Guys I Had An Absolutely Terrible Surgery And I Don't Know What The Hell To Do

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a surgery about 8 months ago with a well qualified surgeon and so far, my results in terms of the hairline and the temple sides above the side burns look great but everything else has been zero difference. I see zero growth immediately behind the hairline, zero growth midscalp and especially nothing in the crown

I paid 14,000 dollars and had 4,000 grafts. I have especially thick/dense donor area and I have very thick coarse, wavy hair. I was told i was the ideal candidate for a transplant. So what the hell is the deal here? Why would a very healthy man get 0% growth in a transplant?

I don't know what to do? Do I buzz it down to nothing and then just deal with the FUT scar? my hair looks good when I blow dry it and style it but otherwise you can clearly see how much I've lost

Will my FUT scar be less noticeable over time? Should I just fukk it and shave it now and grow a beard? I have a good head shape and very masculine facial features with great facial hair. I could have just shaved it 8 months ago but the shaved head look makes me look way older and I didn't want that. I'm 30

I posted a pic - 4 months after, then a recent pic, then another recent pic and then a pic immediately after surgery

edit: I've been on rogaine for 4 years and nizoral/finnasteride for a year

Your ride is over. Simple.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shave it and get an SMP on the thinner parts like your crown. It wont be that expensive. Also consider doing other things to defer away from your hair like maybe getting your ears pierced like that guy. I have pretty much the same studs as that guy and tbh it can add a lot to your appearance to make face less plain looking.

Another option is to just use concealers now since now you have enough hair to look like a full head of hair with concealers.

I feel for you though man, with 14k spent you must have been expecting a life changing procedure.

I think I will look better than that guy does because my facial hair is even thicker and better. Also if I buzz it down, it will look much better cause I have a good hairline

I'm going to try to also gain about 30 more lbs of muscle, I have good amount of muscle mass now (i'm 5'10 195) but more muscle always looks good with buzzcut. Here's a pic when I used to have a beard

I figure I

1)gain about 30 more lbs of muscles

2)get down to 10% body fat so my facial features are very lean and chiseled

3)get tattoo maybe? embrace the bald, tattooed, bearded beefcake look?

new pic 4.jpg

Last edited:

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your ride is over. Simple.

why do you say that? I think I'm in group of men who would be at least a 6 or 7/10 with shaved head. You can see here I have some of the ideal traits required to pull off shaved head look - great jawline/chin, thick eyebrows, dark eyes, excellent facial hair, high cheekbones

I do need to get really muscular and totally ripped though, no doubt. As a bald man, you need to be in top 0.01% of general society to get treatment as even a top 20% male

new pic 3.jpg

maybe i go on roids and try to look like this dude?

78b66a19fd1a0359bd569a7405dcb7b2.jpg

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say my front third and temples are my best. My hairline is really good

so you do SMP once for 4-5K and then it's just touchups every 3 years for 500? Is that really it?

What if I lose all the hair on the top of my head? Do I gotta spend another 5K again when I'm 40?
I think you should get on morr f topical minoxidil n finasterdine and dermaneedling weekly at 2mm.. best treatment out their should work better than what u are on now

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should get on morr f topical minoxidil n finasterdine and dermaneedling weekly at 2mm.. best treatment out their should work better than what u are on now

I'm on rogaine, finnasteride and nizoral now

I think I'm still very slowly losing hair. I think I have absolutely terrible hair loss genetics. Everybody on my dad's side was totally bald

I didn't get my mom's side :( :( my mom's dad had NW0 hairline at 50. My uncle is like NW2 without meds at 56

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on rogaine, finnasteride and nizoral now

I think I'm still very slowly losing hair. I think I have absolutely terrible hair loss genetics. Everybody on my dad's side was totally bald

I didn't get my mom's side :( :( my mom's dad had NW0 hairline at 50. My uncle is like NW2 without meds at 56

The one factor ur not addressing is scalp calcification... which needling 2mm once a week will fix. Also it will make minoxidil work better.. some people are non responders to minoxidil untill they start needling.. same for finasterdine ..maybe that is ur case ?. also less chance of sides with topical morr F.. so i see ur solution their.. take photos in 6 to 12 months and i bett ur cured :)

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The one factor ur not addressing is scalp calcification... which needling 2mm once a week will fix. Also it will make minoxidil work better.. some people are non responders to minoxidil untill they start needling.. same for finasterdine ..maybe that is ur case ?. also less chance of sides with topical morr F.. so i see ur solution their.. take photos in 6 to 12 months and i bett ur cured :)

i don't think that's gonna help. I'm just destined to be bald

finnasteride didn't help. a fukking hair transplant didn't even help

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't think that's gonna help. I'm just destined to be bald

finnasteride didn't help. a fukking hair transplant didn't even help

Yeah finasteride wont help everyone. My situation is kind of same as yours, on dads side is everyone bald af in their 20s and moms side has decent hair. finasteride didnt work for me at all, ive used for 10 months and still losing hundreds of hairs in the shower. We are just destined to be baldies.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah finasteride wont help everyone. My situation is kind of same as yours, on dads side is everyone bald af in their 20s and moms side has decent hair. finasteride didnt work for me at all, ive used for 10 months and still losing hundreds of hairs in the shower. We are just destined to be baldies.

i lose like 30 to 40 hairs in shower so at least its not that aggressive

i really wish i didn't get the transplant. now have to see how bad it will look when i shave it with FUT scar

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
i lose like 30 to 40 hairs in shower so at least its not that aggressive

i really wish i didn't get the transplant. now have to see how bad it will look when i shave it with FUT scar

There was probably a point in time 2-8 years ago where you lost hundreds in the shower but you didnt notice it because the hair on your head still looked good.

A lot of people use SMP to disguise the transplant scars as well. Look into it.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you contact the surgeon about this? If you paid such an amount of money for it, you should see results especially since literally everyone sees results from a transplant. Anyway, you are good looking and would look good with a shaved head if that's what you want. Or, you can go on an extreme regimen in which people do see results.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you contact the surgeon about this? If you paid such an amount of money for it, you should see results especially since literally everyone sees results from a transplant. Anyway, you are good looking and would look good with a shaved head if that's what you want. Or, you can go on an extreme regimen in which people do see results.

I'm so grateful I have dark features and a very masculine facial structure. At least I can pull off the bald bearded beefcake look

but yes, this surgery has been a spectacular failure. You can't see it in those pics but I have very thick and very dense donor area. 4000 grafts is a huge number. I don't know what the hell happened to have such a terrible graft survival rate. I should have had a great result

I did contact my surgeon and he is in complete denial.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so grateful I have dark features and a very masculine facial structure. At least I can pull off the bald bearded beefcake look

but yes, this surgery has been a spectacular failure. You can't see it in those pics but I have very thick and very dense donor area. 4000 grafts is a huge number. I don't know what the hell happened to have such a terrible graft survival rate. I should have had a great result

I did contact my surgeon and he is in complete denial.

Yeah, you would suit it a lot. Women love a beefy man, or men love a beefy man. Did you follow instructions which the surgeon gave you after the transplant? You really should have seen such great results with that many grafts.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, you would suit it a lot. Women love a beefy man, or men love a beefy man. Did you follow instructions which the surgeon gave you after the transplant? You really should have seen such great results with that many grafts.

followed the instructions to a tee

he transplanted 11,000 to 12,000 hairs as I had excellent donor density. 2500 were put in crown. I can't even see 200 in crown

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, doesn't it take up to 12 months until the full result? Secondly, I'm pretty sure that if you go back and look at one of your older threads you'll see that I warned you about shock loss and you ignored it. On top of that you didn't even give finasteride time to work before you got the surgery.
Don't shave it yet, maybe give it some more time. Look into Toppik also, think it might work well for you since there's still a lot of follicles left on the crown.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, doesn't it take up to 12 months until the full result? Secondly, I'm pretty sure that if you go back and look at one of your older threads you'll see that I warned you about shock loss and you ignored it. On top of that you didn't even give finasteride time to work before you got the surgery.
Don't shave it yet, maybe give it some more time. Look into Toppik also, think it might work well for you since there's still a lot of follicles left on the crown.

I've been on finnasteride for a year

I don't think shock loss has been my situation, I've taken pics every month or so and it just hasn't changed at all