Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly? I wouldn't go full feminization but wouldn't my destroying my libido. Heck, I don't have sex anyway, even with hair.
HRT, particularly with an AA can definitely destroy/reduce extremely the male sex drive. Literally, you lose the ability to fantasize any longer on a strong HRT regime. You too will think about the ocean during those lovely moments. I just like to be held. But tell us your goals in more depth and let's let everyone make some recommendations.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's another topic people have asked about and these are all highly recommended:

https://transfemscience.org/articles/spironolactone-hormone-levels-women/

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly? I wouldn't go full feminization but wouldn't my destroying my libido. Heck, I don't have sex anyway, even with hair.

The big problem is that every medication has a programmed systemic effect, the hair regrowth effect use the hormonal route unfortunately there is no possibility to isolate the effect on the scalp, since your whole body will "suffer" from the process that is taking place, inside and outside , there will be a patient who will lose a lot of libido, some less others more, but be aware of that, it is impossible to open this door and wait for hair growth and bye , Some things come together , Keep an open mind for this.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big problem is that every medication has a programmed systemic effect, the hair regrowth effect use the hormonal route unfortunately there is no possibility to isolate the effect on the scalp, since your whole body will "suffer" from the process that is taking place, inside and outside , there will be a patient who will lose a lot of libido, some less others more, but be aware of that, it is impossible to open this door and wait for hair growth and bye , Some things come together , Keep an open mind for this.
I don't know if this is responsive but Estrogel on the testicles and scrotum is several times more potent and people can get their levels higher. Also there is a Brazilian HRT provider with a Japanese name which is very common in Brazil, here: hrt.cafe:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the content of the message, but I can get any drug in Brazil, the only thing that needs a prescription here is anti biotic and anti psychotic, but if you order with care you can buy it even without a prescription, but thanks for sharing who knows I use some day .

I'm using the gel on the hair leather and on the back of the thighs, somewhere around 2-3mg, maybe use in scrotum one day in week i will think about that

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
post replyThe Pain of Hair Loss
from derhab26 via /r/tressless sent 3 hours ago
What the hell is this man? hey, man say " I wanna lose my hair " say it so fuckin loud! it's not " I'd rather go bald than this " it's I'd rather fuckin die " you're so wretched and pathetic man and you have ruined my day, you're fuckin dead

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Restoring some hair and following with transplants is a viable path. Unfortunately sometimes they don't take and in some of the micro-needling literature there are some thoughts that actually plugs were more viable long term due to cross-talk but plugs could be pluggy in. a cobblestone patter. Also, I say this never to disparage because we all want solutions but it is a sort of mutilation that can leave scars in the donor area. I think with minoxidil and oral minoxidil and derma-rolling a lot can be accomplished without transplants but I know several who are thinking of using them more so in the temples which are very hard to restore. For people with diffuse thinning which is many, they are probably risky because why wouldn't they fall out in the new area. With the plugs, there might be cross-talk that helps all six or seven strands survive and integrate more easily. They also aren't cheap but anything that works, and which is your best alternative is great. I had one in the 80's and one in the 90's and I regretted it once finasteride and Dr. Lee's formula came out.

For people with diffuse thinning like I had where hair quality is compromised all over the scalp, they probably are best avoided but twenty years is a long time so anyone who has had happier results, I hope you will let us know. Often yes, we need a combination of different things to reach our goals. For people with side/fringe patterns that remain well over the ears without any hint of diffuse thinning or the mullet effect, even back in the 80's. the results could be spectacular. Another aspect is that using estrogen seems to help greatly with healing and I have heard of doctors prescribing topical estrogen for the healing states to lessen scar tissue. Micro-needling is amazing at healing scars both on top and from the donor area. I hope that you will continue posting and we are all fellow travelers.

Yes, certainly transplants have risks, even 5 years ago I wouldn't have considered getting one.

It is only recently, when I saw results from surgeons such as Cuoto, Feirrera, Lorenzo, Eugenix Clinic and Zarev that I believe they are a viable solution for even very high Norwood candidates. I can provide some links and photos, but I encourage you or any other poster who is interested to look up the results.

Here is one instance:

PreviewPreview5:00FUE Hair Transplant Result (12 890 Scalp Grafts)- Dr Zarev ...YouTube · Hair transplantation / Присаждане на косаSep 4, 2020

Dr. Lorenzo's case is a repair patient to boot:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Now, the downside of course is these procedures will be expensive. At 5-ish euros per graft you are looking at over 35 thousand euros for the procedure, over 40k usd.

Elite surgeons like Dr. Konior in the USA charge $13 per FUE graft...you can almost spend 100 grand at a doctor like that.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I will add I am in no way affiliated with any clinic, nor do I think transplants are necessarily a "cure" at all.

They are just, given our current tools to handle this condition, in my opinion, the best way to restore what finasteride and minoxidil cannot do.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will add I am in no way affiliated with any clinic, nor do I think transplants are necessarily a "cure" at all.

They are just, given our current tools to handle this condition, in my opinion, the best way to restore what finasteride and minoxidil cannot do.
Derma-rolling for me plus estrogen is more or less creating brand new tissue for hair to grow in. Take a look at the mouse plucking studies. I think that derma-rolling can created new follicles out of scar tissue and I had two very scar-ridden transplants that I have avoided mentioning but the derma-roller just heals all of the scar tissue, which scabs over and renews. Estrogen tells my scalp, "oh the hair is too thin in that quadrant" and the follicles sort of all work together to make things evenly thick. Look at how a dog or cat repairs the scar tissue and hair is integrated.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is getting late in snow-bound Maryland. I thank every single person who posted or voted in the poll today. It's been such a wonderful kick-off and thanks, everybody for wanting to follow me. I will always give the best advice and provide you guys with the best info and even personal advice from my own experiences going from a T-ruled world to an E-ruled world and I spent a few years in between.

Goddess bless.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe no ability to isolate systemic effect, but surely to limit it?
I repeat myself here, but if you apply topicals and use systemic anti estrogens at the same time (even things like aspirin are effective) you can surely methylate lots of E out of your system while still having a good effect in scalp.
I’m surprised there seems to be no one who has tried that.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe no ability to isolate systemic effect, but surely to limit it?
I repeat myself here, but if you apply topicals and use systemic anti estrogens at the same time (even things like aspirin are effective) you can surely methylate lots of E out of your system while still having a good effect in scalp.
I’m surprised there seems to be no one who has tried that.
That would be great if you could describe this process more fully. I read somewhere, I think, that aspirin hampers minoxidil effects so I stopped taking it but before it was my go to because paracetamol is terrible for the liver.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now, the downside of course is these procedures will be expensive. At 5-ish euros per graft you are looking at over 35 thousand euros for the procedure, over 40k usd.

Elite surgeons like Dr. Konior in the USA charge $13 per FUE graft...you can almost spend 100 grand at a doctor like that.
Hi, good morning today.

Hair transplantation is a complicated thing.

See well

The transplant is not for your baldness Here comes the questions.

1) If your baldness is aggressive, you will be bald again, soon ...

2) You can start to be bald behind, on the sides or in front of the hair grafts this will give a very strange look to your scalp

3) Do you have enough donor area ?? this is a question that seems silly but sometimes patients don’t have a donor area to do quality transplants.

4) Which professional will do this? Because depending on the way I do the bullshit is done forever, I know people who have scars on their heads because of hair transplants and are bald today just the same.

My opinion ? What I am expressing since the opening of this topic is sometimes a bit ludic but I would say the best way is hair regrowth "natural", because no matter how good the hair transplant doctor is, we will know that the person has a hair transplant.

I think everyone does what feels best, but that's my vision.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, good morning today.

Hair transplantation is a complicated thing.

See well

The transplant is not for your baldness Here comes the questions.

1) If your baldness is aggressive, you will be bald again, soon ...

2) You can start to be bald behind, on the sides or in front of the hair grafts this will give a very strange look to your scalp

3) Do you have enough donor area ?? this is a question that seems silly but sometimes patients don’t have a donor area to do quality transplants.

4) Which professional will do this? Because depending on the way I do the bullshit is done forever, I know people who have scars on their heads because of hair transplants and are bald today just the same.

My opinion ? What I am expressing since the opening of this topic is sometimes a bit ludic but I would say the best way is hair regrowth, because no matter how good the hair transplant doctor is, he will know that the person has a hair transplant.

I think everyone does what feels best, but that's my vision.
I mean we all have different abilities to be "bald". There is something satisfying about regrowth and the process which is mind-blowing but not everyone is up for HRT without limits, the way that I am and others are. I notice on Tressless that many fear transplants for exactly the reasons that you say.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see many patients with hope, thinking that the transplant will solve the problem forever, but this is so far from the truth, this is sad because hope is the mother of illusion.