Great Success Transgender Hair Regrowth !

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another one. He regrew his hairline after 10 years of balding without minoxidil.

IJk9qf2qvEj5lwmRkE6WgCIw5qtVqAEoHNTHi7J2c1k.png

Damn.. Source?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that really his real hair?

To me that looks like a wig, and he's holding it on with the band.

Does it seem that way to you? There's only one person on this
board that made a full recovery.

But she's in her twenties.

Well you can see the regrowth month to month. She does style it in a way to make it look way better, that being said it's clear she had a huge increase in hair quality and also regrowth.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you can see the regrowth month to month. She does style it in a way to make it look way better, that being said it's clear she had a huge increase in hair quality and also regrowth.

Not saying she didn't. It just seems like that's not her natural hair.

Recedingyt gained a lot. Ruby even gained some regrowth. It just seems she is wearing a wig.

I could be wrong though.

hlt4678

Reaction score
It's not a wig. If she were wearing a wig why would she be wearing a wig that needed a band and some pins to hold everything in place. She would have picked out something better.

ImEmmaB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, so this is me.
Some of you are pretty disrespectful and rude, but it's the internet, so great job keeping forums dingy (thank you to those of you who used the correct pronouns or just focused on actual questions)

So yeah
200mg spironolactone
125mg flutamide
1mg Finasteride
Minoxidil once a day (foam)

No to those thinking it's a wig, if I had a wig it would probably be nicer

My temples are still receded which is why I do the sweepy bits with my hair. It's also at a length where keeping it straight looks silly. The top is a little thinner than the sides in some spots but not to a point where you can see my scalp through it aside from the part

I just stepped out of the shower and am off to bed but I can post some pictures of the top of my head tomorrow if you are actually skeptical of it being a comb over

If you have any questions let me know.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Thanks, Emma! What's your opinion of cis men taking some of these substances? Is there not a way to ameliorate the feminizing aspects while still having regrowth?

ImEmmaB

My Regimen
Reaction score
So obviously you can see here the hair on top is shorter than the rest, definitely not the greatest (I tried to move it all straight forward for that picture) but it does the trick. I have only been on Finasteride and the 200 spironolactone for 6 MO (was 100mg spironolactone for the first 6 and no flutamide) the out of the year so I feel like it will continue improving a bit at least!

The temples also arnt great but, eh, I was resigned to a life of wigs when I started to transition so it was quite a surprise that I got back as much as I did. There are some baby hairs in there so maybe there is some hope, but I'm not holding my breath!

Anyway, yeah, testosterone is bad for some peoples hair, dht is bad. If you can block them and don't mind the side effects, cool! If you are a cis guy you won't want to block all testosterone though, there are plenty of side effects to not having it that I'm not sure you would be okay with. For me most of those side effects were the desired effects! So it was kind of a win win

For cis women I have read a bit about flutamide use in low dosage like the one I am on, but that was more about body hair in overabundance. It definitely wiped out most of my body hair so that was nice!

Honestly I would love to be on dutasteride instead of Finasteride (and maybe even flutamide) but my doctor does not seem to know enough about it to be willing to prescribe it

Oh well, I'll stick with what works for now!
B612_20170302_094657.jpg
B612_20170302_094526.jpg
B612_20170302_094445.jpg
B612_20170302_094615.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Emma, I think if you educate your doctor about dutasteride and show them studies, they might reconsider. Otherwise, you can find another doctor to prescribe it. If I were in your position I would definitely use that instead of finasteride.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey emma, first of all: super cool that you came down here and are even posting pics.

Your regrowth is actually a small sensation. The more thinning i see in the pictures the more i can believe what i see.
Whe have some nice mtf and f here but also some dicks for sure. :D :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing. -edit- Your transition turned out amazing.

ImEmmaB

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ImEmmaB aren't you taking estrogens?
Yeah I figured I would mostly hit on the blockers, I also inject 1ml of 20mg/ml estrogen a week. (for a while there was an injectable shortage so I took 8mg estradiol sublingualy)

I also use a progesterone cream that I cycle for the first 10 days of every month

I actually ran into trouble with each of these, with the 8mg sublingualy, if I took any 2mg tablets at the same time as another it would spike my estrogen too high temporarily and I would loose hair. So having to space them out, when they take about 20 minutes to absorb under the tongue was rough, I lost quite a bit of hair as a result of taking these too close together

I also loose hair during the progesterone cycle, but I have to say thus far the other results have been worth it. I'm still a little shaky on if I will continue with it but for now I'm a big fan

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I figured I would mostly hit on the blockers, I also inject 1ml of 20mg/ml estrogen a week. (for a while there was an injectable shortage so I took 8mg estradiol sublingualy)

I also use a progesterone cream that I cycle for the first 10 days of every month

I actually ran into trouble with each of these, with the 8mg sublingualy, if I took any 2mg tablets at the same time as another it would spike my estrogen too high temporarily and I would loose hair. So having to space them out, when they take about 20 minutes to absorb under the tongue was rough, I lost quite a bit of hair as a result of taking these too close together

I also loose hair during the progesterone cycle, but I have to say thus far the other results have been worth it. I'm still a little shaky on if I will continue with it but for now I'm a big fan

Your transition is fantastic you are really beautiful and you look younger to me then your before pic so i don't know what that other poster is talking about. You look like college age.

Im a (bio/born) woman i have some hair loss but all my tests are normal..I'm 45 but no symptoms of pre menopause yet i am like clock work still......

for women we dont have a lot of options offered (in USA) except oral spironolactone...right now i am using topical spironolactone with estrodial...

but i am just curious why they cant just give women extra estrogen even if hormones are 'normal' range.

Does taking the excess estrogen increase cancer risk for trans? Because that is the only negative I can find with women is the elevated risk of breast cancer in women.

The reason i am thinking estrogen is because my hair loss where it is the worst is the front middle part line vs all over.