Great video every guy who's losing their hair should watch

jd_uk

Reaction score
Think about it, have you ever seen a NW4+ telling me I'm wrong on this forum?

About the same as going to an alocholic anonymous meeting and not having them agree with you that alcohol ruins lives.

There are millions of bald men, not on this forum who would disagree with a lot of what you say.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you telling me THIS doesn't seem nutty?

You are going to be bald. It is going to happen. It's not all going to be ok. Keep posting, it won't change reality.

And Fred I said your posts used to be the same, mindless scribblings of "you will know the darkness. you will see it" and now while you still clearly revere baldness, you don't feel the need to pointlessly promote how bad it is as if we don't know, now there is more of a balance.

You have taken the word "nutty" and assumed I meant "negative", there's nothing wrong with being negative about baldness, it's being a totally biased psychopath towards negativity that makes it "nutty". Like the type of guy who writes "bald guys who get strong are just seen as overcompensating losers" and "bald guy left with a girl in a taxi? did you see them have sex? no didn't happen".

Those quotes are simply nutty and you'd churn them out on a regular basis and were always unable to justify them, because they were so nuts. As entertaining as it was at times, cocohot is right, you've mellowed, it's at least better for your mental health, but no more shooting fish in a barrel for me.

As far as reaching NW4, I have got money, I'm 29 with an NW2 even though I don't like the lack of growth in the fringe, and my donor area is not under any threat from the crown. Of course things can still go wrong, but regardless it's really sad how blatantly you just tried to circle jerk with your pal there and just start assuming everyone will definitely be bald, you as a former NW6 should know.

If there are plenty of NW4+'s on this forum who have dealt with it as badly as you did, then posters like yourself have done your absolute best to compound their misery and make sure they feel as **** as possible. This is essentially your legacy on here, but consider yourself a "comforting realist" if you wish.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're deluding themselves.

I've heard you say this a million times and you always seem to write it as if it's still not a cliche. I'm just wondering, at what stage are they no longer deluding themselves? On their death bed at 89 a guy suddenly realises "uh oh baldness is **** I've looked awful for 60 years!" and then croaks?

You are deluded Fred, without possibly knowing the "millions of bald people" you just assume they must all be deluded. The fact is your position on baldness will always be skewed extremely negatively because of how aggressively it happened so early, you will never have a balanced viewpoint on something you have posted about so much.

jd_uk

Reaction score
They're deluding themselves. Or they didn't live it, ask any guy who started losing hair aggressively at 16 like me.

Of course they're pretty hard to find, but I find it quite arrogant to resort to the good old: "I wouldn't have done it better! You were just a pussy".

Don't make me laugh. If you had to go through what I've been through, you would have blown your brains out within a month.

When i was 14 i had a heart condition which meant i could barely move without having palpitations. Finally at 20 i had it cured. That is worse than any hair loss. You come across as a self righetous pr*ck sometimes.

Theree are millions of bald men who did just fine getting girls because they didn't obsess over their hair loss. The guys here are the ones who it bothers the most - looking for approval from them is stupid.

jd_uk

Reaction score
It isn't worse than hair loss. You were still yourself and it was only physical. Psychological pain is infinitely worse. And trust me, I've been through a lot of other sh*t besides hair loss.

Other people here who had seemingly worse conditions told us that hair loss was indeed the worst. This article says it all: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6634857.stm

So now you're telling me that a condition which i experienced which i had to undergo three heart ops for and lost my youth over isn't as bad as hair loss. You think there is no psychological pain in not knowing if your next move will put your heart rate up to 250 beats per minute, or knowing that you can't even go out with your mates let alone have a girlfriend?

You really are an obnoxious tw*t. Make no mistake about that.

As an aside i'll definitely be spending less time on this forum than i have done recently. The more time I spend here, often putting a more positive slant on things, the more i realise that the people here are the ones who take comfort in misery and actually are destined to live pretty sh*tty lives with these mindsets.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fred you just went from saying that all NW4+'s agree with you on baldness, to then saying that they generally don't understand, only aggressively balding teens can which are a rare minority anyway, and basically anyone who disagrees with you is deluded.

I'm not going to let this slide off course as it normally does with you, old habits die hard I guess.

T

tellersquill

I remember having a debate about whether Jude Law was losing his hair a decade ago - she thought it was just his hairline! Women don't always notice these things.

jude_law+jpg+%284%29.jpg

jd_uk

Reaction score
Cancer patients says so themselves.

The worst part of having cancer according to them?

Hair loss. Nah, dying is not worse.

I know a kid who recently lost their life at 14 from cancer and you're telling me you had it worse. I repeat, you're absolute scum and frankly it's a good thing for your sake i'm not closer to you because that's how much it winds me up to hear someone say that.

I really think anyone reading this should take a serious think about whether this 'place' is a healthy one to spend time when you have posters like this.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Good old h.l. nitpicking and arguing for the sake of nitpicking and arguing.

Captain forehead and Exodus generally agree with me. And oh surprise, they went bald aggressively in their teens.

Uncomfortable man started balding in his early 20's, but he gets it too.

Keep trying to reassure yourself.

I'm living an amazing life, well in my opinion.

Even though something pretty sh*tty just happened to me.

But again, nowhere near as bad as hair loss at a young age.

Nothing is, not even cancer.

The dumbest post youve made, and youve written lots of dumb posts

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
For the sake of argument let's say you could get all your hair back with the condition that you get cancer and you're the only case in the world of someone not losing his hair from chemotherapy. Would you take the hair?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good old h.l. nitpicking and arguing for the sake of nitpicking and arguing.

Captain forehead and Exodus generally agree with me. And oh surprise, they went bald aggressively in their teens.

Uncomfortable man started balding in his early 20's, but he gets it too.

It's always "nitpicking" when you're wrong.

I don't care what few people had aggressive teenage bald and agree with you, in your own words you said all NW4+ agree with you, you didn't specify age, and then you instantly (without even being asked to address it) went back on that and said that even an early 20's NW4 couldn't understand you or agree with you.

I'm not even trying to win an argument at this point, just letting you know that it made no sense. Read back on it if you wish.

H.L., your behaviour is an absolute disgrace on this forum, you constantly stalk people, not just me, around these forums and just continuously insult and provoke people. You've admitted before that you can see right through your hair in the morning and that you fluff your hair up, but you maintain in this thread that you don't have a combover, have a thick head of hair and will never be an NW5 (impossible) and you did taunt me for being bald even though you're half way to a diffuse NW5 yourself.

That's why I'm happy to know that you will be bald too. I know it terrifies you, you've admitted you had a mental breakdown before after seeing a particularly revealing photograph, but still you call me nutty and insane, even though by definition anyone posting on this forum is insanely concerned about hairloss. What I'm saying is that you deserve your NW5 future. You are an obnoxious hypocrite. It's poetic justice.

Constantly stalk people? I've been here several months, the only people I've replied to in different threads at the same time are you, Fred, and swingline, and often I've been replied at from these posters. Can you give a list of the people I apparently constantly stalk? Once I came on here to see you replied to me in 4 different topics (one was the most useless "jab" at just trying to get a response, which I ignored) so by that logic I could very much accuse you of the same thing. But if I'm constantly picking out a new victim, you should be able to easily rattle off a dozen of people I "constantly" follow around these forums. It's very simple, the same stupid people will write the same stupid ****, in different topics, you are currently one of these people, when I see you write the same stupid **** in another thread, I'll also reply in that one, I don't go seeking for it. Maybe that would validate your empty life a bit but it's simply not the case, sorry.

"Thick head of hair"? I said I'm basically an NW2 but don't like the growth around my fringe area, and this is saying I have a "thick head of hair"? Nothing you can say will ever be reliable, and will never be taken seriously. Just like with debating societies affects on baldness, you twist things into how you want to see them. Now we all do this to an extent, but you're beyond the grasp of reality, most of the time. Show me where I said I have a thick head of hair.

As for "you've admitted you had a mental breakdown before" I think I'll use this as a prime example of how you blow things out of proportion:

My reaction to a photo was by no means rational, but just because I reacted badly, or had a "breakdown" in some small way, it doesn't make me generally insane just because you want everyone to be as nuts as you. Just because I've brought up a story from my past doesn't mean it still haunts me, I've since gone back and revisited all of those wedding photos (not long after I firstly refused to look through them), it would be somewhat irrational or at the very most debatably insane if I still freaked out at the thought of it.

a "breakdown" (implying, if that's what YOU would want to call it because it's me) in some small way = Full blown lock me in a padded cell. To be clear, when someone uses quote marks, that means for lack of a better word, and when they say "in some small way", that normally means, in some small way. To jump from that to an extreme conclusion is desperate, even by your standards.

But the most important thing, and I won't stop asking about this, so get it out of the way now, show me where I taunted you for being bald, you can even give me a good idea of where I said and I'll find what you're talking about. If that is the case, even if it was completely unintentional and by my own error of judgement it looks like I'm taunting specifically for baldness, then of course I would apologise unreservedly. As the 2 examples I give above show, I'd say it's very unlikely, as what you say is not at all what it seems.

And for the record, I don't know if you're insane and I've even said this before, but you are a guy who claims to be insane, and claims everyone else around you is insane, and you seem so surprised when your opinions are deemed unreliable.

I'll even do a tl;dr for you being sick of my walls of texts, to concisely show how all of your points here were wrong;

-"constantly" stalking people would imply a consistent seeking and harassment of many members, not 3
-"thick head of hair" was never said by me
-"had a "breakdown" in some small way" doesn't mean having a full blown mental breakdown
-last and most importantly, back up what you say for once and show me where I specifically taunted you for being bald

- - - Updated - - -

Again, not even my words. That came straight from the cancer patients' mouth.

Do you know anything about how it's like to have cancer? Well they do, and what they say is:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/the-hardest-part-of-breast-cancer-was-losing-my-hair/

It's easy to get emotional and politically correct about this topic, but if even the cancer sufferers say themselves that the worst part of their disease is hair loss...

Even though you probably could easily find someone, somewhere, who would say that the superficial aspects of hair loss is the worst part of cancer, you managed to find someone who actually didn't even say this:

"I do think that losing your hair is an indication that you have cancer. It's what people attribute to cancer. If you are just vomiting all the time, you're just sick.
"I did want to be as normal as possible because people think you're sick and if people think you're sick, people take advantage of you because they know you're a weakling.

She's saying the hair loss is the big symbol of having cancer, and that was horrible for her. This was her main point, what it represented as her illness, I'm sure the superficial side was awful for her too, but it was what the hair loss represented that really hurt.

Even if you do find someone who says on a purely superficial basis that hair loss is the worst thing about it, that would be because DYING is implied as being the worst thing, it doesn't even need to be said. And even if they say dying isn't as bad as hair loss, they haven't experienced it yet, so just like your aggressive teen balding, how would they know?

Fred I wrote earlier how you've mellowed, but now almost in a rebellious way you've managed to show that you're more insane than ever. And unlike before, this isn't even entertaining, it's disturbing and practically disrespectful and offensive.

You are correct when you say people get sensitive over this issue, that does not mean that it makes you correct in the point you're making, which you seem to imply. You're saying "people don't like to hear the truth because it's non-PC!" and giving yourself way more credit than you deserve. If you're going to have a point to make over cancer you better make sure it's a damn good one, not one tiny fragment of a quote from some cancer victim somewhere, how is that in any way conclusive?

Please do everyone a favour including yourself, and shut up.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I was 5'7, with a weird head shape and not as handsome, as in handsome enough to suit the bald look, yes.

In my case, no, I would keep my thin NW2.5 brought by a hair transplant with a nearly bald crown over a full head of hair and cancer.

Fred, we've seen your pics and you're damn good looking (no homo brah, haha)... so, for all the times you've said, "try going bald at twenty years old, you damn full head", or whatever you say... can I reply with, "try not being 6'2", having a good metabolism, perfect facial features and a perfectly shaped head"... I mean, isn't all this sh*t just relative?? I am 5'8" and I think I have a weird head shape. I have to work my *** off to stay under 190 lbs. I mean eat 1200 cals a day and run 5 miles and lift weights work my *** off.. How about this, I trade being a 33 year old, 5'8", slightly chubby gradually balding dude for a 20 year old fred the Belgian. :baaa:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know why I just wrote that. Sorry Fred. :kaputt:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are only about 10 regulars on this subforum, including you. 3 is a lot.

Words to that affect were imo, I know if I quote them you'll just nitpick.

You said yourself you had a mental breakdown. I didn't talk it up or down, just used your own word: "breakdown".

Again, if I pull up a quote where that's implied you'll nitpick. I don't care enough to argue with you anymore. I don't need you to back down. It's enough for me to know that you are going bald. I've been through it myself and it's horrible and it's all ahead of you. Enjoy.

This is what I'm talking about when I say you deserve to go bald. You spend hours on this forum every single day abusing people. If you want to use up that aggression take up boxing or something.

You don't care enough to argue yet write such a meagre response? You're so self-righteous in your quest to insult me, pretending it's for the good of the forum, and your real problem with me- You no longer have free reign to just run around writing any insane bull**** you want to try and depress people into your own frame of mind. You can't just write "everyone on this forum is bald" or "NW2 or NW6 is all the same" any more, both things you slowly have since backed away from, now you're being called out on this kind of ****, mainly by me and sometimes a few others.

This pisses you off, now you can't spread your legacy of trying to make everyone here as depressed as you are. You even pretended to care about Fred and not debate with him any more because you recognise he's happier now, BUT you also had to mention he's no longer "the old Fred" or whatever, why the **** would you mention that? Because you knew it was taunting, and you knew it would make him feel like he's being falsely positive. If you were a real good ol' pal you just wouldn't have said anything about how he changed, but really you mentioned it because you wanted him to go back to being as depressed as you are.

The only credit I could possibly give you is that you innocently don't know you're doing these things, but I'd say unlikely. Your motives on here are really transparent.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats pretty extreme thing to say tho cocohot. and i'm already bald so you can't pull that on me lol. theres better ways to deal with misery from baldness

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only credit I could possibly give you is that you innocently don't know you're doing these things, but I'd say unlikely.

Actually I'm going to go with this, I am sure you don't do it on purpose.

We should just call a truce on all this between us as it's gone way too far, and I'll admit I started it and I apologise for that. In our first exchanges I quickly got frustrated and called your arguments stupid, so obviously you fired back a bit, and it went from there. But I, probably like you, am pretty sick of the back and forth dissecting of each other, the pointless ad hominems that do nothing to better to understand each other, so if I disagree with you in future, which I'm sure I probably will, I'll do it with respect and curiosity. I'm not saying we need to be lovey-dovey if we completely disagree with each other, I might be blunt in my curiosity as to where you're coming from, and I expect the same back, but as far as swearing at you, telling you to shut up, etc. I promise I won't bother with that any more, even if you don't accept this as an apology, fine.

Just a few things I want you to understand about me, I don't enjoy arguing, or "stalking", in fact sometimes when the same forum member I've been feuding with writes a post I strongly disagree with, I actually think "****, why couldn't someone else have written that? not this again" but I can't help but reply, and if I have a bad past with that person I'll carry it on- but I really do not hunt for it. It's something I need to examine, because it does only happen on forums. And also, if I did taunt your baldness, I'll apologise for that, but I assure you I'd never try to do that. What I was taunting about, and maybe this is where you got the idea, is how I think you hate people growing hair, so when I was writing about trying a Flock of Seagulls haircut, I wasn't taunting your baldness, just your hatred of people growing hair (and being ironic as there's no way my thin fringe/middle area could do that haircut).

I don't blame you for not believing either of these things, and if you don't, well, unlike what I have been doing, I'm not going to write 4 essays on trying to convince you otherwise.

But in truth and reality, I do perceive the things you write as convincing others to be depressed, but as I just wrote above, I don't think you realise how much that comes across, and you probably aren't doing it on purpose. I'm not going to pick them out now, but if I see it around here, I'll let you know in a much more restrained way.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
We should just call a truce on all this between us as it's gone way too far

Please do. Half the threads in the Impact section seem to be walls of text between you and cocohot. Maybe set up a private chatroom for just the two of you to argue in?