Guys That Keep Their Juvenile Hairline At Age 25-30, Are They Imune?

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As the title says, to me it seems that men that keep that feminine or childlike hairline at age 25-30, will never go bald, maybe some slight recession/thinning at worst.

Or do you know of any example of someone who had that perfect feminine hairline and suddenly lost it all? I cant think of anyone.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely. Although I imagine there will be exceptions. Some men can reach their 30s with a full head of hair and lose it all by the time they are 40. Its all due to follicle sensitivity overtime. Others can go half bald in their 20s and stay that way for decades. male pattern baldness truly is a mystifying disease.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely. Although I imagine there will be exceptions. Some men can reach their 30s with a full head of hair and lose it all by the time they are 40. Its all due to follicle sensitivity overtime. Others can go half bald in their 20s and stay that way for decades. male pattern baldness truly is a mystifying disease.

Ye I know. But i'm specifically thinking of the juvenline hairline and not the "normal" nw1. I know that a juvenline hairline is considered nw1...but for me it still differs from the "normal" nw1 since its very feminin in its way or childlike.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

It just shows what a joke the male pattern baldness research has been when the doctors and patients say the follicle just decides to become sensitive to something that was always present.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It just shows what a joke the male pattern baldness research has been when the doctors and patients say the follicle just decides to become sensitive to something that was always present.
I don't think that's how it works. In adolescence the body produces very little androgens and this is not enough to affect the hair follicles yet until puberty when lots and lots of T and DHT flood the body. I think the condition makes sense. Think of it as people having nut allergies. Each one will be more or less susceptible to the poisonous effects of the nuts. Some can eat a lot before they die ( better genes ) and others can eat just one before death ( bad genes ) and of course some people don't have a nut allergy at all ( good genes )
The same principal applies to male pattern baldness. Those with the juvenile hairlines are highly likely to have the good genes and be resistant to the poisonous effects of DHT.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that's how it works. In adolescence the body produces very little androgens and this is not enough to affect the hair follicles yet until puberty when lots and lots of T and DHT flood the body. I think the condition makes sense. Think of it as people having nut allergies. Each one will be more or less susceptible to the poisonous effects of the nuts. Some can eat a lot before they die ( better genes ) and others can eat just one before death ( bad genes ) and of course some people don't have a nut allergy at all ( good genes )
The same principal applies to male pattern baldness. Those with the juvenile hairlines are highly likely to have the good genes and be resistant to the poisonous effects of DHT.

But thats the funny part. Even those with the "good genes" can get the allergy (male pattern baldness) later on, when there were no signs of "allergies" whatsoever before.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But thats the funny part. Even those with the "good genes" can get the allergy (male pattern baldness) later on, when there were no signs of "allergies" whatsoever before.
Then they didn't truly have the good genes. Only about 30% of men never progress past NW1. But coming to think of it, that's still a ridiculous amount of men who never experience hair loss... f*** my life.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you develop an allergy to something that you never had before it is your immune system attacking that thing that it now views as harmful, most likely since it has recently attacked something that gives off a similar chemical code and it just can't differentiate. It isn't just ''my throat just got sensitive to peanuts which is why it closed up'. That is why when people say the follicles just become sensitive, it does not really make sense. I am not attacking you, just pointing out that you hear that a lot.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you develop an allergy to something that you never had before it is your immune system attacking that thing that it now views as harmful, most likely since it has recently attacked something that gives off a similar chemical code and it just can't differentiate. It isn't just ''my throat just got sensitive to peanuts which is why it closed up'. That is why when people say the follicles just become sensitive, it does not really make sense. I am not attacking you, just pointing out that you hear that a lot.
Fair enough, we're getting a bit technical here lol. I was only offering a dumbed down explanation of how it happens, obviously there are other factors at play. All we can really do in 2018 is get on treatments, a cure if ever developed, is decades away unfortunately.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see mankind achieving a lot of great stuff in the near future. But I honestly don't know if baldness will ever get a real 100% cure. It feels like the simplest of things, reviving hair, but its literally more difficult than curing cancer or building amazing machines and space ships lol.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can see mankind achieving a lot of great stuff in the near future. But I honestly don't know if baldness will ever get a real 100% cure. It feels like the simplest of things, reviving hair, but its literally more difficult than curing cancer or building amazing machines and space ships lol.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but truly drug companies only work toward treatments because it is not lucrative to cure. That is why we will certainly see more and better treatments buy no cure from pharmaceutical land.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to be a conspiracy theorist but truly drug companies only work toward treatments because it is not lucrative to cure. That is why we will certainly see more and better treatments buy no cure from pharmaceutical land.

The thing with hair loss cure is that even if it was a permanent cure, the company who invented it would make A LOT of money. This is something that 70% of men will purchase in different stages of their lives and even women to some degree.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing with hair loss cure is that even if it was a permanent cure, the company who invented it would make A LOT of money. This is something that 70% of men will purchase in different stages of their lives and even women to some degree.

Don't you think if you make something that someone has to use for life for 100$ a month you would generate more money than if you make something that cures something in 6 months for $1000 a month?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Some people just don't have the gene to trigger the body into attacking it's own hair follicle. In my area, I would say most of the hispanics( mostly Puerto Ricans) don't have the gene. Most retain a juvenile hairline well into their 50's and 60's but they eventually lose density in a diffuse pattern. You can retain a juvenile hairline but still lose density all over.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people just don't have the gene to trigger the body into attacking it's own hair follicle. In my area, I would say most of the hispanics( mostly Puerto Ricans) don't have the gene. Most retain a juvenile hairline well into their 50's and 60's but they eventually lose density in a diffuse pattern. You can retain a juvenile hairline but still lose density all over.

thats not true at all. I Know so many PRs its not funny, Ive been to the island numerous times. They suffer the same male pattern baldness as anyone else.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
thats not true at all. I Know so many PRs its not funny, Ive been to the island numerous times. They suffer the same male pattern baldness as anyone else.
I guess maybe I only focus on the ones that do and I can tell you, its alot. But yes, I have seen some go bald early like my past hair stylist.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess maybe I only focus on the ones that do and I can tell you, its alot. But yes, I have seen some go bald early like my past hair stylist.
I get it, I wasnt trying to correct you but just forwarding the info. PR's seem to have the same hairloss as white people but they also are the product of interbreeding with european genes so they would more than likely carry that trait.
In my own observation though it does seem most central and south americans, like Guatemalans and Ecuadorians (more native genetics) dont seem to suffer hairloss as much but maybe someone can correct me on that.

iCurly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be the case sometimes, but personally male pattern baldness is EXTREMELY unpredictable. My brother was a Norwood 1 with really thick hair till he was 32 , then the thinning started and now he is a diffused thinner with like no hair left at 35 , lol. Hairline is still Norwood 1 though.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be the case sometimes, but personally male pattern baldness is EXTREMELY unpredictable. My brother was a Norwood 1 with really thick hair till he was 32 , then the thinning started and now he is a diffused thinner with like no hair left at 35 , lol. Hairline is still Norwood 1 though.

is he on treatments or did he let nature run its course?