Guys I Had An Absolutely Terrible Surgery And I Don't Know What The Hell To Do

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a surgery about 8 months ago with a well qualified surgeon and so far, my results in terms of the hairline and the temple sides above the side burns look great but everything else has been zero difference. I see zero growth immediately behind the hairline, zero growth midscalp and especially nothing in the crown

I paid 14,000 dollars and had 4,000 grafts. I have especially thick/dense donor area and I have very thick coarse, wavy hair. I was told i was the ideal candidate for a transplant. So what the hell is the deal here? Why would a very healthy man get 0% growth in a transplant?

I don't know what to do? Do I buzz it down to nothing and then just deal with the FUT scar? my hair looks good when I blow dry it and style it but otherwise you can clearly see how much I've lost

Will my FUT scar be less noticeable over time? Should I just fukk it and shave it now and grow a beard? I have a good head shape and very masculine facial features with great facial hair. I could have just shaved it 8 months ago but the shaved head look makes me look way older and I didn't want that. I'm 30

I posted a pic - 4 months after, then a recent pic, then another recent pic and then a pic immediately after surgery

edit: I've been on rogaine for 4 years and nizoral/finnasteride for a year

Attachments

• 4 months after.jpg
    4 months after.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 707
  • recent pic.jpg
    recent pic.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 753
  • 20190210_211203.jpg
    20190210_211203.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 723
  • post operation pic.jpg
    post operation pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You keep complaining about loss of spontaneous erections, possibly because of finasteride, so I'm guessing you haven't been on it for very long. It's a bad idea to get a transplant whilst your hair is still unstable (shock loss etc.) so I kinda feel like you rushed into it. You should've gave finasteride&min longer to work.

Your hair obviously doesn't look good at the moment. Personally, I'd shave it at this point. Maybe even consider SMP.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You keep complaining about loss of spontaneous erections, possibly because of finasteride, so I'm guessing you haven't been on it for very long. It's a bad idea to get a transplant whilst your hair is still unstable (shock loss etc.) so I kinda feel like you rushed into it. You should've gave finasteride&min longer to work.

Your hair obviously doesn't look good at the moment. Personally, I'd shave it at this point. Maybe even consider SMP.

I've been on finnasteride for a year
rogaine for 4 years
nizoral for a year

these pics are done to focus on how horrible the crown looks. My hairline is like a NW1.5. If I blowdry it and put some gel in it, most people don't even think I'm balding (the waviness helps a lot)

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A year isn't much for finasteride. Did none of these treatments do anything to help? Not even maintain?

here is my hair about 1.5 years ago - I think I have less now than ever

maybe I just have incredibly aggressive hair loss genetics? Now only thing I will say is you can see my hairline in the 2nd pic - it's much better now. I was like a 2.5 and now I'm a 1.5

Attachments

• sides.jpg
    sides.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 495
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 505
  • crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 430

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
here is my hair about 1.5 years ago - I think I have less now than ever

maybe I just have incredibly aggressive hair loss genetics? Now only thing I will say is you can see my hairline in the 2nd pic - it's much better now. I was like a 2.5 and now I'm a 1.5
Really hard to say tbh. It looks like you've thinned out slightly more but have also gained hair in patches where previously you didn't have hair (if that makes sense). It definitely doesn't look drastically worse, though. But yeah, like I said, you should consider SMP.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really hard to say tbh. It looks like you've thinned out slightly more but have also gained hair in patches where previously you didn't have hair (if that makes sense). It definitely doesn't look drastically worse, though. But yeah, like I said, you should consider SMP.

I thought the SMP would be perfect for me - I would be cool to have that shaved head but with a good hairline look for ever...until I realized that SMP is expensive as fuark and then it requires constant maintenance over your lifetime

Fukk that, it's not worth it either. I would rather just deal with the FUT scar. Now will the FUT scar be less noticeable over time? does it fade?

I should not that my hairline is so good and if I blow dry it and puff it up a bit, people don't think I'm balding...but when I wake up in morning, it looks bad

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it would just be less stressful if you shaved it. And yea, there's a tonne of stuff available that help fade scars (silicone sheets, vit.E, steroids).

SMP is awesome at covering up transplant scars. Also, you'd only be paying touch up costs, not the full cost every time.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it would just be less stressful if you shaved it. And yea, there's a tonne of stuff available that help fade scars (silicone sheets, vit.E, steroids).

SMP is awesome at covering up transplant scars. Also, you'd only be paying touch up costs, not the full cost every time.

what are the odds that I have significant growth between 8 - 12 months?

it's just unbelievably baffling that a very healthy young man would have great growth on front/hairline/temples and then get nothing everywhere else. He put 2700 hairs in my crown, where did it all go?

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what are the odds that I have significant growth between 8 - 12 months?

it's just unbelievably baffling that a very healthy young man would have great growth on front/hairline/temples and then get nothing everywhere else. He put 2700 hairs in my crown, where did it all go?
I've got limited knowledge of transplants but I know that by the 12month mark you usually have the final results, then the next 6 months are about texture, thickness and colour changes.

Last edited:

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got limited knowledge of transplants but I know that by the 12month mark you usually have the final results, then the next 6 months is about texture, thickness and colour changes.

do you think the FUT scar will fade more as time goes on?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would personally shave it off and get an SMP. Since you have a good amount of hair it will look really realistic if you go to a good place. I mean you already spent 14k, what difference is another 4-5k. Also the touchups are cheaper after like $500 every 3 years or so. You can keep a good shaved head look into your 30s without being on any medications and f*****g with your dik.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would personally shave it off and get an SMP. Since you have a good amount of hair it will look really realistic if you go to a good place. I mean you already spent 14k, what difference is another 4-5k. Also the touchups are cheaper after like $500 every 3 years or so. You can keep a good shaved head look into your 30s without being on any medications and f*****g with your dik.

I would say my front third and temples are my best. My hairline is really good

so you do SMP once for 4-5K and then it's just touchups every 3 years for 500? Is that really it?

What if I lose all the hair on the top of my head? Do I gotta spend another 5K again when I'm 40?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
14k is a lot of money.. too much for an unhappy result. Get some nanogen to buy you some time until you decide your next step.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
14k is a lot of money.. too much for an unhappy result. Get some nanogen to buy you some time until you decide your next step.

I think I'm just gonna shave my head and grow a beard. I hate having to deal with the FUT scar :( :(. I really wish somebody would have convinced me not to do the surgery

I do have great jawline/beard, I figure I will look something like this

attachment.jpg

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna shave my head and grow a beard. I hate having to deal with the FUT scar :( :(. I really wish somebody would have convinced me not to do the surgery

I do have great jawline/beard, I figure I will look something like this

View attachment 113554
Shave it and get an SMP on the thinner parts like your crown. It wont be that expensive. Also consider doing other things to defer away from your hair like maybe getting your ears pierced like that guy. I have pretty much the same studs as that guy and tbh it can add a lot to your appearance to make face less plain looking.

Another option is to just use concealers now since now you have enough hair to look like a full head of hair with concealers.

I feel for you though man, with 14k spent you must have been expecting a life changing procedure.