I usually do the sly look (when im not being lazy like now) because

1. it takes longer to grow
2. it looks cleaner

Its just a preference.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Fred just ignored two very valid posts by different members in direct response to him.

Just putting that out there.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
^ True, but you can't have everything in life.
I'd prefer to be bald in a first world country, than living in a third world country.
Go try living in South-East Asia...

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^ True, but you can't have everything in life.
I'd prefer to be bald in a first world country, than living in a third world country.
Go try living in South-East Asia...
Doesn't that just turn into the old argument: people in this world are dying you should be happy!
A bull**** argument.
If we follow that philosophy you can never complain about anything.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good video and speech. However, I disagree with head shaving, especially for guys in their 20s. Going sly bald is a way to guarantee you will never again get a girl who is under 25.

I disagree from experience, a significant proportion of young hot girls do still favour the confident, bald, bad boy look, heavily over the "weak, insecure nw3/4 dude with a wispy combover" look... & by this I mean the type of girls that would never look twice at me if I had a grown out nw3/4.

The infinitely greater problem as a shaved headed guy is, that your self-esteem will have taken such a pounding from society in general's comprehensive rejection of your look, that you won't even be in the happy, "confident" mindset required to take advantage of these opportunities when they do come your way.

This was certainly the case for myself, I could scarcely believe it when these hot girls did hit on me because I was in such a negative, downcast place all the time & had such a low opinion of myself, due to looking in the mirror hating what I saw and having it reinforced by family, friends and random strangers.

As Fred said, I'd still take the "looking like a thug" look over the weak, balding loser look, but you WILL still suffer discrimination, negative stereotyping and prejudice with a shaved look.

For example, I once walked briskly into a Costa Coffee Shop with my gf to use the bathroom quickly I was a shaved nw4 at the time and as I was pacing through the place towards the back, I remember some mid30s yuppie looking, aspiring to be middle class, lady glaring at me incessantly from her seat, like I was an utterly repugnant piece of human trash and clutching her handbag with an iron grip as she did so :laugh: You'd have thought she was drinking coffee in Harrods, not ****ty Costa! I can laugh at it now sure, but at the time it was mindblowing. Shaved head = criminal/rapist/peado/serial killer in these type of peoples eyes.

The odd young hottie seeing you as a Statham-esque bad ***, is in fact, pretty much the only positive stereotype you will ever experience with this shaved/buzzed look.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness almost always has a solution in the form of transplants though. It's not ideal, but it is almost always an option. There's no way out with shortness. And they're both equally demeaning and unattractive qualities for a man imo. Even you yourself, with your extremely aggressive balding, had the option to rectify your situation with surgery. And if your hair thins more - you can get another transplant. Hair transplants are available to everyone who has the money. What can you do about being really short? Nothing. Ever.

It's possible;

5202559468_e265f24c12_b11.jpg

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man that's nasty. I assume the only way to do that is limb lengthening surgery (fracturing bones and stretching muscles). I get squeamish just thinking about it.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep they basically just snap your bones up and stretch the cartiledge and hope the broken bones mend correctly, and this procedure has been around a while and has barely improved at all in terms of the science of it, much like hair transplant's really. Also I think the film Gattaca inspired a generation of short guys to go for it, who never thought this was an actual option.

But that picture above is clearly just photoshopping, the upper half of the guy is the exact same in each picture, I mean look at the shading around his belly for example, that would look different even if they took two pictures within seconds of each other, never mind months. I don't think it's possible to get over half a foot improvement like that anyway, how would it make sense, like in the picture, for his shins to be longer? Pretty much just the knees are extended, giving at most 2 or 3 inches.

shookwun

Reaction score
[video=youtube;BLDtN8wuyjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLDtN8wuyjA[/video]

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Realist" is just cringeworthy by the way.

You've taken the red pill bro! Unlike all the slybaldguys sheeple... who arent really on here for the most part.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guys an idiot. I guess this would go down as "false positivity", not once does he remark that it's actually worse being bald, instead he focuses on people telling him that he looks better, I mean really? What the **** else are they going to say? I find it baffling that a guy could be so naive.

Then he makes remarks, more than once, about how he needs to "face up to it as a man" uh no, this isn't going to help you every time you look in the mirror, catch a glimpse of yourself in a car, etc. It actually pissed me off in both videos how he goes at his head with the shaver with this big goofy smile on his face, like ho-ho look what I'm about to do! In reality it's ****ing depressing, face up to THAT, man, otherwise you'll never come close to accepting it.

Baldness is ****, and the only chance any of us have to somewhat accepting it, is by admitting that to ourselves. Only then will we realise that even as a young man, we're just one more bald guy on this earth, insignificant as anyone else, bald or otherwise, then the self-obsession and "facing up to it" can stop. By pretending it's this wonderful new joy in our lives we'll always have this niggling subconscious feeling of thinking it's worse than it is.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
This guys an idiot. I guess this would go down as "false positivity", not once does he remark that it's actually worse being bald, instead he focuses on people telling him that he looks better, I mean really? What the **** else are they going to say? I find it baffling that a guy could be so naive.

Then he makes remarks, more than once, about how he needs to "face up to it as a man" uh no, this isn't going to help you every time you look in the mirror, catch a glimpse of yourself in a car, etc. It actually pissed me off in both videos how he goes at his head with the shaver with this big goofy smile on his face, like ho-ho look what I'm about to do! In reality it's ****ing depressing, face up to THAT, man, otherwise you'll never come close to accepting it.

Baldness is ****, and the only chance any of us have to somewhat accepting it, is by admitting that to ourselves. Only then will we realise that even as a young man, we're just one more bald guy on this earth, insignificant as anyone else, bald or otherwise, then the self-obsession and "facing up to it" can stop. By pretending it's this wonderful new joy in our lives we'll always have this niggling subconscious feeling of thinking it's worse than it is.

Real talk. Knowing where one stands generally in life is the most important base. Lack of self awareness causes a myriad of issues.

blackg

Reaction score

You've seen the light!!! Hahah... just messin, now. But, I actually agree with everything you said!!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heh, thank you, but I've always felt like this (which I think you know but you're just messing around). I just think that a lot of people on here are way too extreme with how society views baldness, so in combating that I may come off sometimes as being like pro-baldness or something, but when pushed, nobody can ever quote a thing I say where I actually push baldness as a GOOD thing, because that's ridiculous.

I should emphasise on the "feeling of thinking it's worse than it is" remark, because it's undoubtedly bad but I still disagree with people who think it's the end of the world, that everyone is laughing at bald guys, etc.

I think with baldness it can be as bad in our minds as we want to make it, but it will never be as good as we want to make it. The best option is to find a decent balance of understanding why it's **** but also being realistic that our physical appearance should not dictate 100% how we feel in our short time on this earth, and it should not limit our experience any more than the ways in which it's out of our control (eg we may not be able to **** the women we used to, that doesn't mean that is the only thing that should be in our lives).

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Accept that you are a bald ugly loser? And then what? We already know that, my question is how do you accept it?

Well that wasn't my point, my point is to accept that baldness sucks, and not dress it up as some sort of positive, and definitely not that it instantly defines who you are as a person, unless you let it. It's likely that most people will be ugly, yes, but loser? Nope.

Your chances of being a loser will increase with baldness, and how you let it affect you, but it's not a death sentence. There's 2 really awful mistakes you can make; 1) feel like it's the end of the world and everyone will see you as badly as you see yourself (which isn't true) and 2) feel like this is a really positive thing, it's a new birth and because people say you actually look better you should trust that. This is dangerous because you set yourself up for a big fall when you have to eventually admit to yourself that being bald is not a positive thing, and the guy this thread is made about went back to growing his hair because he set himself up for a fall, and couldn't cope with it, and even in the 2nd video, with his big dumb "it's fun to shave bro!" smile he's setting himself up for more disappointment.

The latter is oddly something that Fred may say he's always argued about, "false positivity theory", but there's a big difference between being positive about you coping as a bald person, and being positive about your baldness, which would be ridiculous. I believe Fred argues that baldness infects every part of a persons character, and "false positivity" is the hope of achieving anything as a bald person, which isn't at all fair. You can hate baldness, being bald as a part of your character, but in no way should you let it consume every fibre of your being, because apart from maybe first impressions among shallow people (well, most people) it doesn't become every part of your character unless you let it.

Like a quadraplegic trying to play soccer needs working legs to play, in just the same way a young man needs his hair to play the game of life. Hair is essential. Without hair you are just wasting your time.

This is just utter ****.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As (never thought I would say that) h.l. says, it's not black or white.

I never thought I'd hear you say that! I would say it's unfair for a person to list the negative impact baldness has had on your life, and act like they can know what defines you.

Well baldness is looked upon so negatively that no bald man has been president of america since tv, and David Cameron, George Osborne and possibly the next President of America have combovers. Isn't that proof that people feel that baldness disqualifies you from life?

Is that a serious question? If so, no, no it's not proof! Don't be ridiculous. At the very most it's an opinion, but the fact you think this tediously linked take on baldness and political leadership may actually be "evidence" means I find it hard to take you seriously.

There probably is some truth to great leaders needing hair in Western society at least, but what, you're either President, Prime Minister, or a janitor? What kind of logic is that? There's no room between being a loser, and running the free world? What a stupid jump up that is, just to suit your extreme viewpoint that you're either a fullhead or nothing.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The connection is they need hair to get votes, or for people to watch their news channel. I cant believe how you comprehended what I wrote like that.

P.S. ****

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
So being sectioned, drugged, developing gynocomastia and getting operated on for that, FUE etc is a good life? Graduating years behind schedule is good? You have lived a life of misery. 16-25 should be the highlight of everyones life. For us premature baldies it's hell.

This isn't a cheap shot because I'm as ****ed by being bald as anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Well baldness is looked upon so negatively that no bald man has been president of america since tv, and David Cameron, George Osborne and possibly the next President of America have combovers. Isn't that proof that people feel that baldness disqualifies you from life? If they won't elect a man to do a job then why would they hire him or women **** him? It's like being a jew with the star of david band on your arm in the nazi germany.

As an uglier man, you are going to be going out with dramatically uglier women who will treat you worse and have way more power over you. Not to mention your kids will be ugly like their mother and bald like you meaning their very conception is an act of evil. That is horrendous.

And you can't just dismiss people as "shallow. They're not. They're trying to eliminate you from the gene pool because you're diseased.

Well I don't agree.

Not everyones path in life is linear, like fred i ****ed around with uni. Just because other people start work earlier doesnt mean they will be more successful than you financially or in terms of happiness, etc.

Everything in life is a learning experience, everyone makes mistakes and although many people go in a linear path in life, thatd be so borimg if you dont have any excitment of mishaps in life.

And i disagree 16 to 25 should be the highlight of your life. Qny part of ypur life can be a highlight, doesnt have to be just when your young.