Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is impossible to talk about hair regrowth without feminization, I mean comestically satisfactory (NW0).

I think the only question is how feminized you are willing to get to reach your goals , what I can say is the following, If you are losing hair and it bothers you (for real) do something real, do something! now !
A lot of people don't respond to finasteride and minoxidil, they keep backing up and they don't do anything about it, they expect a miracle cure, if it really bothers you, you'll understand.

How far would I go?
He would go as far as necessary, and try to maintain with acceptable male levels later.

A gynecology surgery will be cheaper than a hair transplant surgery, I will try to avoid gyno (SERMS) as much as possible but if it is inevitable it would reach the end
You are a gentleman and a scholar. One of the greatest contributions of British society was the establishment of the gentleman and now gentlewoman as people above the masses but still among them devoted to improving society for all. I see being a renaissance lady or gentleman as just about the highest goal in life. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge and courtesy and good manners directed to all.

Goddess bless and thank you Tato.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogel:

Estrogel receives a lot of elogy by me as perhaps the treatment above all beauty treatments. For those interested in how to get it, please paste the following into your browser. As some have asked me about whether it is packaged well enough to slip past customs, I took some pictures of my latest purchase upon opening. In most, if not all countries, female hormonal treatments are fully legal unlike our unfortunate FtM friends and fellow travelers but in the EC, they love their tax revenue and their nanny state, of which there are far more benefits than detriments but it can be hard to get treatments there. In the U.S., medicare and medicaid are farmed out to private providers which works great to avoid queuing but this isn't about politics, only about your getting the meds and treatments you need at reasonable amount of cost and effort.

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 187

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone who has said such nice things. I have really enjoyed seeing the progress of all of you and I hope that we can continue here where people don't make snarky remarks or disparage anyone's gender or sexual preference. If anyone ever sees content that hurts them personally, then please let me know. I have just seen folks on somewhat similar sites where people are called ignorant or stupid for not following a certain person's 40-plus stack and how it's supposed to work. Here, let's put our money where our mouths are. Conjecture is fine and many of my thoughts are based on conjecture and the ideas of others but ultimately experience rules and if you t'ain't got pics, then eh, there are 4,000 other threads where they don't have pics either. Rob's site, as great as it is, has one pic of someone who has restored a full head of hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Janey and the rest of the community for your healthy, active, and persistent contributions. Thanks Janey for the invite.

As much as I love this thread entirely, I don't think I will ever come close to HRT, probably not even low dose finasteride. The truth of the matter is I have seen very few cases of folks regrowing their hairs solely from a "natural" multi-faceted regimen. And it is for this very same reason why I can't give up to find a natural cure. Let alone all the sides that come with HRT and drugs.

Call me delusional. Idiotic. Illogical. Agree or disagree. This is an open-ended conversation. I really dont care.

After suffering from 9 years of diffused Androgenetic Alopecia as a result of whey protein isolate and reading over 300 research papers, I believe hair loss can possibly be reversed through the intervention of mountainous treatments that target the modulators (IGF-1, WNT-b, PGE2, FGF-7, VEGF, T3, etc.). One of the most under-looked, but vital hormonal modulator is T3.

T3 is the active thyroid hormone that your body needs to prevent hypo/hyperthyroidism. There are many studies that undeniably show the importance of thyroid hormones and hair follicle regulation/maturity/normality. Here are a few noteworthy studies:

1. Thyroid hormones directly alter human hair follicle functions: anagen prolongation and stimulation of both hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation and hair pigmentation Conclusion: we present the first evidence that human HFs are direct targets of thyroid hormones and demonstrate that T3 and/or T4 modulate multiple hair biology parameters, ranging from HF cycling to pigmentation

2. An Intimate Relationship between Thyroid Hormone and Skin: Regulation of Gene Expression - Conclusion: The concept that a finely tuned TH concentration is essential in the control of proliferation versus differentiation raises the possibility of interfering with such mechanisms for therapeutic purposes. Unraveling these complex interactive mechanisms is an exciting challenge for the future and a promising source of information to determine how to regulate TH action in skin.

I also strongly believe the reason why ancient Japanese people aren't susceptible to baldness compared to other nations is because of their frequent high-end use of kelp. Iodine is only found in help. Iodine is the fuel to convert T4 to T3 (Active form) thyroid hormone. Without adequate amounts of iodine, you'll be living in a hypo-thyroid chronic state the rest of your life without even knowing it.

Japanese eat 12x the normal daily value of iodine. They also drink on average 4 cups of green tea which is a potent anti-oxidant and suppressant to stress and DHT. DHT I believe is the aftermath of high cortisol and prolactin. These two stress bombs mess the thyroid up causing it to fall in a hypo state. DHEA and DHT then are the beneficiaries and the end result = hair loss.

When hair loss commences modulators get messed up: You have more PGD2 and less PGE2. You have more FGF-5 and less FGF-7. Micro-inflammation soon follows thereafter and then calcification and fibrosis.

Why am I performing a "data waterfall". It's simply not to confuse any of you but help you understand all the micro elements as to the commencement of hair loss. Simply popping finasteride wont do jack sh*t.

I have yet to experiment with mega-iodine dosing but I heard also too much of this element can cause thyroid and more hair problems. Mega-supplementing is also another area I have yet to partake in.
Fellow travelers of all sorts are important to the community and you might find that your ideas could evolve or there could be non-hormonal breakthroughs. Oral minoxidil is the biggest advance forward in the hair loss area for males, perhaps ever, since so many failed to respond with growth from even Min/finasteride treatments. Micro-needling and establishing parameters regarding mm depth and how often is optimal are other things that although not hormonal, are still on the cutting edge. Kumbaya but there is a nice group of folks here who aren't afraid to admit that baldness hurts and that it might have taken us off a preferable course. Most guys are stoic and can't admit that it hurts and except for losing loved ones, it hurts more for many of us than any other thing that has befallen us in life. Supporting people on slightly different paths or who just want to express disappointment over how hard all of this is, I get you and several others on here have shown the same regard. No one goes up to someone and says, "you have terrible acne scars" or "look at your cleft palate" but people will go right up to someone thinning on top and muss their hair or make some sort of sadistic remark. I haven't let anyone stand behind me or approach me from behind since I was 20 because that was how I found out.

Straight scientific advice is great but I encourage anyone who wants to post fiction or poetry or just tell their baldness story from beginning to now to post. I was trying to make reference to some of the hair gods like the Beatles who have meant so much to me, Brad Pitt and Jeff Bridges, too, somehow gave me hope. There was a guy on the other site who literally castrated himself and, I mean, anyone in that state of mind needs support. And just as I tell trans folks who are depressed especially during the pandemic, anyone can contact me. Life is worth it, hair or no hair but it is so much nicer with hair, no?

Goddess bless.

Last edited:

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
has anyone on this site ever tried to use topical estrogens while simultaneously using systemic anti-estrogens like aspirin, vit k and so on?

To keep estrogen where it belongs --> in tissue (scalp)

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a different kind of hair post. It is interesting to see your transformation.
It has been previously chronicled before.
Most of us knew it was possible & logical.
With that said, 99.9% of the males don’t want to look like a girl. Your stance, I assume is, well your not going to regrow your hair then.
The question is for me: Can we separate treatments to the scalp to systemic treatments to the body? You said you tried topicals with little success. When you went all in with trans meds then results started to happen. Is there a middle ground is the Billion dollar question.
Ive already got some ideas from your posts. A modification of your protocol.
I did know a guy who became a woman & got compliments from woman over “his” hair. So thanks for your bravery & ideas.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a different kind of hair post. It is interesting to see your transformation.
It has been previously chronicled before.
Most of us knew it was possible & logical.
With that said, 99.9% of the males don’t want to look like a girl. Your stance, I assume is, well your not going to regrow your hair then.
The question is for me: Can we separate treatments to the scalp to systemic treatments to the body? You said you tried topicals with little success. When you went all in with trans meds then results started to happen. Is there a middle ground is the Billion dollar question.
Ive already got some ideas from your posts. A modification of your protocol.
I did know a guy who became a woman & got compliments from woman over “his” hair. So thanks for your bravery & ideas.
I am not sure that I would say that I didn't have success with topical estrogen. I still tout that as something that I and @bridgeburn both used during periods of effusive hair growth. What's changed perhaps are two adjunct treatments, derma-rolling and oral minoxidil that might be used with lesser amounts of estrogen and AA's and few have tried all three together: Estrogel, micro-needling and oral minoxidil. Also since we have been discouraged from seeking breast fusion intentionally, I hope to write and focus more on Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators. I have heard reports that Serms can actually dissipate breast growth and gyno after the fact.

It's just because I discovered a second thing that I didn't go that route and that has to do with the entire body rejuvenation effects and effects on attractiveness that estrogen can offer. And some of that might be viable using Serms. Breast growth continues to be the holy grail among MtFs and for taller, broader cis-guys, any breast growth will take place over a much larger surface area and be all but unperceived through clothing. We are all looking for ways to do this without sheds and in a way that conforms to the body image that each of us seek. We all know that essentially, hair loss makes everyone look older and less attractive so for many with no hair, the youth and very slight breast growth will far outweigh looking female. Like most, when I started out, I had an idea that MtF's automatically had cis-female type breast growth but now most of us know that MtF's seek breast growth the way that hair-challenged folks seek hair growth. But only the later appears to be able to be manipulated. Some will find that a head of flowing tresses are more than worth some breast growth and others might have any growth removed so there are many of paths and exciting options. The weakness effects of estrogen, once I went off spironolactone have been unremarkable, meaning in my case slight and I rarely notice them. Boy, did I ever under spironolactone which magnified all of the stereotypical fears of female hormones.

Just remember that in the fall of 2017, Rob at perfecthairhealth wrote an article on castrates and MtF's regrowing hair and two different MtF's chimed in saying that it was not possible and that hair transplants were needed and many MtF sites say that scalp regrowth is not part of the HRT experience. Rob had one before and after pic to ofter. We have at least five people who have proven that this is eminently possible. And unlike @bridgeburn who seem to promise to show a path for cis-males and then never did, our goal here is to try to specifically fit different protocols to different needs, male, female and transgender.

Great comment and I hope you will continue to post. I hope to see this become a 24-hour a day thread which is worth checking in on often. Goddess bless.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as I value Rob's input, his own before and afters aren't comparable. His participants before and afters for the most part aren't comparable or convincing.
That's the bizarre thing. Almost every single article of his is spot on. The issue is that he never was bald and that part diminishes. I was doing the massages during my shed and I blame the massages for being too rough and that is why I prefer to talk up derma-rolling which he does as well but if the massages were viable, I mean, wouldn't we have examples of hair recoveries throughout history? But to those looking into castor oil or caffeine or PG's his stuff seems pretty much always dead on. I might contact him about our HRT successes and pics cause he had only one pic in that influential HRT article. That's when I gave in and decided to enter a formal HRT program.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as I value Rob's input, his own before and afters aren't comparable. His participants before and afters for the most part aren't comparable or convincing.
Since you have been on DR and DT based on your regimen, have you found any success? In his articles, recession sufferers tend to benefit more compared to diffuse thinners due to them having more underlying problems (thyroid, hair shedding disorders or nutrient deficiencies).

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Not really a thread for me to comment in as it doesn't pertain to me, but I will say that:

Transplants with the best surgeons in the world have come close enough to giving visual density that most guys would be ok with. I don't condemn alternative methods if one is at peace with the consequences that come with them, but if we are talking strictly for the purpose of regaining a "suitable" head of hair, the OP and almost any person in this thread who is not a Norwood 7 can achieve close to this with the best transplant surgeons in the world today, in conjunction with using finasteride and minoxidil, in my opinion fairly benign treatments.

Nevertheless, continue the thread as intended, just my two cents.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really a thread for me to comment in as it doesn't pertain to me, but I will say that:

Transplants with the best surgeons in the world have come close enough to giving visual density that most guys would be ok with. I don't condemn alternative methods if one is at peace with the consequences that come with them, but if we are talking strictly for the purpose of regaining a "suitable" head of hair, the OP and almost any person in this thread who is not a Norwood 7 can achieve close to this with the best transplant surgeons in the world today, in conjunction with using finasteride and minoxidil, in my opinion fairly benign treatments.

Nevertheless, continue the thread as intended, just my two cents.
Restoring some hair and following with transplants is a viable path. Unfortunately sometimes they don't take and in some of the micro-needling literature there are some thoughts that actually plugs were more viable long term due to cross-talk but plugs could be pluggy in. a cobblestone patter. Also, I say this never to disparage because we all want solutions but it is a sort of mutilation that can leave scars in the donor area. I think with minoxidil and oral minoxidil and derma-rolling a lot can be accomplished without transplants but I know several who are thinking of using them more so in the temples which are very hard to restore. For people with diffuse thinning which is many, they are probably risky because why wouldn't they fall out in the new area. With the plugs, there might be cross-talk that helps all six or seven strands survive and integrate more easily. They also aren't cheap but anything that works, and which is your best alternative is great. I had one in the 80's and one in the 90's and I regretted it once finasteride and Dr. Lee's formula came out.

For people with diffuse thinning like I had where hair quality is compromised all over the scalp, they probably are best avoided but twenty years is a long time so anyone who has had happier results, I hope you will let us know. Often yes, we need a combination of different things to reach our goals. For people with side/fringe patterns that remain well over the ears without any hint of diffuse thinning or the mullet effect, even back in the 80's. the results could be spectacular. Another aspect is that using estrogen seems to help greatly with healing and I have heard of doctors prescribing topical estrogen for the healing states to lessen scar tissue. Micro-needling is amazing at healing scars both on top and from the donor area. I hope that you will continue posting and we are all fellow travelers.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done DR and DT for 18 months if not more when I first met Rob in 2015. It was a very precise regimen. 1.5mm 60 strokes all across scalp. Scalp was bloody. Rest windows was 3 weeks. DT for 30-35 mins daily 5x weekly. No regrowth. Just maintenance.

The only thing I didnt do during that timeframe was iodine and mega supplementation.

I am thinking of going back to my old regimen only refining it to include specific key nutrients to benefit the thyroid and tackle any nutrient deficiencies. I have Androgenetic Alopecia diffuse pattern, just diffuse. My hair loss wasnt caused by nutrient deficiencies. It was caused by dht via whey protein.

So I am not sure if mega-nutrients will help. I have yet to only experiment...
Derma-rolling, eg. DR but what is DT?

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done DR and DT for 18 months if not more when I first met Rob in 2015. It was a very precise regimen. 1.5mm 60 strokes all across scalp. Scalp was bloody. Rest windows was 3 weeks. DT for 30-35 mins daily 5x weekly. No regrowth. Just maintenance.

The only thing I didnt do during that timeframe was iodine and mega supplementation.

I am thinking of going back to my old regimen only refining it to include specific key nutrients to benefit the thyroid and tackle any nutrient deficiencies. I have Androgenetic Alopecia diffuse pattern, just diffuse. My hair loss wasnt caused by nutrient deficiencies. It was caused by dht via whey protein.

So I am not sure if mega-nutrients will help. I have yet to only experiment...

One of his successful clients, Ben M, had both (diffuse Androgenetic Alopecia and some kind of shedding disorder). After sorting out the disorder, he had almost full regrowth within 6 months.

Ive been wanting to try his method and possiblly join the membership program (where you can work close with him), but still skeptical on the whole thing.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have my doubts to be honest. If you can share me his before and after that would be awesome.

You can look for the before and after in here. I think I am somewhat where he is during the before except, my temples and hairline has receded.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
detumescence therapy (i.e. intense head massages).

There was a fake study on this: https://www.longdom.org/open-access...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf

Author doesnt respond to emails. No further updates.

DT won't regrow hair at temples. Maybe crown.

DRing won't regrow hair at temples. Maybe crown.

DRing combined with MIX and other various things might regrow hair at temples.
Hmm. MIX is one of the few things I haven't tried. I know some seem to tout it. Combo treatments make it hard to identify what's doing what.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
detumescence therapy (i.e. intense head massages).

There was a fake study on this: https://www.longdom.org/open-access...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf

Author doesnt respond to emails. No further updates.

DT won't regrow hair at temples. Maybe crown.

DRing won't regrow hair at temples. Maybe crown.

DRing combined with MIX and other various things might regrow hair at temples.

Believe it or not, I was able to get little temple regrowth with DT (vigorous brushing with bamboo brush and removing sebum with fingernails), but it could also be from finasteride helping with it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I was able to get little temple regrowth with DT (vigorous brushing with bamboo brush and removing sebum with fingernails), but it could also be from finasteride helping with it.
I have wondered whether daily extended brushing isn't a treatment and it seems as though it could promote faster growth. Somewhere I saw a post about people using wire brushes but it sounds too rough. I am using boar's hair. How is bamboo superior? Bambu, now, that I have used....

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have wondered whether daily extended brushing isn't a treatment and it seems as though it could promote faster growth. Somewhere I saw a post about people using wire brushes but it sounds too rough. I am using boar's hair. How is bamboo superior? Bambu, now, that I have used....
From what I've seen, boar's hair brush seems superior if you plan to give more redness and possibly blood out (similar to what micro-needling does). I only use bamboo brush due to religious issues (can't use anything related to boar or pig).

Here is an example of 60+ year old regrowing hair with aggressive brushing with boar hair brush. You can check through some of his posts for the before and after. My understanding of why he has good regrowth is due to near non-existence of androgen as he mentioned on a few of his posts.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also tried that as part of my 18 month journey. No regrowth. I have had my fair share with DT, DT, and BBB (bristle boar brushing). I think had I combine these treatments with supplementation, maybe my results would've been better.

If and when I have time, my new regimen will consist of: DR, DT, BBB, mega-supplementation, iodine, soy isoflavones and capsaicin, LLLT, and topical estrogen.
Part of the pleasure as you move towards success is brushing your hair without fearing hair shedding everywhere and it feels good in a sort of bio-feedback way. Looking at the dermal papillary, I wonder if brushing can assist in pushing the keratin strands out more quickly by "clearing space" and increasing blood flow. It worked for Marcia Brady with her 100 strokes a night.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He took MIX that's what it looks like as well. Not clear photo in terms of regrowth. Where are his before and afters?

Do you mean the link I shared recently? He only added min after 6 to 8 months in his regimen and dropped immediately after he knew how it works. His before is in his first post if you scroll down. I don't think he is lying for his hair journey.