Guys I Had An Absolutely Terrible Surgery And I Don't Know What The Hell To Do

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 4 months after may as well be a before pic. There is no growth at 4 months

And that was really more like 3.5 months

But where all of the 4000 grafts been placed ? 4000 grafts just in the crown !? or 4000 grafts on your entire scalp ? (hairline, frontal third,etc)

Or 4000 grafts in the crown and not a single graft growed up

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But where all of the 4000 grafts been placed ? 4000 grafts just in the crown !? or 4000 grafts on your entire scalp ? (hairline, frontal third,etc)

Or 4000 grafts in the crown and not a single graft growed up

1000 grafts or so in crown - which is like 2700 hairs...and my hair is super thick and coarse

Maybe 800 grafts in hairline. Rest in middle and all over. The hairline is good, front temples are good. Middle and crown is like 0% graft survival rate

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
1000 grafts or so in crown - which is like 2700 hairs...and my hair is super thick and coarse

Maybe 800 grafts in hairline. Rest in middle and all over. The hairline is good, front temples are good. Middle and crown is like 0% graft survival rate
Thats really strange. I have never heard of that before.
Usually when people get poor growth its spread out all over the scalp

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

at least the hairline graft survived which is the most important for the look

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
my front looks great now, especially when blowdried and styled. Damn near like a NW1

but my crown is terrible
I think you got enough donor to get a 2nd transplant, and maybe even a 3rd.

If all else fails you can always go see dr. Umar and his BHT

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys i think i might be a VERY late bloomer

I examined my crown today and looks significantly better. Why would someone get all the growth after 8 months?

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys i think i might be a VERY late bloomer

I examined my crown today and looks significantly better. Why would someone get all the growth after 8 months?
I have heard of late bloomers like that. Its rare, but it does happen.

Be happy bro!

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You keep complaining about loss of spontaneous erections, possibly because of finasteride, so I'm guessing you haven't been on it for very long. It's a bad idea to get a transplant whilst your hair is still unstable (shock loss etc.) so I kinda feel like you rushed into it. You should've gave finasteride&min longer to work.

Your hair obviously doesn't look good at the moment. Personally, I'd shave it at this point. Maybe even consider SMP.

Yes he did and this was his motivation for doing so. Guy’s a delusional degenerate.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-from-finnasteride.112911/page-2#post-1639853
2534784D-BDB6-4FEB-B34D-79894AEDE33E.jpeg

Edwin Tilburg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Did you thought about covering the FUT scar by FUE surgery? I think this could fix the problem with the scar.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See your complaint. Why did transplant come in at hairline, while top of head still thin. This is just my belief. The plugs are still viable but not growing. So you have same problem as most male pattern baldness. Transplant doctors sometime add a wound healing/stimulating drug to help new transplants to grow.
That being said, Stimulating hair growth through topicals, pills, products, techniques only go so far if we don’t get to root of problem.
I would suggest scalp exfolliation, through shampoo/ serums to clean sebum in scalp.
Then start to gradually lower androgens in body till you reach regrowth.
DHT accumulation is inflaming sebum/oil production cutting off nutrients/oxygen to follicle.
Your hair should naturally grow with no stimulation, but due to toxin accumulation in scalp due to myriad of reasons no stimulation will ultimately work unless scalp is clean.

Joseph Jlailaty

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a surgery about 8 months ago with a well qualified surgeon and so far, my results in terms of the hairline and the temple sides above the side burns look great but everything else has been zero difference. I see zero growth immediately behind the hairline, zero growth midscalp and especially nothing in the crown

I paid 14,000 dollars and had 4,000 grafts. I have especially thick/dense donor area and I have very thick coarse, wavy hair. I was told i was the ideal candidate for a transplant. So what the hell is the deal here? Why would a very healthy man get 0% growth in a transplant?

I don't know what to do? Do I buzz it down to nothing and then just deal with the FUT scar? my hair looks good when I blow dry it and style it but otherwise you can clearly see how much I've lost

Will my FUT scar be less noticeable over time? Should I just fukk it and shave it now and grow a beard? I have a good head shape and very masculine facial features with great facial hair. I could have just shaved it 8 months ago but the shaved head look makes me look way older and I didn't want that. I'm 30

I posted a pic - 4 months after, then a recent pic, then another recent pic and then a pic immediately after surgery

edit: I've been on rogaine for 4 years and nizoral/finnasteride for a year

I had the same hair loss as you . And have done transplants . Thank God I only got 2500 grafts which restored my hairline .
Transplants can never grow and look as thick as your hair use to so I think it is a waste of money even if they all grown successfully.

I ended up using a toupee with transplant so the front hairline is nearly impossible to see . And my barber cuts and re tapes or bonds my toupee.. even if glue runs from the frontal hairline your implants hide it . However I love tape better as it feel like my head can breath and doesnt leak .

15518560196206873821858431596780.jpg 15518560980405953773016533647888.jpg 15518560196206873821858431596780.jpg 15518560980405953773016533647888.jpg