Hair loss and Women

newton

Reaction score
IBM said:
That depends how symmetric a head is.

Fair point... I always thought my head felt really bumpy so I was worried what it would look like, but it looks OK.

I still think all off looks better than bald spots or really bad thinning. And it really stops all the worry... seriously, I worried myself stupid about it and once I buzzed it off it was like a huge burden just vanished.

Having said that I do want to grow it back once the Minoxidil and stuff does it's job.

newton

Reaction score
And.... some girls actually like buzzed/shaved heads... there's a girl where I work who's 17 and she's always asking if she can touch my head....

We were talking and I said how it can make you feel ugly hving no hair... she said being bald does not make someone ugly

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some people suit shaved, some dont.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just buzzed my hair 2 days ago and surprisingly look better and with fuller hair. I was also told I look better with shorter hair.

Thank god I stuck with my regimen because its finally paying off.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
newton said:
you'll go through it all again when you hit 40 and realise that 20 year old girls don't even know you're alive ... hair or no hair. :blink:

how true.....however when you get to 40 you suddenly start to appreciate the 40 year old woman.....and there's plenty of fit looking 40+ dames.

dunno whether that applies at 60? your life's over then i guess?.......i mean 60 is just ancient......sailing off into a v**** fuelled sunset

newton

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
I just buzzed my hair 2 days ago and surprisingly look better and with fuller hair. I was also told I look better with shorter hair.

Thank god I stuck with my regimen because its finally paying off.

Excellent news feller!

newton

Reaction score
ginald said:
newton said:
you'll go through it all again when you hit 40 and realise that 20 year old girls don't even know you're alive ... hair or no hair. :blink:

how true.....however when you get to 40 you suddenly start to appreciate the 40 year old woman.....and there's plenty of fit looking 40+ dames.

dunno whether that applies at 60? your life's over then i guess?.......i mean 60 is just ancient......sailing off into a v**** fuelled sunset

lol..... not quite the mental image I wanted whilst enjoying my breakfast

btw... David Bowie is 60....

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
women and bald men

There are plenty bald and balding guys at my university. Some are bad looking, but those are the ones that would be bad looking even if they had hair. Attractive is attractive regardless. If you have a good face, keep in shape, grow some facial hair, smile, talk to a girl, you have more than a decent shot. A lot of girls, even younger ones love that rugged manly look. The thing not to forget is, baldness makes you MORE of a man. There is nothing wrong with wanting to keep your hair, but losing it certainlty doesnt make you LESS of a MAN. And the bottom line is, women (the ones that matter) want MEN, not long haired baby boys who live with their mother, and freak out about their hair everytime a gust of wind knocks it out the configuration they spent hours sculpting with gel.

My main problem with balding is the lack of choice. However, considering the many things in life that we dont get to choose, balding is on the bottom of that list. I have a beautiful girlfriend, and have had many of them. I have been honest about my balding with everyone one of them, and they did not care. Why? Because I keep in shape, have a good body and am confident. I knew I WOULD be bald, so I didn't put all my efforts into something I knew wasn't going to last.

You have many attributes that balding brings out. Many guys with long, golden locks, have flabby guts and acne ridden faces. WHen you bald, you gotta work for your body, and like anything you have to work for, you are more satisfied with it than anything that was just "given" to you. So many "hot" guys have absolutely no personality, brains, or charm, because they never had to WORK for the p*ssy. When you are bald, or thinning, and get it, you know you got it because YOU got it, not because your HAIR got the girl.

Who F**cks the girl? You're hair? Or you?

Hair doesn't make you rich.

Its what's in your head, you're heart, and between your legs.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
well said, BBDB.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it seems like a far shot for some guys, and I know staying positive can be hard. However, nobody pays more attention to your baldness than you, just as before, nobody really paid that much attention to your hair.
(I remember people constantly commenting on my haircut: "Hey did you get a hair cut or something?".... Two weeks after the fact lol)

I've read a lot of posts here about guys who are feeling that at 20 years old their lives are coming to an end, envying 80 year old me with hair, and falling into a social paralysis. Yes, it is a vain world, but vanity, like everything else evolves. The 90's were all about big boobs and blonde hair, and now everyone seems to be more of an *** man and brunettes. Styles come and go. Confidence however, if properly nourished, lasts forever.

The reason bald is seen as ugly, is because it is associated with the "fat, sulking, bald guy" image. But from what I have seen, not alot of people here, if any, fall into that category. It also seems the really depressed ones, were never really confident to being with, thus it is easy to blame it on something as apparent as balding.

I think it is extra incentive to accentuate your other attributes. Fact of the matter is, nobody likes a slob who doesnt take care of himself, hair or no hair.

"The less hair you have, the more head you get"

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
True story:

There have been two very disheartening instances in my life. I was rejected by two very attractive girls in my university. The extent of their vanity made me sick. Both of them rejected me because they were into bald guys.

Being friends with one of them for a little over two months, she would constantly say how attractive bald/balding guys are. In fact, she picked my (at the time) balding friend over me without hesitation. So, I shaved my head (looked good) and it didn't quite sway her, because she knew I wasn't really balding.

The second instance was about a year ago. In my summer classes a gorgeous brunnette turned me down on account that I looked to much like a kid, and that she prefers a "balder, scruffier, male".

I was shocked beyond my wildest dreams at the time, as I had never been so openly rejected for my PROFUSION of hair.

Just goes to show, that life is not over once your hair things out. Be a man, do the right thing, and go an get that p*ssy!!

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
OK now. Not that it is not possible, but it starting to smell like BS Now. :lol:

you should of just left it with your first post.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
True story 100%. I almost sh*t my pants when it happend the first time, and just got pissed and stormed off the second time around. I was as surprised as you are.

Either I am around a more diverse circle of women than most, or I got lucky in meeting the ones that prefer bald men. I suspect however its more common than is it is believed to be. In NYC college educated girls seem to be tossing vanity in the backseat, as I have also noticed a good amount of females Iin long term relationships, or engaged (dispelling the sl*t theory of college girls to a degree).

From my experience I am convinced that there is hope for bald guys, maybe not everywhere, but in NYC, definately.

Pondle

Reaction score
Women will find any excuse to reject a guy they simply don't like, for whatever reason. She may say "it's because I like bald guys" or "it's because I like guys with hair" but there's no way of knowing whether what she says is the real reason.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
In both instances, the preference was confirmed. In the first, my bald friend, and in the second, a balding student in my class.

I would agree with you, but why lie about the preference, and then date a bald guy? Only to gain credibility in the eyes of a guy she didnt want in the first place? Sounds ridiculous to me.

Pondle

Reaction score
Some women are capable of pulling all kinds of ridiculous shite. They don't always behave very rationally, or need a reason for doing something.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. But nevertheless that doesn't account for the fact that both of these females stated their preference for bald men, and consequently acted on it. The simplest explanation is often the most likely.

What motivation there was behind the preference I cannot say. Whether they are doing it out of pity, or curiosity, or genuine attraction is questionable, but in either case, expressing a preference for bald men cannot be discredited on grounds of "sincerity". How then can we justify an interest in hairy men if not for the same reasons? Bottom line is, whatever the underlying causes, the preference for bald men was the result.

The first was in a very happy relationship for over a year. Sure other characteristics also contributed to the attraction, but it cannot be denied, that since first impressions are fueld by physical attributes, baldness in this case amplified it, or at least, was the "sought after" characteristic.

Pondle

Reaction score
I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that some women prefer bald guys. But this preference could be contextual and depend on their build, bone structure or facial features, as well as all the non-physical characteristics that tend to be more important to women than men in assessing potential mates.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course, that is completely true. Good looking is good looking, hair or no hair. And it's not just lip service.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BornBaldDieBald said:
True story:

There have been two very disheartening instances in my life. I was rejected by two very attractive girls in my university. The extent of their vanity made me sick. Both of them rejected me because they were into bald guys.

Being friends with one of them for a little over two months, she would constantly say how attractive bald/balding guys are. In fact, she picked my (at the time) balding friend over me without hesitation. So, I shaved my head (looked good) and it didn't quite sway her, because she knew I wasn't really balding.

The second instance was about a year ago. In my summer classes a gorgeous brunnette turned me down on account that I looked to much like a kid, and that she prefers a "balder, scruffier, male".

I was shocked beyond my wildest dreams at the time, as I had never been so openly rejected for my PROFUSION of hair.

Just goes to show, that life is not over once your hair things out. Be a man, do the right thing, and go an get that p*ssy!!

Quit lying you idiot. No girl is going to outright say, "I prefer men who are balding." That sounds made up and weird. If anything she would say shaved head.

No girl is going to say, "Your friend looked hotter because he is balding."

Your bullshit is ridiculous.