft.

So did he mean single injection or single treatment (involving multiple injections over large area)

2) the hair wont last 20 years imho. First 17-19 years the hair is not attacked by DHT at all. common sense says that it one could expect it to last the same time as the time since puberty till you lost it.

Yeah, without scarring, see through hair, AND will last years.

I think HSC will be used in conjunction with hair transplants. And I can see as more doctors administrate the technology, the price will go down.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds a mad proceedure when the reality is that you could potentially be losing the hair that is reawakened within a year or so??