Good two month results with complex regimen (pics)

first

Established Member
Reaction score
fightDHT said:
hi...really admire your study behind this....i am ion finasteride and it has at least controlled my hair fall....but i also want to bring back new hair in the sleeping follicles...i am more inclined towards internals and not the topicals...after reading your post it definitely makes sense to me to take a multivitamin and a omega3 daily....i am not sure about MSM and L-Arginine lysine etc as i never hrd of them before...can you tell me from where shud i get the multivitamin and omega-3...is the normal green pills from walmart good enough...(brand "Nature made" Fish oil or something..)...where do you get them from??
The multivitamin I take is called "Only one" from Star Nutrition, an even better choice would be mivitotal plus otherwise just try to find the most complete one. In terms of fish oil, just make sure it has enough actual omega 3 (EPA and DHA) in it, a problem with the cheaper ones is that they are very often rancid (which almost nullifies its efficiency). After you bought it you can check, just take a bite on the tablet and see how it tasts. It shouldn't taste too bad, like fish without a rotten taste. If it does taste rotten you should consider some other brand. For the record I take omega-3 regular from star nutrition.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
your local supermarket will sell Omega 3. I buy mine from a well known British supermarket, the brand is seven seas (has the queens seal of quality approval, so if its good enough for her lot its good enough for me)

i also buy zinc supplements only a couple of quid (pounds) for 90 tables, interestingly enough it contains SILCA which ive read is very good for hair.

Ive heard lots of people on this forum rave about MSM. but ive still yet to find what it is?

is it a combined vitamin or mineral tablet? what does MSM stand for? Where is the science that says its beneficial for hair?
MSM is just (organic) sulphur, a very important building block for nails and hair, a study can be seen here http://www.hairloss-research.org/february3.html of its influence on hair. The main reason I take it is to speed up the results and to give weaker vellus hair a better chance of becoming terminal.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
dresden said:
Thanks! i might now buy some of that stuff.. just one more question please:

first said:
Glycyrrhiza glabra extract - two to three ml of the extract in a 60ml solution that lasts for around 20 days.

Green tea extract, once per day - Same as above.

Caffeine, every day - Around 0.15ml in the 60ml solution.

What do you mean by 2-3ml of extract? isnt it solid instead of liquid before you mix it in the minoxidil solution? dont you mean 2-3 grams? i can buy pills that contain each 500mg of extract so 6 pills would make 3 grams.
No, I mean ml. As I do not have a paper scale, I have no way of knowing how much a gram of it would be. Hence I take out a fixed ml of the very fine the powder instead.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
dotsona said:
Anyhow, I just had 2 questions, I am pretty much in the same boat as you when you were 19, I have a full head of hair, but I can tell that I am definitely losing it quickly. I was wondering what you think I should do exactly? I thought about using rogaine, but I suppose that wouldn't make much sense because I have no real visible bald spots, thus a topical treatment wouldn't be as effective. So I thought that Propecia would be the way to go since it can maintain my hair. I was also wondering what you thought about Propecia? Do you think it is vital in your case for growing your hair back? Or at the very least maintaining.

Your hair looks great by the way,
Thanks alot ~Andrew
Propecia definitely helps. Even though I have quite a few things that decreases DHT, propecia does it very efficiently and for the entire body so as long as you are fully grown otherwise I would recommend keeping the propecia up. Even though some people on these forums claims it, propecia cannot have a negative effect on your hair, the results will only be beneficial to neutral.

If I was in your shoes, I will also start nizoral (every third day), especially if your hair is oily. It doesn't change much in terms of time, as it is just a shampoo, nor is it especially expensive. But it does wonders for your scalp condition and possible inflammations causing hair loss. I would also consider the things that add an overall benefit, such as omega 3 or l-arginine. If you still keep losing hair, try adding topical caffeine a couple of times per week (it stays in effect even after eight days) to really keep the DHT levels down. Caffeine will dry up swiftly so doing it a couple of times per week will take minimal time. If you still lose hair after that, you will need to add minoxidil (and possibly everything else), but that will take a lot more time and cost a lot more money.

But for now, I'd stick to finasteride and nizoral.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
first, firstly (no pun intended) that progress you posted with pictures is truly amazing you have beat hairloss congratulations my friend.

I would like to ask you what you think about my current situation I am currently 19 years old and I have noticed hair thinning around my crown I have pictures of my hair in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45710

I have been doing research and I am aware of the side effects basically I have ordered 3 months supply of generic propecia from UP and I was thinking of cutting my tablets just like you, to reduce the amount of side effects I experience.

Having looked at those pictures do you think it is an alright idea for me to begin treatment with propecia with a single aim to keep my current head of hair for as long as possible? I am thinking about cutting the tablets in the smallest possible size since you say and backup that even the smallest doses of propecia are enough to prevent DHT in the scalp...

Also, you mention gyno, how bad was your gyno? What are you doing to prevent Gyno? If Gyno was to develop on me would it go away after some months or does the tissue stay there for good?

Thank you!

first

Established Member
Reaction score
A heads up, after reading a new study I've decided to remove glycyrrhiza glabra as it could potentionally have a negative effect. I'll have to look into adding some other anti-fibrosis. I am also using finasteride topically, which I forgot to write out earlier.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Jake_89 said:
first, firstly (no pun intended) that progress you posted with pictures is truly amazing you have beat hairloss congratulations my friend.

I would like to ask you what you think about my current situation I am currently 19 years old and I have noticed hair thinning around my crown I have pictures of my hair in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45710

I have been doing research and I am aware of the side effects basically I have ordered 3 months supply of generic propecia from UP and I was thinking of cutting my tablets just like you, to reduce the amount of side effects I experience.

Having looked at those pictures do you think it is an alright idea for me to begin treatment with propecia with a single aim to keep my current head of hair for as long as possible? I am thinking about cutting the tablets in the smallest possible size since you say and backup that even the smallest doses of propecia are enough to prevent DHT in the scalp...

Also, you mention gyno, how bad was your gyno? What are you doing to prevent Gyno? If Gyno was to develop on me would it go away after some months or does the tissue stay there for good?

Thank you!
Thank you!

Well done on catching your hair loss so early. Some may argue that it isn't male pattern baldness but it definitely is, you can easily tell by the weak and oily looking hair.

I'll give the exact same advise I gave the fellow asking just before you. Firstly, I'd start with a very low dose of finasteride. If I was in your shoes, I will also start nizoral (every third day), especially as your hair is so oily. It doesn't change much in terms of time, as it is just a shampoo, nor is it especially expensive. But it does wonders for your scalp condition and possible inflammations causing hair loss. I would also consider the things that add an overall benefit, such as omega 3 or l-arginine. If you still keep losing hair, try adding topical caffeine a couple of times per week (it stays in effect even after eight days) to really keep the DHT levels down. Caffeine will dry up swiftly so doing it a couple of times per week will take minimal time. If you still lose hair after that, you will need to add minoxidil (and possibly everything else), but that will take a lot more time and cost a lot more money.

Yes, I take tamoxifen to counter gyno. If you do get it gyno, it is also very potent in decreasing existing gyno. For the most part, it will be able to remove all gyno which has developed for the previous year, so there isn't much need to worry about it. You could also consider raloxifene, as it is even more potent. If you just take a very low dose of finasteride and use nizoral, the chances of you getting gyno are however very slim.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
first said:
Jake_89 said:

Thank you!
Thank you!

Well done on catching your hair loss so early. Some may argue that it isn't male pattern baldness but it definitely is, you can easily tell by the weak and oily looking hair.

I'll give the exact same advise I gave the fellow asking just before you. Firstly, I'd start with a very low dose of finasteride. If I was in your shoes, I will also start nizoral (every third day), especially as your hair is so oily. It doesn't change much in terms of time, as it is just a shampoo, nor is it especially expensive. But it does wonders for your scalp condition and possible inflammations causing hair loss. I would also consider the things that add an overall benefit, such as omega 3 or l-arginine. If you still keep losing hair, try adding topical caffeine a couple of times per week (it stays in effect even after eight days) to really keep the DHT levels down. Caffeine will dry up swiftly so doing it a couple of times per week will take minimal time. If you still lose hair after that, you will need to add minoxidil (and possibly everything else), but that will take a lot more time and cost a lot more money.

Yes, I take tamoxifen to counter gyno. If you do get it gyno, it is also very potent in decreasing existing gyno. For the most part, it will be able to remove all gyno which has developed for the previous year, so there isn't much need to worry about it. You could also consider raloxifene, as it is even more potent. If you just take a very low dose of finasteride and use nizoral, the chances of you getting gyno are however very slim.

Hey again!

Thanks so much for the reply, I went out today shopping and bought Nizoral 1%, Vitamin C, MSM, Multivitamin, Omega3 and Zinc and a pill cutter. I will do as you say.

Also regarding the Tamoxifen - Can you use this long term, for the duration of propecia use to stop Gyno from ever forming or should you only take it in cycles?
Regarding the topical caffiene - I am not sure how to go about creating caffeine do I buy the caffeine pills and crush them in some liquid, please explain :).

But basically, assuming I get little sides I will add the rest of the stack you used in your regime into mine.

Thanks again !

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Jake_89 said:
Also regarding the Tamoxifen - Can you use this long term, for the duration of propecia use to stop Gyno from ever forming or should you only take it in cycles?
Regarding the topical caffiene - I am not sure how to go about creating caffeine do I buy the caffeine pills and crush them in some liquid, please explain :).

But basically, assuming I get little sides I will add the rest of the stack you used in your regime into mine.

Thanks again !
It is pointless to take tamoxifen unless you experience gyno, so if you do experience it, try lowering the dosage, if you still experience gyno you may want to consider switching regime or, depending on its results, consider tamoxifen (or raloxifene). Don't take it to prevent gyno to begin with, as tamoxifen is quite a powerful substance and may have side effects in itself.

Caffeine can be bought as a powder, it should be easily enough to mix a very small dosage of it with ethanol (working as a carrier) and apply topically (but don't do this yet!). The dosage should be extremely low, even as little as a 0.001% concentration has proven effective.

The things you bought are all good, but I would not recommend adding my entire regime unless you actually need to regrow hair. At least stay out of the green tea, tamoxifen, tadalafil and possibly caffeine unless you actually lose hair with just using the rest, as all these have quite a profound effect on your body, you would not want to take them unless you have to.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
first said:
Jake_89 said:

Thanks again !
It is pointless to take tamoxifen unless you experience gyno, so if you do experience it, try lowering the dosage, if you still experience gyno you may want to consider switching regime or, depending on its results, consider tamoxifen (or raloxifene). Don't take it to prevent gyno to begin with, as tamoxifen is quite a powerful substance and may have side effects in itself.

Caffeine can be bought as a powder, it should be easily enough to mix a very small dosage of it with ethanol (working as a carrier) and apply topically (but don't do this yet!). The dosage should be extremely low, even as little as a 0.001% concentration has proven effective.

The things you bought are all good, but I would not recommend adding my entire regime unless you actually need to regrow hair. At least stay out of the green tea, tamoxifen, tadalafil and possibly caffeine unless you actually lose hair with just using the rest, as all these have quite a profound effect on your body, you would not want to take them unless you have to.

Understood, I will stick with first, nizoral and finasteride at low dosage hopefuly hair will stop falling out.

Thanks again mate. Really glad you stuck around to answer mine and other peoples questions :cool:

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude that's some amazing results,congrats man and I hope it keeps going well for you.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had my yearly physical, my Doctor, who is an anti-aging board memeber, looked at my regimen and applauded that I was on MSM w/ extra vitamin C (as you suggested as well first) even though he was not happy about propecia (which I am done, I got off 2 days ago, my body actually feels like its trying to adjust, it's weird). Anyways, he said I should try Emer'gen-C Lite with MSM. Its got alot of B, and few small amounts of other stuff, 1000 mg of vitamin C, 340mg of Sulfur (from MSM), and 1000mg of MSM, also has 1mg of Alpha-Lipoic Acid. It's a powder form, its citris like, taste ok, I mixed it in my OJ. I would still take multivitamin and omega's, but if you hate swallowing pills or just want to try something different, this is an option and it gives you good energy boost, no crash. You can get it at almost any vitamin shop I would imagine. Just throwing it out there.

all path

Reaction score
Regarding the topicals,

What solution do you mix the green tea extract with and how much of the extract do you mix?

Do you apply the green tea solution to your head at the same time you apply the minoxidil, or do you have to wait an hour or so?

Also, I was looking at the MSM dose chart and its slightly confusing,
151-180 lb / 68-81 kg 6 capsules a.m. and p.m. (with 1500 mg Vitamin C)

Does this mean I have to take 6 capsules in the morning, and another 6 at night, or 3 in the morning and 3 at night? And damn thats a crap load of Vitamin C haha

Congrats on your hair growth, and enjoy your success!

multividdee

Reaction score
hello!

congratulations on the great results!

I was also wondering about the GREEN TEA topical regimen, and what u use/how you go about the application.

Thanks in advance,
MV

first

Established Member
Reaction score
all path said:
What solution do you mix the green tea extract with and how much of the extract do you mix?

Do you apply the green tea solution to your head at the same time you apply the minoxidil, or do you have to wait an hour or so?

Does this mean I have to take 6 capsules in the morning, and another 6 at night, or 3 in the morning and 3 at night? And damn thats a crap load of Vitamin C haha
About the MSM, that is what the chart says, aye. However, I just take roughly 5g of MSM with 1g of extra Vitamin C in the morning (and my weight it quite a bit higher).

The green tea extract I simply mix in the minoxidil solution (with some extra ethanol) and take it every night. A better choice would likely be to use dexpanthenol (together with ethanol), as it is a more effective carrier. I've written out how much of the extract I use in each bottle in a previous post (I believe I said 2ml per 60ml minoxidil bottle).

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you going to continue to post updated pics? If you had that much success at 2 months in, do you expect to continue regrowing?

Also, how much hair would estimate you have regrown? The pics are somewhat bad quality so its kind of hard to tell. Obviously you have better coverage but in your own personal opinion how much regrowth have you had?

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Are you going to continue to post updated pics? If you had that much success at 2 months in, do you expect to continue regrowing?

Also, how much hair would estimate you have regrown? The pics are somewhat bad quality so its kind of hard to tell. Obviously you have better coverage but in your own personal opinion how much regrowth have you had?
I've had a lot of regrowth, though it is impossible to count I think the amount is in the thousands (vellus and terminal hair).

There is a reason I decided to publish the two month results, as after the two month mark I was forced to start some medication which has hair loss as a major side effect. So since then, my hair has not improved. The weaker areas (such as the lower parts of the temples) have lost hair, while the stronger areas (the top) have still gained or remained neutral. Hopefully, once I stop the medication, I will see gains again. Overall, my hair looks fairly equal to the month two mark, so I am happy I've not lost more ground. Though even at this stage I am fairly happy about my hair, if I style it enough the hair loss isn't very obvious.

As soon as I stop the medication and start seeing results again, I will continue to keep you updated in terms of pictures.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
first said:
all path said:

About the MSM, that is what the chart says, aye. However, I just take roughly 5g of MSM with 1g of extra Vitamin C in the morning (and my weight it quite a bit higher).

The green tea extract I simply mix in the minoxidil solution (with some extra ethanol) and take it every night. A better choice would likely be to use dexpanthenol (together with ethanol), as it is a more effective carrier. I've written out how much of the extract I use in each bottle in a previous post (I believe I said 2ml per 60ml minoxidil bottle).

Hi First….

I must thank you for probably the most detailed account of your regimen that you have shared with the world. You have put a lot of time and effort into providing readers with an exact account of all that is nessersery to perfom a similar pattern. You could of written a five minute message of your regimen and than bravarded over the pics. It is a very caring and sharing healthy attitude and you should be gratified considerably from all board readers for taking the time…. Well done..

MSM…

I read that this is one of the main contributing factors to your success. So yesterday when I had my appointment with my hair specialist I asked him about MSM and its purpose. He didn’t know of it at all…. I told him it was some kind of vitamin supplement and that I had read in forums of people having success in using it with finasteride, minoxidil ect… He said that from his knowledge that only additional thing that would have any purpose to use for hair regrowth is Silica. And suggested I try my local health store for some…. So off I went to Holland & Barrett (uk biggest health chain).

I walked in, the assistants are superb, they know ever vitamin and mineral inside out, ask them a question they will tell you what a product will do for you. So I said “Do you sell MSM?†there answer was yes and they showed me the isle where it was, they said it is a great anti-inflammatory and is taken to help people who suffer with very slight arthritis… I have a Cap on my head BTW so they have no idea I have any male pattern baldness. Then I asked them about Silica… they showed me where that was and told me it’s a superb mineral that is great for hair, it strengthens follicle shaft size and make hair a lot more stronger and less brittle, they said a lot of guys tend to buy it who are starting to recede…. I asked then asked them if anybody comes into the shop to buy MSM for the same purpose, they said not that they know and that they cant see any relation as to why MSM would benefit hair…. Anyway, I walked out of the shop with 120 silica tables and 120 MSM capsules too…

I don’t and cant understand why MSM is beneficial to hair, but you and others have stated its importance…

The tub says each capsule contains 750mg of MSM and to take between 1 to 4 capsules per day, which IMO is a bit hazy…

How does this equate to your Dosage?

Im also guessing that because MSM is a anti-inflammatory, there is some theory that using it reduces inflammation in the hair follicles, thus helping hair grow more freely from the shaft? Which makes me wonder if using it topical would be more beneficial than internally where most of it would get used in the body before getting to the scalp perhaps??

Cheers

Chancer…

first

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:

Thank you!

For us to be able to find a proper treatment, we must share what we've learned. While it may seem as if I share a lot, I have definitely taken a lot from these forums as well. It is especially important when it comes to these cheap and natural treatments, as the medical companies cannot patent them, they have little interest in it (actually for them it is better to less people know about them). For example studies such as http://pt.wkhealth.com/pt/re/ijdm/abstr ... 29!8091!-1
which shows that as low of a concentration as 0.001% of caffeine led to "significant stimulation of hair follicle growth" and counteracted the testosterone. No one is going to make money of a 0.001% concentration of caffeine, hence it is very unlikely more research will be done about it, nor will it reach most ears. However for us, it is of absolute importance, since it is very easy to get and practically without cost, caffeine also dries up very swiftly.

About the MSM; it's not a vitamin, it is a mineral; basically it is just organic sulphur. It does have some properties that could make it relieve inflammation, it also reduces serum production. It definitely helps with hair growth and hair quality but I find it unlikely that MSM alone would actually cause an entire new hair to grow that would not otherwise be there.

MSM is actually quite popular in different topical solutions and creams, as it has beneficial properties for the skin (the aforementioned serum and inflammation). It is one of the least toxic components there is, roughly as toxic as water and since it is cheap, I apply it topically as well (quite generously). I've added it to all my shampoos and also to all other topical solutions (minoxidil) so all in all I get three topical treatments of MSM per day. I buy raw MSM powder, which makes it quite cheap.

When it comes to silica it is known to be good for hair but I've not researched it further as I've deemed it to expensive for me to use for the rest of my life (cost to benefit ratio).

In terms of your dosage you may want to consider a higher one, there is a chart in one of my previous posts which shows a rough estimate of how much you should take (though it seems a bit excessive to me). Also, remember to add some vitamin c.