Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for invitation @JaneyElizabeth ! I will follow this thread of course. I am sure that I will learn even more from this thread and get more knowledge (as the other members as well). I hope all members keep contributing and helping each other. Thanks again @JaneyElizabeth and thank you everyone for your help and your plentiful,helpful and knowledgeable information that you are sharing!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for invitation @JaneyElizabeth ! I will follow this thread of course. I am sure that I will learn even more from this thread and get more knowledge (as the other members as well). I hope all members keep contributing and helping each other. Thanks again @JaneyElizabeth and thank you everyone for your help and your plentiful,helpful and knowledgeable information that you are sharing!
It's been great getting to know you a little and being around a group of people who are cheerful and really will go out of their way to explain their own processes and success. The exciting thing to me is that several folks are reaching their dreams and hopefully as we inform ourselves about Serms, we will have more flexibility in methods. Unfortunately right now there is a world-wide Serm shortage according to some folks on the Reddit sites but I have heard good things. I will put a call out to see if we can get access to folks who have used them and there have been a couple on here.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derma-Rolling

I find the polling feature to be handy but maybe you only get to do it once. I wanted to do a poll on derma-rolling and I was hoping to get feedback from folks about what mm lengths they have used and it anyone has done it largely by itself even better since there will be no cocktail of treatments hiding what's doing what, as in my case. What I do know is that it is sensational at healing scars. I noticed that one on my forehead (I do the neck up) that I had had since I was 15 was gone and many others have just melted away. The way that it occurs is that they scab over several times and the excess tissue is consumed in a process called autophagy.

Now since some conjecture that fibrosis and scarring are related, it might make perfect sense that it would heal hair loss. The only caveat is that people who stop seem to lose their gains quickly but at the least, most of us have reductase inhibitors and minoxidil to retain gains. It is also interesting to know how often people do it and how much redness they like. Last summer, I was doing it to the point of blood by I don't think that is advisable. I recommended it especially because so many guys want to know if running or working out will help hair loss; if they do probably only in terms of maintenance but this is something similar where maybe motivated guys can take back some control which is psychologically healthy. I will also take a gander at some of the youtube stuff.

I am going to try a derma-pen so any of you who have done that and who can provide accounts of any differences, that would be great and also how high should I go in price? I don't want crap but like depilators, you can probably hit a sweet spot which is usually far below the deluxe versions. Tons of fluffy snow here in the Nation's capital which has bruising winters and summers but it's still a nice place to live, out here in the Merry Land suburbs.

I got my new HRT testing approval so as soon as I can get out, I will post them, likely early next week and we can all take a look and see what sorts of different readings might indicate a successful progression. As the economists say, the trend is our friend and to me and I think @bridgeburn and others, you sort feeling as though the wind is at your back.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite Janey, I can see this thread being popular for a long time.
Does anyone know if a spike in E2 could cause a spike in testosterone? A spike in E2 causes a surge of luteninzing hormone from the pituitary, at least for women it does. Is it possible that this could enable gonadal testosterone production? I ask because I seem to masculinize after an estrogen injection, and only feminize at the end of the injection cycle.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derma-Rolling

I find the polling feature to be handy but maybe you only get to do it once. I wanted to do a poll on derma-rolling and I was hoping to get feedback from folks about what mm lengths they have used and it anyone has done it largely by itself even better since there will be no cocktail of treatments hiding what's doing what, as in my case. What I do know is that it is sensational at healing scars. I noticed that one on my forehead (I do the neck up) that I had had since I was 15 was gone and many others have just melted away. The way that it occurs is that they scab over several times and the excess tissue is consumed in a process called autophagy.

Now since some conjecture that fibrosis and scarring are related, it might make perfect sense that it would heal hair loss. The only caveat is that people who stop seem to lose their gains quickly but at the least, most of us have reductase inhibitors and minoxidil to retain gains. It is also interesting to know how often people do it and how much redness they like. Last summer, I was doing it to the point of blood by I don't think that is advisable. I recommended it especially because so many guys want to know if running or working out will help hair loss; if they do probably only in terms of maintenance but this is something similar where maybe motivated guys can take back some control which is psychologically healthy. I will also take a gander at some of the youtube stuff.

I am going to try a derma-pen so any of you who have done that and who can provide accounts of any differences, that would be great and also how high should I go in price? I don't want crap but like depilators, you can probably hit a sweet spot which is usually far below the deluxe versions. Tons of fluffy snow here in the Nation's capital which has bruising winters and summers but it's still a nice place to live, out here in the Merry Land suburbs.

I got my new HRT testing approval so as soon as I can get out, I will post them, likely early next week and we can all take a look and see what sorts of different readings might indicate a successful progression. As the economists say, the trend is our friend and to me and I think @bridgeburn and others, you sort feeling as though the wind is at your back.
After seeing visiting a facial care clinic, I was told to stop using a roller as they tend to create scar tissue. I've since bought a DR pen derma roller for around £25, and overall I'm pretty pleased with it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite Janey, I can see this thread being popular for a long time.
Does anyone know if a spike in E2 could cause a spike in testosterone? A spike in E2 causes a surge of luteninzing hormone from the pituitary, at least for women it does. Is it possible that this could enable gonadal testosterone production? I ask because I seem to masculinize after an estrogen injection, and only feminize at the end of the injection cycle.
That's really high level. I noted above that I will be posting my results. Usually they only provide E2 and T but some folks also get luteinizing hormone and DHT levels so I will try to request a more in depth version. If anyone knows if there is a name or term, that would be helpful such as HRT-Standard or HRT-in Depth. Some of what you are asking related to lunar cycles and pregnancy which eh, I am not a cis-females and I don't have "envy" about those things but maybe I can look into the female hormonal cycle, non-pregnant and pregnant. Particularly your question seems to be related to knowledge of GnRH modulator which aren't spoken off even by MtF's usually because they are un-Goddess-ly expensive and often only used as puberty blockers.

I wish I could say more at this point but I have enough folks who know me on the reddit sites that I can usually get an answer so I will look into that. Another similar issue is whether peaks in E2 levels and lows in E2 have any effect on hair. I think that they do for FF and hair restoration but below the neck, they haven't seemed to for me at all.

Welcome and thanks for your keen observations and your willingness to put yourself out there. Yesterday, I was looking at pictures so I want to sort of start off with a bang with some pics similar to how @bridgeburn did because the before and after contrast is so key. I recommend anyone posting, if they can, to include a starting pic with your current pics because it is easy to forget how bleak some of our starting points are. But I understand those who still can't post and I couldn't either if I didn't have confidence now and I know that some of the folks in the past on AA's often had sheds right when they thought that they had "turned" the corner.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
After seeing visiting a facial care clinic, I was told to stop using a roller as they tend to create scar tissue. I've since bought a DR pen derma roller for around £25, and overall I'm pretty pleased with it.
So that is about 28 euros and 33 dollars. Euros and pounds have those strange symbols that my keyboard seems to lack. In my mind, it looks like a fancy L so internally I pronounce that as "L 25". Can you say what brand yours is, or is it "Acme" like from Roadrunner?

That's not much at all, only about double the last roller purchase. I had micro-needling in the salon done on my face with some sort of device but it didn't seem like a stamp. It seem to work great but actually was a bit more painful in healing time, maybe two days. At $300, though, it's hard to recommend. I try a lot of things things to have experience so I can provide better feedback and see this as background research for my writing and any MtF's who contact me, I can try to help with some ideas about feminization and increasing attractiveness but I will try to keep the topics usually separated so as not to put off folks who like me originally "are just in this (HRT) for the hair. It's a clever phrase and it makes my mother happier when I phrase it that way.

Here's the Amazon page if anyone sees their version or if they have heard good things about any in particular:

Goddess bless.

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a gentleman and a scholar. One of the greatest contributions of British society was the establishment of the gentleman and now gentlewoman as people above the masses but still among them devoted to improving society for all. I see being a renaissance lady or gentleman as just about the highest goal in life. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge and courtesy and good manners directed to all.

Goddess bless and thank you Tato.
Thanks for the words, it's reciprocal, sometimes I wonder how destiny works, each one with a different life, each one from different countries but united, honorable and virtuous, different from the ordinary, at the same time with so many similar characteristics, I think that brilliant minds tend to find others in the middle of this sea of madness,Something like the same frequency brain/soul, I hope to add more and more, together we will get there!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the words, it's reciprocal, sometimes I wonder how destiny works, each one with a different life, each one from different countries but united, honorable and virtuous, different from the ordinary, at the same time with so many similar characteristics, I think that brilliant minds tend to find others in the middle of this sea of madness,Something like the same frequency brain/soul, I hope to add more and more, together we will get there!
Especially in a pandemic and I have been fortunate that my hair and transition help guard against depression.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone with any particular recommendations for youtube videos related to derma-rolling? Most of them seem to be by Keratin Brotherhood but he seems really conservative in terms of needle mm and how often is optimal. My feeling is that once a week is fine. I also feel that with the 2.0 mm, I only need a couple of minutes. Someone posted previously something to the effect that with derma-rolling any gauge and any frequency seems to help and that is probably how I see it. Last year I had some bloody episodes a couple of which I named no pain, no gain with my bald head covered in blood down to my eyelashes. I had already shed everything so at least that made derma-rolling easier. Also with the 2.0 mm, folks might find that hair won't get tangled nearly as much.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Janey and the rest of the community for your healthy, active, and persistent contributions. Thanks Janey for the invite.

As much as I love this thread entirely, I don't think I will ever come close to HRT, probably not even low dose finasteride. The truth of the matter is I have seen very few cases of folks regrowing their hairs solely from a "natural" multi-faceted regimen. And it is for this very same reason why I can't give up to find a natural cure. Let alone all the sides that come with HRT and drugs.

Call me delusional. Idiotic. Illogical. Agree or disagree. This is an open-ended conversation. I really dont care.

After suffering from 9 years of diffused Androgenetic Alopecia as a result of whey protein isolate and reading over 300 research papers, I believe hair loss can possibly be reversed through the intervention of mountainous treatments that target the modulators (IGF-1, WNT-b, PGE2, FGF-7, VEGF, T3, etc.). One of the most under-looked, but vital hormonal modulator is T3.

T3 is the active thyroid hormone that your body needs to prevent hypo/hyperthyroidism. There are many studies that undeniably show the importance of thyroid hormones and hair follicle regulation/maturity/normality. Here are a few noteworthy studies:

1. Thyroid hormones directly alter human hair follicle functions: anagen prolongation and stimulation of both hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation and hair pigmentation Conclusion: we present the first evidence that human HFs are direct targets of thyroid hormones and demonstrate that T3 and/or T4 modulate multiple hair biology parameters, ranging from HF cycling to pigmentation

2. An Intimate Relationship between Thyroid Hormone and Skin: Regulation of Gene Expression - Conclusion: The concept that a finely tuned TH concentration is essential in the control of proliferation versus differentiation raises the possibility of interfering with such mechanisms for therapeutic purposes. Unraveling these complex interactive mechanisms is an exciting challenge for the future and a promising source of information to determine how to regulate TH action in skin.

I also strongly believe the reason why ancient Japanese people aren't susceptible to baldness compared to other nations is because of their frequent high-end use of kelp. Iodine is only found in help. Iodine is the fuel to convert T4 to T3 (Active form) thyroid hormone. Without adequate amounts of iodine, you'll be living in a hypo-thyroid chronic state the rest of your life without even knowing it.

Japanese eat 12x the normal daily value of iodine. They also drink on average 4 cups of green tea which is a potent anti-oxidant and suppressant to stress and DHT. DHT I believe is the aftermath of high cortisol and prolactin. These two stress bombs mess the thyroid up causing it to fall in a hypo state. DHEA and DHT then are the beneficiaries and the end result = hair loss.

When hair loss commences modulators get messed up: You have more PGD2 and less PGE2. You have more FGF-5 and less FGF-7. Micro-inflammation soon follows thereafter and then calcification and fibrosis.

Why am I performing a "data waterfall". It's simply not to confuse any of you but help you understand all the micro elements as to the commencement of hair loss. Simply popping finasteride wont do jack sh*t.

I have yet to experiment with mega-iodine dosing but I heard also too much of this element can cause thyroid and more hair problems. Mega-supplementing is also another area I have yet to partake in.
I was once forced to undergo treatment due to a health problem of immunological origin (congenital)
I used Prednisolone 40mg / day + Sulfassalazine for 6 months

I had an insane capillary regrowth, I went back to NW0, but it was temporary and as soon as I stopped the medication I lost what I had gained in a few months.

I had a very strong hair loss a few years ago and I wanted to use the treatment again but now only for hair regrowth (madness)
I didn't take the corticosteroid, otherwise it would be suicide. I used only sulfasalazine that increases PGE2 specifically, alone for 6 months, I didn't get any results, and I was using 5ar blocker as well and minoxidil too, I think it's a question that has much more to do with androgenic sensitivity, I think that food has an influence to some extent, baldness occurs in more than 50% of men speaking in world numbers, it is much more related to our XY species, I think that the food approach even if it is balanced, correct and natural does not protect against baldness. But of course this is my opinion.

PS: I think it's crazy to mess with thyroid hormones is potentially much worse than handling sex hormones, believe me!!!!!!!

Thanks

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in college and in my internship I attend a lot of people who use a lot of weird things, I had a case once of a bodybuilder (mens physhic category) who used thyroid hormone for muscle anabolism, it's crazy he developed hypothyroidism afterwards (read about) outside that if you miss the dosage by whatever or you are sensitive you may have a tachycardia that you will never forget it if it doesn't happen worse.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you only use estradiol, there will hardly be any side effects, depending on the person, the endogenous production of Testosterone may drop, but estradiol alone has no side effects, so it is much better to go slowly through the hormonal routes in my opinion.

The protocol I learned for TRANS patient

First step Use only estrogen,
If the patient wants to maintain erections this is the best method but it is not very feminizing, effects will only be seen in the long term and in some patients , some very little.

2 step

AA + estrogens: Patient wants a better result, states that he does not need to have erections, wants to grow his breasts markedly.
AA: spironolactone 200-300 mg or CPA 25mg -100 mg (Step two in AA) , estrogen 2mg-4mg(VALARATE ESTOGEN) (it is the medicine I learn of choice (in my country) for approaching transgender men in the public health network.

However, even so, there are patients who, even using high doses of AA and estrogens, are not able to feminize , testosterona production continue, so we went to the GNRH INHIBITORS(here is hiroshima bomb)(Expensive and dangerous drugs)(NAMES ?? CARE GUYS ! DONT USE THIS !" LEUPROLIDE " "Goroselina")

So it's not that easy to end your endogenous testosterone production, maybe in years of exposure it can become a problem, I mentioned this because I think this is the biggest problem for cis boys like me

I think this route is safer than the Thyroid route

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was once forced to undergo treatment due to a health problem of immunological origin (congenital)
I used Prednisolone 40mg / day + Sulfassalazine for 6 months

I had an insane capillary regrowth, I went back to NW0, but it was temporary and as soon as I stopped the medication I lost what I had gained in a few months.

I had a very strong hair loss a few years ago and I wanted to use the treatment again but now only for hair regrowth (madness)
I didn't take the corticosteroid, otherwise it would be suicide. I used only sulfasalazine that increases PGE2 specifically, alone for 6 months, I didn't get any results, and I was using 5ar blocker as well and minoxidil too, I think it's a question that has much more to do with androgenic sensitivity, I think that food has an influence to some extent, baldness occurs in more than 50% of men speaking in world numbers, it is much more related to our XY species, I think that the food approach even if it is balanced, correct and natural does not protect against baldness. But of course this is my opinion.

PS: I think it's crazy to mess with thyroid hormones is potentially much worse than handling sex hormones, believe me!!!!!!!

Thanks
Well, that sulfassalazine or how ever you spell it, isn't that what makes oral minoxidil work? By adding that "S" substance to topical minoxidil, it supposed to super-charge hair growth. It might have the same sides as oral. @bridgeburn started off by supplementing substance S but then switched to oral minoxidil, 10 mg, everyother day. Just to add in, I am taking 300 mg progesterone for ten days a month. Is progesterone a factor in hair loss? Nobody knows and nobody knows it increases breast development but for those folks not wanting to take risks, maybe not go the progesterone route. Neither @bridgeburn nor I fear the possible breast growth.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't really know how minoxidil actually works, there are studies that prove that it decreases androgen receptor expression, there are studies that say that it increases hair growth by increasing blood flow, there are studies that say that it is all together, I think it is worth trying each patient responds to medications in different ways, but nothing happened to me, I think it is multifactorial so PGE2 does little.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't really know how minoxidil actually works, there are studies that prove that it decreases androgen receptor expression, there are studies that say that it increases hair growth by increasing blood flow, there are studies that say that it is all together, I think it is worth trying each patient responds to medications in different ways, but nothing happened to me, I think it is multifactorial so PGE2 does little.
Yeah, but, are you on oral mixodil? I am sorry if I have forgotten but I answer so many questions both on here and on the MtF sites, it can be hard to remember every detail.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that progesterone can be a factor in hair loss if unbalanced with the rest of the hormones, since women when they are being treated with contraceptives of only prostagena origin can suffer from hair loss, pimples, excess progesterone has a "similar" effect testosterone, I don’t know how to speak very well, I’m a student I haven’t graduated yet and in addition this area of medicine are specialists like endocrinologist or gynecologists I am still a simple clinician.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Common Estrogen Target Levels

I really like the title of the thread as it pops up when you click the bell. So if I am reading it right 16,000 plus or minus 7,000 are the pregnancy levels which is 8 to 12 times normal adult female targets.

I am going to put this article up because someone asked something similar. It also has very good approximations as to what types and how much estrogen will get you to targets and also different targets in the pregnancy range. In my case, two climara's get me to targets plus one premarin and so much Estrogel that I have no idea. I can't wait to get tested, hopefully tomorrow.

EstrogenTypical E2 levels aSHBG increaseSource
Oral E2 1 mg/day~25 pg/mL1.6×Kuhl (1998)
Oral E2 2 mg/day~50 pg/mL2.2×Kuhl (1998)
Oral E2 4 mg/day~100 pg/mL1.9–3.2×Fåhraeus & Larsson-Cohn (1982); Gibney
et al. (2005)
; Ropponen et al. (2005)
Oral EV 6 mg/dayb~112.5 pg/mL3.0×Dittrich et al. (2005)
E2 patch 50 μg/day~50 pg/mL1.1×Kuhl (2005)
E2 patch 100 μg/day~100 pg/mL1.2×Shifren et al. (2008)
E2 patches 200 μg/day~200 pg/mL~1.5×Smith et al. (2019)
E2 patches 300 μg/day~300 pg/mL~1.7×Smith et al. (2019)
E2 patches 600 μg/day~600 pg/mL2.3×Bland et al. (2005)
EU 100 mg/month~550 pg/mL2.0×Derra (1981)
PEP 320 mg/month~700 pg/mL1.7×Stege et al. (1988)
EV 10 mg/10 daysVariable (high)3.2×Mueller et al. (2011)
Oral EE 10 μg/day3.0×Kuhl (1998)
Oral EE 50 μg/day4.0×Kuhl (1997)
High-dose synthetic E5–10×von Schoultz et al. (1989)
a Estimated typical estradiol levels from various sources (e.g., Wiki; Aly W., 2020). b Due to differences in molecular weight, EV has about 75% of the amount of estradiol as regular estradiol. Hence, 6 mg/day EV is approximately equivalent to 4.5 mg/day E2.
The results of a study that measured free estradiol throughout pregnancy are shown in the table below (Freymann et al., 1977a; Freymann et al., 1977b).

Table: Total and free estradiol in pregnancy (mean ± SD) (Freymann et al., 1977a/b):

ContextnE2 (ng/mL)ChangeFree E2 (%)ChangeFree E2 (pg/mL)Change
Non-pregnant350.16 ± 0.101.0×2.2 ± 0.4–0%3.5 ± 2.01.0×
Pregnancy
6–20 weeks92.0 ± 1.113×1.6 ± 0.4–27%32 ± 219.1×
12–20 weeks105.5 ± 2.234×1.3 ± 0.3–41%72 ± 3921×
20–30 weeks1210.8 ± 4.668×1.2 ± 0.3–45%130 ± 7437×
30–38 weeks1716.0 ± 7.0100×1.2 ± 0.2–45%184 ± 10353×
In similar studies by another group of researchers, free estradiol fractions were measured in earlier pregnancy (weeks 7–16) and were found to be lower than those obtained by Freymann and colleagues (Bernstein et al., 1986; Depue et al., 1987; Bernstein et al., 1988). The free estradiol percentage was about 0.9 or 1.0% at 10 weeks and about 0.7% at 12 weeks (Bernstein et al., 1986; Depue et al., 1987; Bernstein et al., 1988). Hence, as with the results of Freymann and colleagues, the free estradiol fraction decreased as pregnancy progressed.

Last edited: