Hair loss and Women

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Right guys, from your personal experiences do you find that your hair loss is a big turn off to the ladies or don't they mind it? I am little bit paranoid about my receeding hairline as some people have noticed my thinning even with concealer on my bald spot!

I've got to face the fact that I am going bald! So I am just wondering what the women think about men premature baldness! I am an okay looking guy but my baldness is getting me down!

Before you guys started going bald did you find that women liked you more than they do now? Do women really care if their man has got a full head of hair or not? I do see lots of bald men with a really hot women so maybe bald is beautiful? Your thoughts please.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If hair is your only good feature then yes you are fucked, but its not is it? I wont lie either losing your hair will no doubt hurt your physical attractivness, but to what degree I dont know. If you are genuinly handsome you will still do better bald than many guys with hair. I'm sure that women prefer full heads of hair but not as much as they prefer confident, funny, successful etc men.
Many women will be much more turned of by a guy who is short or overwight.
Remember that m.p.b is a totally natural condition and men have got by for 100,000's of yrs with it. If women were so appalled by it then the m.p.b genes would have been bred into extinction a long time ago.
Remember many women have fathers and brothers who are bald/balding so they wont be so predjudiced against it.
The older women get the more accustomed they become to their partners having less hair so a woman in her 30's will not be looking at physical features in the same way that an 18yr old does.

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends a lot on the guy as s.a.f correctly points out. Depends a lot on the woman too. In short, there is no real answer. All I would say is that the most important thing is to either make the commitment to shave it or to treat it. Ive said this before and ill say it again. Physically, plenty of women will still find guys with minor to even moderate hairloss attractive. Plenty of women also love the clean buzzed look (more than you might think in fact). However, I firmly believe that not ONE woman on the planet finds an unshaved nw7 attractive: the kind that has the full horseshoe flapping in the wind. So whichever path you choose to help you keep your confidence, and you do have options, dont let it ever get to an unshaved Norwood 7.

Jm0311

Reaction score
depends on the persons facial structure and stuff....some people dont look that bad when balding

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
Before you guys started going bald did you find that women liked you more than they do now? Do women really care if their man has got a full head of hair or not? I do see lots of bald men with a really hot women so maybe bald is beautiful? Your thoughts please.

I think my situation is somewhat unique. Before I started thinning/receding, I did notice girls looking in my direction from time to time but not a lot. Then when the baldness kicked in and it got to the point where it was too hard to hide the thinning, I ended up buzzing off the whole thing. And I'm not lying, but immediately afterwards I noticed more girls glancing at me, friends telling me that their lady friends think I'm hot, etc.

But I assume that this had less to do with the fact that I was balding and more to do with the fact that I look a lot better with a buzz cut. So let this be a lesson to all you dudes out there who hesitate to buzz their hair. I too was reluctant at first (weird shaped head, big ears, afraid the thinning will be even more noticeable, etc.) but I just went through with it anyways and to my surprise, it was the exact opposite of what I had expected seeing how MORE girls became attracted to me.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
some wimen care alot about hair some dont.. ive noticed a litle bitt off drop in atention ... and when i cut my hair off... skinned the girls i know that loves hair said omg what did you do !!!
And the girls that dont care as much about hair that i know..said it looked realy good.. so... its about 50 / 50 of the girls i know.
But now its growing back and so are the temples... so i gues that i wil soon be back in the game 100 % not just 50 % :D

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed a difference, I still do pretty well but used to be unstoppable.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have heard TONS of girls 18-22ish say how they could never date a bald guy and how its gross and a turn off. that's pretty depressing because i'm 21 and these fine ladies are the ones i want to get jiggy with.

on the other hand, by the time you're 25ish you are NOT the only guy your age balding. it's acceptable if you can pull it off, some girls might be turned away, but lots of them are cool with it by the time they are that age. it's a youth thing, a girl who still thinks she's 18 when she's 28 probably won't want to date a guy that looks 35.

short answer, YES girls are turned off by hair loss. BUT the most confident guy with hair loss will attract alot more women than the most insecure guy with a great head of hair. (obviously in this example they wuold both be as attractive as one another)

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
i have heard TONS of girls 18-22ish say how they could never date a bald guy and how its gross and a turn off. that's pretty depressing because i'm 21 and these fine ladies are the ones i want to get jiggy with.

on the other hand, by the time you're 25ish you are NOT the only guy your age balding. it's acceptable if you can pull it off, some girls might be turned away, but lots of them are cool with it by the time they are that age. it's a youth thing, a girl who still thinks she's 18 when she's 28 probably won't want to date a guy that looks 35.

short answer, YES girls are turned off by hair loss. BUT the most confident guy with hair loss will attract alot more women than the most insecure guy with a great head of hair. (obviously in this example they wuold both be as attractive as one another)

spot on with this, cola.

the thing is, do you REALLY believe it yourself?

if you do, no matter how much hair you lose, you'll be fine.....hair loss recedes (and bad jokes) into the background as you get older.

heed the advice of the older members on here....i'm 97 and know what you're experiencing.

G

Yeah, hairloss is a big turn off for women. Well, I don´t get less attention since I started balding (I still get the same amount: Zero) but I know that my bald head has diminshed my chances of ever getting a nice girlfriend to basically zero. I have no more hope since I don´t want some fucked up sl*t who is in her late 30s and only wants me because of my money and she wants to have a baby.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:

yup because the shy guy would never get any contact.. since he wouldnt be able to talk to the ladies.. just got to learn to take the step.. whats the worst that could happen... you get rejekted.. ok move on to a new 1 :D

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Yeah, hairloss is a big turn off for women. Well, I don´t get less attention since I started balding (I still get the same amount: Zero) but I know that my bald head has diminshed my chances of ever getting a nice girlfriend to basically zero. I have no more hope since I don´t want some fucked up sl*t who is in her late 30s and only wants me because of my money and she wants to have a baby.

yeah i feel exactly the same. Maybe any bald guy can get a girl once he's 30 and she needs someone to buy her a house and bring up a kid. But by then she's had all the fun with the rugby players at uni and we're just picking up the pieces. i.e. the boring bit.

It really is very sh*t

barcafan

Reaction score
oh yeah every woman in her 30's jsut wants to find a guy who is rich enough to take care of a baby, i mean the emotional connection is irrelevant.

:roll: :roll:

Pondle

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

I think your problem is probably your attitude rather than your hair loss, man. Women like confidence, and that sounds like something you need to work on.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
look, buster in the scheme of things whether you are 25 with a full head of bouffant hair and a bradpitt lookalike and the world's greatest lover, it matters not a jot......

because when you get right down to it and little offspring comes along, you mister come right down the pecking list.

i mean you just dont count....just cough up for baby and mother and that is your job and dont ever forget it because when things go wrong as they will do in the majority of cases, you my friend are out the door.....do you really think a full head of hair is going to save you from that fate?

dont think this applies to you??....you'd be surprised how quickly time and your single status can go.

stick to beer :lol: :lol:

Pondle

Reaction score
ginald said:
look, buster in the scheme of things whether you are 25 with a full head of bouffant hair and a bradpitt lookalike and the world's greatest lover, it matters not a jot......

because when you get right down to it and little offspring comes along, you mister come right down the pecking list.

i mean you just dont count....just cough up for baby and mother and that is your job and dont ever forget it because when things go wrong as they will do in the majority of cases, you my friend are out the door.....do you really think a full head of hair is going to save you from that fate?

dont think this applies to you??....you'd be surprised how quickly time and your single status can go.

stick to beer :lol: :lol:

I guess the magic has gone for you, hey Ginald? :lol:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

Er what bald head is that Taug?
PS are you really that rich?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure not many women prefer bald guys, BUT I constantly see women with guys losing their hair. One of my best friends is totally bald now and he has HOT wife...

But the thing is unfortunately, women are impressed by status, wealth, and looks. I fyou have the other two, then you'll be fine. If you don't, you're in a really bad position.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Remember that m.p.b is a totally natural condition and men have got by for 100,000's of yrs with it. If women were so appalled by it then the m.p.b genes would have been bred into extinction a long time ago.

People settle. Most people have kids whether they are attractive or not. They just don't have a lot of sex in marriage. Women prefer tall guys, but the average father is only 3 cm taller than the average man. Take that to mean it does not matter much, or take that to mean the short guys still have kids with uglier women.

And maybe the gene takes action at a random age, so a woman marries a man who balds at 70, but his son balds at 20.