Great video every guy who's losing their hair should watch

jd_uk

Reaction score
I said, "Well, then I guess you don't care that much about being bald." And he can't grow a beard, but I'm hoping that will change, since I've read that some guys here weren't able to grow beards till they were older.

Isn't that a bit insensitive? I mean, for one, rogaine is a lifelong commitment which doesn't work that well for most people and two yeah it is time consuming. The main negative effect of balding can be on the self esteem and nothing is going to keep reminding you of hair loss like having to apply rogaine to your head every day and night, forever..

Also good on him for not giving his money to a company that puts out such offensive advertising.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't that a bit insensitive? I mean, for one, rogaine is a lifelong commitment which doesn't work that well for most people and two yeah it is time consuming. The main negative effect of balding can be on the self esteem and nothing is going to keep reminding you of hair loss like having to apply rogaine to your head every day and night, forever..

Also good on him for not giving his money to a company that puts out such offensive advertising.

No, I don't think it's insensitive. Some people do have different degrees of success with Rogaine, and he will never know if he'd benefit from it unless he tries. I use it, and I don't find it a hassle. He's only 20, and if he can miraculously make it to 30 with just a little less hair than what he has now, finasteride and Rogaine would be worth every dime and small inconvenience. Again, finasteride was his decision, and I do occasionally email him some threads here regarding sides so he can continue to weigh his decision on whether or not to continue with it. In fact, I'll be sending him yours and my friend Wolf Pack's debate.

jd_uk

Reaction score
No, I don't think it's insensitive. Some people do have different degrees of success with Rogaine, and he will never know if he'd benefit from it unless he tries. I use it, and I don't find it a hassle. He's only 20, and if he can miraculously make it to 30 with just a little less hair than what he has now, finasteride and Rogaine would be worth every dime and small inconvenience. Again, finasteride was his decision, and I do occasionally email him some threads here regarding sides so he can continue to weigh his decision on whether or not to continue with it. In fact, I'll be sending him yours and my friend Wolf Pack's debate.

I believe that rogaine probably works better in women. That is what a couple of hair transplant doctors told me in the past. My cousin used to use it and he is now quite bald. Stupidly i tried it at my temples when i was younger and i believe it may have actually increased the hair loss there...don't ask me how but as soon as i used it my hair shed there and just never came back.

Don't let my comments put him off finasteride but i do think it is something which should be considered. It annoys me sometimes when i hear older guys tell the young ones 'just hop on finasteride' without adding any balance.

Since those original FDA trials there has been a lot of controversy regarding finasteride and relabelling. It can cause fertility issues and it can cause persistent sexual effects. That's now the official line. Fact...regardess of what people on here like to believe. The decusion to take it really needs to be carefully considered i think.

Sort of off topic but do you really think your son should fight his hair loss? Could he buzz it short and learn to accept it? The reason i ask is that say he meets a girl who finds him attractive with hair, but then later on he inevitably loses it...isn't it better that he finds a girl who's attracted to him as nature intended him to be? It's my reason 999 for not taking finasteride .... why would i want to get a girl who likes me with hair and live in the fear that she will be turned off when i lose it. I'd rather meet the girl who finds a bald guy sexy and be at ease!

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have suggested that my son buzz his hair short so that as his hair loss progresses, it may not be as noticeable, but he doesn't want to do that. God, when I think of how thick and wavy his hair used to be, I'm really sad for him. I've also thought that it'd be better for him to meet someone bald so that he'd know she's attracted to him without hair, thus chancing she'd no longer find him desirable without hair. But if it's true love, then it wouldn't matter to her, would it? Men also take chances with women who could get fat after marriage or having children (the latter being a poor excuse). My husband has told me about guys who don't want to sleep with their wives anymore because they're really overweight. But love knows no bounds, right? I wish young girls could feel like us older women about bald guys: Who cares one way or the other.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
What's your sons age and Norwood level, Joan? Is he on any kind of hair loss treatment?

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Have I mentioned my son's hair loss to him? He brought it up a little over two years ago and has been on finasteride (his decision) since then, which, unfortunately, isn't helping. I've mentioned adding Rogaine ad nauseam, to no avail. He's away at college and said he doesn't have time for that. I said, "Well, then I guess you don't care that much about being bald." And he can't grow a beard, but I'm hoping that will change, since I've read that some guys here weren't able to grow beards till they were older.

Not helping AT ALL? Not even to slow it down? That is pretty f*cked up. Adding rogaine might help (he could be a super responder). If not, I am afraid the only thing that realistically would be of any benefit to his hair is dutasteride.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I have suggested that my son buzz his hair short so that as his hair loss progresses, it may not be as noticeable, but he doesn't want to do that. God, when I think of how thick and wavy his hair used to be, I'm really sad for him. I've also thought that it'd be better for him to meet someone bald so that he'd know she's attracted to him without hair, thus chancing she'd no longer find him desirable without hair. But if it's true love, then it wouldn't matter to her, would it? Men also take chances with women who could get fat after marriage or having children (the latter being a poor excuse). My husband has told me about guys who don't want to sleep with their wives anymore because they're really overweight. But love knows no bounds, right? I wish young girls could feel like us older women about bald guys: Who cares one way or the other.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by leaving it up to him. No, it's true to say that love can conquer all etc but we men can be pretty egotistical. I wish it were't that way so much but i need to know that my other half finds me physically attractive regardless of any romantic feelings. Like i say, that's why i have a short buzzcut right now. It's not always easy and i would like to have the hair I did in my early 20's (32 now) but it's my choice because i want any girl i meet to like me for how i will look in 5 or 10 years time. I'll still look different but the change from buzzed to bald won't be quite so dramatic.

Hair loss can be psychologically difficult like that as you probably know. Peace of mind is all about living in the present but hair loss makes you think of the future because of its progressive nature. Anyway, my way of dealing with it is to 'cut to the chase' and keep it very short. In time your son will probably end up doing similar. Good that you're understanding about it though...years ago some of my family reacted quite negatively to me buzzing my hair short and it affected my confidence for sure.

shookwun

Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing the right thing by leaving it up to him. No, it's true to say that love can conquer all etc but we men can be pretty egotistical. I wish it were't that way so much but i need to know that my other half finds me physically attractive regardless of any romantic feelings. Like i say, that's why i have a short buzzcut right now. It's not always easy and i would like to have the hair I did in my early 20's (32 now) but it'a my choice because i want any girl i meet to know how and like me for how i will look in 5 or 10 years time. Hair loss can be psychologically difficult like that as you probably know. Peace of mind is all about living in the present but hair loss makes you think of the future because of its progressive nature. Anyway, my way of dealing with it is to 'cut to the chase' and keep it very short. In time your soh will probably end up doing similar. Good that you're understanding about it though...years ago some of my family reacted quite negatively to me buzzing my hair short and it affected my confidence for sure.

this is particularly why i say steer away from the comb over at all costs. Creates more problems then it does a solution. Start to live behind it rather then living your life. (decisions wise)

Buzz. high and tight and let those temple breathe. No tricks, own the look. if they don't accept you for your display then they never were worth it to begin with.

Looking back many times I was in the position where I wouldn't escalate and move forward with a girl showing interest in me because of my comb over. I came to believe, and adopted the mind set that she won't like me for who I am. My make shift hair line consumed me and my decisions almost always became a reflection of that. many men slowly to start to be come consumed by their cover up the more it escalate, and it will create a very poisonous mind set in the long run. comb over is a crutch

jd_uk

Reaction score
this is particularly why i say steer away from the comb over at all costs. Creates more problems then it does a solution. Start to live behind it rather then living your life. (decisions wise)

Buzz. high and tight and let those temple breathe. No tricks, own the look. if they don't accept you for your display then they never were worth it to begin with.

Looking back many times I was in the position where I wouldn't escalate and move forward with a girl showing interest in me because of my comb over. I came to believe, and adopted the mind set that she won't like me for who I am. My make shift hair line consumed me and my decisions almost always became a reflection of that. many men slowly to start to be come consumed by their cover up the more it escalate, and it will create a very poisonous mind set in the long run. comb over is a crutch

Good post.

Part of my issues were that i hated how my thinned temples looked in the mornings when i woke up. Probably partly a bit of BDD but also it just looked messy - thick in the middle and thin/straggly at the temples. If i'd slept on my side then to me it would look terrible when i woke up. That alone was enough to give me big anxiety about having women stay over. I hated the idea of them seeing me look so 'scruffy' in the morning. So buzzing my hair short helps here. I'm not hiding anything anymore - yeah i overall probably look less attractive than when i had hair but now i'm not hiding anything and when i wake up i look the same as i did when i went to bed. If i want to have sex in the morning with a girl then I don't have to be worrying about fixing my hair in the mirror first. Bald may not be the best look in the world for a lot of people, but it is clean and tidy.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your sons age and Norwood level, Joan? Is he on any kind of hair loss treatment?

He's 20. I'd say he's close to a NW3 with diffuse thinning. He's been on finasteride for a little over two years, but he did go off it for a while. I don't know for how long; he told me after the fact. He's been on it for most of the time. Over the Christmas break, he said his crown was thinning. I looked at it quickly, since I didn't think he'd want me finger-combing through his hair, and I didn't notice any scalp showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Not helping AT ALL? Not even to slow it down? That is pretty f*cked up. Adding rogaine might help (he could be a super responder). If not, I am afraid the only thing that realistically would be of any benefit to his hair is dutasteride.

Who knows? Maybe it is slowing it down, albeit very little. He doesn't want to try dutasteride. Unfortunately, hair loss runs on both sides of the family. My husband, on the other hand, did not start to lose his hair till his mid-50s. Baldness is so random.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you're doing the right thing by leaving it up to him. No, it's true to say that love can conquer all etc but we men can be pretty egotistical. I wish it were't that way so much but i need to know that my other half finds me physically attractive regardless of any romantic feelings. Like i say, that's why i have a short buzzcut right now. It's not always easy and i would like to have the hair I did in my early 20's (32 now) but it's my choice because i want any girl i meet to like me for how i will look in 5 or 10 years time. I'll still look different but the change from buzzed to bald won't be quite so dramatic.

Hair loss can be psychologically difficult like that as you probably know. Peace of mind is all about living in the present but hair loss makes you think of the future because of its progressive nature. Anyway, my way of dealing with it is to 'cut to the chase' and keep it very short. In time your son will probably end up doing similar. Good that you're understanding about it though...years ago some of my family reacted quite negatively to me buzzing my hair short and it affected my confidence for sure.

Baldness isn't the only hit our looks can take, though. Physical disabilities and mental impairment are also misfortunes that can happen. I often think of young wounded soldiers who will never, ever be or look the same again. Now that's a real test of love, isn't it? People should think long and hard before committing to someone if they truly love that person enough to endure a possible lifetime of being his/her caretaker. The answer should be easy, but sometimes you will not know unless it happens.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Look how angry you both are. It is pathetic. You are going bald. You will be a bald NW5. Combovers won't help as your baldness progresses, women can see through them because they are experts at styling hair to make it look thicker. Hair transplants will only give you enough hair for a bad combover.

I am truly sorry but that is the truth. Accept it and stop embarassing yourself with these huge posts. The truth is the truth and bald is bald, and the truth is you are going bald.

This guy gets it. It just doesn't work.

How can you argue when you're factually incorrect?

85% of men experience significant thinning eventually. Bald is not bald. When and how aggressive is the real issue. Saying balding is all equal is literally moronic.

I'm truly sorry that you're bald, but many of us here still have lots of hair and are using proven means to preserve it. Will we eventually go bald? Probably to some degree. 85% do.

I'm pretty sure being nw2 at 30 with finasteride dutasteride min and fue I will never be a nw5. I'm sorry you missed the boat on treatment, and I'm sorry you don't realize not everyone even goes passed a nw3. Your one size fits all approach to life shows how ignorant you are.

Did the ball ache scare you away for 20 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Good post.

Part of my issues were that i hated how my thinned temples looked in the mornings when i woke up. Probably partly a bit of BDD but also it just looked messy - thick in the middle and thin/straggly at the temples. If i'd slept on my side then to me it would look terrible when i woke up. That alone was enough to give me big anxiety about having women stay over. I hated the idea of them seeing me look so 'scruffy' in the morning. So buzzing my hair short helps here. I'm not hiding anything anymore - yeah i overall probably look less attractive than when i had hair but now i'm not hiding anything and when i wake up i look the same as i did when i went to bed. If i want to have sex in the morning with a girl then I don't have to be worrying about fixing my hair in the mirror first. Bald may not be the best look in the world for a lot of people, but it is clean and tidy.

Because women don't worry about the first time waking up with messy hair and no makeup on. Right? Oh wait...

We all age and lose attractiveness... I swear half this forum has BDD. I doubt many of you are married.

shookwun

Reaction score
Finasteride doesn't have a time frame, and from my understanding will always continue to work. it doesn't have a law of diminishing returns.

Unless you overload your body with DHT from exogenous drug, it's going to continue providing the same results. However, baldness is progressive and 30% of localized DHT is still be converting. it will inevitably progress, but at a very slow pace.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride doesn't have a time frame, and from my understanding will always continue to work. it doesn't have a law of diminishing returns.

Unless you overload your body with DHT from exogenous drug, it's going to continue providing the same results. However, baldness is progressive and 30% of localized DHT is still be converting. it will inevitably progress, but at a very slow pace.

Exactly, not to mention dutasteride, ru and min. Plus fue. So yeah if I'm a nw2 at 30 I'll be a nw5 at what with all those? 50?

works for me.

shookwun

Reaction score
Why do you want to see this guy bald so bad. does it bug you that he's 32 with minimal loss, and it combating it with medication.

I dont understand. :roll:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol I'm imagining your face when the inevitable happens and your hair starts thinning again. Remember, you have aggressive male pattern baldness that can only be slowed down, not stopped. FUE is minimally effective and can only give you enough hair for a bad combover.

I know you admit it and all but still, wow you are one sick dude. I think it's pretty messed up to want baldness on anyone, as we have a "feud" of sorts it at least makes sense you want me to be bald, but literally all this rhinestone guy did was say how his baldness isn't that aggressive, and you're so jealous and transparent about it that it's so childish and hilarious.

You know rightly that a 32 year old NW2 isn't bald, as insane as you are I really doubt even you have convinced yourself otherwise, I don't understand how you can carry on with this argument without feeling any shame or completely ridiculous. But what does his balding have to do with your happiness? It won't make your problems go away.

People with hair exist, you even admitted it:

If you are under 25 and are nw2 you are "bald" by the standards of your peers, over that nw3 is bald in the eyes of society.

This guy is years past that, in your own words he isn't classed as bald at all, so what are you talking about?

jd_uk

Reaction score
How can you argue when you're factually incorrect?

85% of men experience significant thinning eventually. Bald is not bald. When and how aggressive is the real issue. Saying balding is all equal is literally moronic.

I'm truly sorry that you're bald, but many of us here still have lots of hair and are using proven means to preserve it. Will we eventually go bald? Probably to some degree. 85% do.

I'm pretty sure being nw2 at 30 with finasteride dutasteride min and fue I will never be a nw5. I'm sorry you missed the boat on treatment, and I'm sorry you don't realize not everyone even goes passed a nw3. Your one size fits all approach to life shows how ignorant you are.

Did the ball ache scare you away for 20 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Because women don't worry about the first time waking up with messy hair and no makeup on. Right? Oh wait...

We all age and lose attractiveness... I swear half this forum has BDD. I doubt many of you are married.

You're right...i know i definitely have BDD. I, like a lot of people here I think have this idea of how I should look and how i shouldn't be wuthout 'faults' and it is an unhealthy mindset.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
difference is with baldness it makes more sense. we spent most of our life with hair and most people have it. its not like we are wishing for something extra or unreasonable like girls getting tit surgery.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And on and on and on...

You are going to be bald. It is going to happen. It's not all going to be ok. Keep posting, it won't change reality.

You write "and on and on" and then repeat yourself for literally the 4th time.

But thanks man, I was actually having one of those days where I was feeling like I'm already bald, and your post reminded me that I'm not, in fact you are correct it might not even happen for many years! Thanks bro, I think I'll go style out in front of the mirror.

You continue to give hope to me and every other NW2 over 25 who by your own accord isn't actually bald, you're probably the biggest ambassador for promoting positivity for non-NW1's on here. Without your support I'd probably just give up and accept that I'm already bald and let the rest go gracefully, but with your help you remind me to keep on treating and keep on growing.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just makes me laugh to see balding men laughing at a bald man.

Is this supposed to be retarded? Are you creating an infinite hall of laughing bald guys?

Sorry you specified *balding men, not bald. Now that you can be big enough to admit that not every single person is bald, it's a big step. I know that sounds stupidly ****ing simple for everyone except you, I'm still proud.

But for the record, your baldness is not what I'm laughing at, I know you want that to be your excuse for your every shortcoming, but there's a whole lot more wrong here than that, and at this point time I'm giving up at trying to deal with every issue you have and I can't help but resort to humour.

As we often say on this forum "baldness is the least of that guys worries!" and it's so rare that it's true, but here you are. But there's still hope, hey swingline and Fred used to make some rather nutty posts and they probably still hate baldness just as much, and just as much as I do, but regulated it into something more than dramatically repeating rhetoric like "you will be bald." over and over for no reason whatsoever.