Great video every guy who's losing their hair should watch

shookwun

Reaction score
Kudos to him, and I salute him for doing this but the fact still remains that despite what you think people will always perceive you in the particular way they associate baldness with - being unattractive.

That's the problem with this whole cognitive behavior, and positive reinforcement type approach. it doesn't work! it might work if you lived in solitary confinement. Society, and everyone will continue to discriminate, and always associate baldness with being unattractive.

Those burdened feelings always lead back to the roots of our demise.

A womens preference is a man with hair, her second preference is a man without. In other words, their is no escaping the feeling of being treated like a second class citizen.

Rugs, plugs and drugs

EDIT: Should of kept it at the clipper buzz guard, looks great there. That shaven look doesn't look good

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Shookwon, you have taken a turn. Alot more truth coming through your posts now than ever before. I like what your writting. Realistic yet relateable.
As far as the video goes, that guy is going through the stages of grief. He is telling himself all the things people say to try and make us feel better... but time and experience as a bald man will show him the truth. Then, he will just be angry at the injustice of it all before he settles into the depressing reality. So yeah, what shook said about how changing your thinking doesnt change your situation ultimately.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: Should of kept it at the clipper buzz guard, looks great there. That shaven look doesn't look good

Agreed.. at that length, this guy would look solid. Even clean shaven he looks a lot better than before IMO. Talking in a retrospective manner, it would look better in the future concerning the areas where hair was.. Pigmentation will equal across the scalp if he kept it clean shaven.

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Shookwon, you have taken a turn. Alot more truth coming through your posts now than ever before. I like what your writting. Realistic yet relateable.
As far as the video goes, that guy is going through the stages of grief. He is telling himself all the things people say to try and make us feel better... but time and experience as a bald man will show him the truth. Then, he will just be angry at the injustice of it all before he settles into the depressing reality. So yeah, what shook said about how changing your thinking doesnt change your situation ultimately.

This is what I do not understand. Because this is a hairloss forum, the majority of people go to unrealistic assumptions that balding people are always in an unhappy/grieving state. We do not know by any means if the guy in the video is going through the stages of grief. The guy shows happiness throughout the shaving process, and one should assume that he is happy. Where does this logic come from that he is unhappy? Society has ingrained it in us that hairloss is a one way ticket to doom and we will never be happy. I personally, and many other people in the comment section of the video, think that the guy looks better with a shaved head. Heck, I'd be happy too if many people thought I was attractive with a shaved head.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
But he still has enough hair on top to pull off the shaved look. Wait until it becomes a horseshoe and he has to deal with womens sneers and people looking down on him because he is bald. There is no question, it will happen. It remains to be seen how he will deal with it. If he is like most men, he will pretend it doesnt bother him and suffer silently. But of course everyone is different.

You answered your own question btw when you said society pretty much designates that bald men are put into an unofficial lowered social status. Being bald is like wearing a scarlet letter on your chest.... everyone knows what it means. Thats the stigma.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I do not understand. Because this is a hairloss forum, the majority of people go to unrealistic assumptions that balding people are always in an unhappy/grieving state. We do not know by any means if the guy in the video is going through the stages of grief. The guy shows happiness throughout the shaving process, and one should assume that he is happy. Where does this logic come from that he is unhappy? Society has ingrained it in us that hairloss is a one way ticket to doom and we will never be happy. I personally, and many other people in the comment section of the video, think that the guy looks better with a shaved head. Heck, I'd be happy too if many people thought I was attractive with a shaved head.

How dare you use logic on a hair loss forum!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kudos to him, and I salute him for doing this but the fact still remains that despite what you think people will always perceive you in the particular way they associate baldness with - being unattractive.

That's the problem with this whole cognitive behavior, and positive reinforcement type approach. it doesn't work! it might work if you lived in solitary confinement. Society, and everyone will continue to discriminate, and always associate baldness with being unattractive.

Those burdened feelings always lead back to the roots of our demise.

A womens preference is a man with hair, her second preference is a man without. In other words, their is no escaping the feeling of being treated like a second class citizen.

Rugs, plugs and drugs

You do realise that most guys are unattractive anyway? Like, probably the majority of guys aren't a girls "type" or first choice.

I just find it hilarious when I see whining about "not being first choice", who the hell is first choice? Like 1% of guys are at a level where a girl would instantly see him and want nobody else, only about 10% would generally be considered undeniably handsome, but 1% are the only guys who know what it's like to be "first choice". It's funny because you, and others on here, act like "not being first choice" is really heartbreaking, when it's normal for nearly everyone, but you've packaged this into being a baldness thing. Most guys aren't desirable, a lot of women as well, but guys in particular have a lot more qualities to play with, which is actually a good thing.

As far as first choice in terms of generalising between NW1's and bald guys, of course having hair is better, but it depends what NW1 guy the bald guy is up against. Plenty of NW1's are on a level playing field with bald guys because a lot of guys are just ugly, or fat, or have acne etc. I mean you make it sound so simple. Like it's us baldies up against this army of square jawed NW1's.

You clearly haven't known many bald guys outside of a hair loss forum. Plenty are somewhat comfortable with it, the fact that you can't even imagine that possibility says a lot, but no, not every single guy goes through the grief like all of us do on here.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The guy shows happiness throughout the shaving process, and one should assume that he is happy. Where does this logic come from that he is unhappy?.

I was happy when I first shaved my nw4, elated actually, but then after my family told me how awful they thought I looked, it crushed me and even though a significant number of hot girls rated me and thought I looked sexy with the shaved look, I never felt more crushed, socially rejected and low on self esteem in my life.

Once your family rejects you like that, you really hit rock bottom. I wouldn't recomment shaving to anyone, unless it is an absolute last resort, or if you are starting afresh in a new location far away from the judgemental f%$kers in your family who won't hesitate to tell you how awful you look and how much better you looked with half a head of wispy hair! lol :shakehead:

Personally I wouldn't buzz or shave ever again, unless I could transpLuckily for me I am on a militantly strong regimen now and have recovered a small bit of density saving for a hair transplant, even though it will probably take years as I want to get on the housing ladder too, not so easy with so many yuppies moving to my town now.:2gunsfiring_v1:lol

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Primo, You have a good head on your shoulders (minus the hair sit.). You're on a roll now somehow I know you'll get there. :)

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
They're all lying and pretending. The point he was making is that even if you're comfortable with it, you will be the subject of mockeries every now and then.

There's no avoiding them. Unless you look like a mountain of muscles like swingline. But how many men look like that? And even then, people will still think you're a overcompensating bald loser.

The fact that you think all baldies are lying and pretending to be comfortable with themselves just shows how unrealistic reality is skewed for you. I know plenty of bald people that are perfectly comfortable with their looks. You need to realize that everyone uniquely different and has different thoughts. Just because you are not comfortable being bald does not mean you should go and preach that balding is a sin and no one will find you attractive. It's just a counteractive thing to do with everyone involved. Be constructive and insightful about the issue rather than making unrealistic claims.

Also, the comment about people thinking muscular bald men are being overcompensating bald losers? WTF. Have you not been on hairloss forums long enough to read that the vast majority of people who take the plunge and keep a bald head would rather have muscles than being a twig? It is just more aesthetically pleasing to most and shows that you take care of your body. I don't think many people believe The Rock is an overcompensating loser. It's the exact opposite actually.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course there's people who are ok with balding; after all, there are plenty of people who don't care that much about their looks.
But actually giving a damn about your looks and not being bothered baldness? A different thing entirely.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're all lying and pretending.

Right off the bat! You're a laughing stock Fred, the instant cynicism and unbased presumptuousness isn't unique to you on here but you're the master. And let me remind you that you have said before that baldness isn't even that big of a deal in your own country, yet you write posts like this where it means everything to a man. Nothing about you makes any sense.

First of all, to say they're "lying" is to assume that the guys I'm talking about have ever seriously addressed their hair loss in the first place, some of them haven't, so how do I know that they're comfortable with it? Because, why would I assume they aren't? From time to time people do joke about it, which I don't accept because I'm too sensitive about it (and thus, why I'm on a hair loss forum) but a lot of guys just go with it and genuinely, do not really care. I've seen others on here talk about how this is being subservient and having low self-esteem etc. but while some people like you will let incidents and "mockeries" haunt them forever (I'm not blaming you, it's just who you are) there are plenty of guys who let it roll off them like nothing, and they're better off for it.

Not everyone is like you, I don't know why you can't understand that. I mean this next sentence makes even less sense:

The point he was making is that even if you're comfortable with it, you will be the subject of mockeries every now and then.

You just said that ALL guys who are comfortable with it are lying and fooling themselves, now you're writing about those who are comfortable with it. I thought they don't exist?

But anyway, if a guy is comfortable with it then the mockeries "every now and then" aren't a big deal, you make it sound so dramatic but for a lot of guys the incidents that you've had, they wouldn't even remember the next week, and you'll never forget them.

And I agree with alexpie's sentiments about "overcompensating losers" hahaha, I mean how can anyone take this seriously? Perhaps a bald guy with muscles could be seen as doing it because of the baldness, but an overcompensating loser? What is your mind? "People" don't see them as overcompensating losers, only YOU see them that way, because anything associated with baldness you will always put in your biggest effort to twist into something devastatingly negative.

Oh but I forgot, I guess you're just being "real".

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then don't say that they're "all" lying if there are exceptions. But well done on responding to the least important part of my post and ignoring the parts that you also can't deal with.

The overcompensating loser remark is just indefensible, but now you're just happy to try and let it go and sweep it under the carpet.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try to say 'almost all bald men' in the future. My bad.

You write a lot of nonsense as concrete fact, and a lot of it contradicts itself and instead of acknowledging it at some point, you plough on and change the subject. This is the first time you've ever shown some humility that I've seen.

Anyway, you've always maintained that if you write something, it's not an opinion, it's based on fact and research (considering the **** you write, that's quite a claim!). So show me some proof that guys in the general population, not guys on a hair loss forum, are completely devastated by their hair, that it's massively crippling on their daily life. You at least admit you don't mean ALL bald guys, but even something that implies that 90% of bald guys are really as bad as you say you are.

You're just basing your opinion (not fact) on nothing but being absorbed in a hair loss forum for too long. I'm basing my opinion (and I'm not arrogant enough to claim my opinions are 100% facts like you do) on being here, on knowing people generally, on reactions to baldness from guys talking about it in the media, and I can't put a number on it, but a significant amount of guys are genuinely at ease with it. It will never be preferable, but nowhere near the bleak dark hole that you think it is for everyone.

You can call it ignorance is bliss if you must, but they're still in bliss, and it's like it hurts you to know that some guys cope with it just fine, to the point you just want to deny it at all costs.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't, and I don't have to. I never made the claim that my opinions are 100% correct and completely based on facts, that's the claim that you made, I just explained what my OPINIONS are based on, so I don't need to provide any proof. It's all anecdotal, from knowing people, from seeing guys talk about it in the media.

You on the other hand claimed that all of your opinions are facts based on research, so I'm asking for you to back up this wildly ridiculous claim that like 99% of guys are desperately depressed. I don't see how you could possibly have come to that conclusion because it conveniently matches up with your own attitude on baldness and in a weird way, how you want other people to feel about baldness. It's like you don't like the thought of anyone being comfortable with it so you're simply denying they exist, or that they're lying to themselves.

blackg

Reaction score
I was happy when I first shaved my nw4, elated actually, but then after my family told me how awful they thought I looked, it crushed me and even though a significant number of hot girls rated me and thought I looked sexy with the shaved look, I never felt more crushed, socially rejected and low on self esteem in my life.

Once your family rejects you like that, you really hit rock bottom. I wouldn't recomment shaving to anyone, unless it is an absolute last resort, or if you are starting afresh in a new location far away from the judgemental f%$kers in your family who won't hesitate to tell you how awful you look and how much better you looked with half a head of wispy hair! lol :shakehead:

Personally I wouldn't buzz or shave ever again, unless I could transpLuckily for me I am on a militantly strong regimen now and have recovered a small bit of density saving for a hair transplant, even though it will probably take years as I want to get on the housing ladder too, not so easy with so many yuppies moving to my town now.:2gunsfiring_v1:lol
Can totally relate! When the family turn on ya, it can be a major hit.
Aren't these the people who are supposed to support us?