Good two month results with complex regimen (pics)

first

Established Member
Reaction score
tiger81 said:
(Part 1)
I’m also thinking about taking lower dosage of proscar using your method. Out of curiosity, I tested if proscar does dissolve better in alcohol compare to just water. And from what I can see, proscar dissolved better in water.
I basically cut one proscar pill(5mg) in half and put one half in a cut of water and the other half in a cut of vadka and stir it. The result was almost the same, but water did better job dissolving proscar.
So does it matter if I dissolve it in water and take it? Or does alcohol help preserve it longer?

(Part 2)
You wrote that you use a 50ml bottle and take 0.75ml per day. Does that mean one bottle(50ml) of the solution will last you 66.6 days? is it necessary to have it bottled that long? Maybe just put in one pill(5mg) and take it for 33.3 days?

And do you just drop the solution in your mouth straight from the dipper or maybe mix it into a cut of water or something and drink it? 0.75ml seems like an insignificant amount to take.

I would appreciated it if you can help with the questions.

Thanx!
Though I have not see any research done on finasteride and dampness specifically, moisture will make almost all medicine go bad much faster than if it was dry. Which is why almost all liquid medicine has alcohol in it. Hence I would not recommend dissolving it in water, and yes, alcohol will preserve it.

In terms of how many days the solution will last, it does not matter. It is just for convenience sake I've set it up like that. As my bottle is 50ml and I want 0.15mg finasteride per day, I add 10mg of proscar to the solution and spread it out so I get the 0.15mg amount each day (10mg/0.15mg/day = 66 days, and 50ml/66 days=0.75ml per day). Doing it with one pill will work just as well, provided that you get the designated amount of finasteride each day.

You're right, I just drop the solution straight into my mouth and drink a glass of water afterwards to ease the taste and to make sure everything was swallowed.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get a pill cutter and easily cut propecia into 4's (.25mg), which is what I'm doing right now, 0 side effects 2 weeks in. I also take multivitamin, MSM, & Omega-3, three things your body needs regardless of hairloss. You state need more vit C to make MSM work properly, can you explain, I'm taking 1500mg a day (750 day & night). Should I be thinking about 500mg C day & night also, or will amount in my multivitamin be enough for morning MSM

first

Established Member
Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
You can get a pill cutter and easily cut propecia into 4's (.25mg), which is what I'm doing right now, 0 side effects 2 weeks in. I also take multivitamin, MSM, & Omega-3, three things your body needs regardless of hairloss. You state need more vit C to make MSM work properly, can you explain, I'm taking 1500mg a day (750 day & night). Should I be thinking about 500mg C day & night also, or will amount in my multivitamin be enough for morning MSM
It basically boils down to the fact that MSM promotes new cell growth and vitamin C is required for new cells to grow.

There are some charts out there which should at least give a basic picture of the proper amounts (even though they look a bit excessive). Such as http://www.kornax.com/Merchant2/MSM_Dosage_Charts.htm

As such, you should consider adding some extra vitamin C.

Personally, I take 5ml of MSM each morning with 1g of vitamin C (plus some in the multi-vitamin).

One a side note, omega 3 is actually good for your hair as well, as it helps with the nitric oxide synthesis.

anibal

Reaction score
good results so you have not experienced any side effect with your regime, im think in doing something similar
thanks

first

Established Member
Reaction score
anibal said:
good results so you have not experienced any side effect with your regime, im think in doing something similar
thanks
As it is now, I do not get any noticable bad side effects, that is correct. However, if I stop the tamoxifen I will get gyno-like side effects from the green tea/caffeine.

One side effect is that my erections are much improved (from all the NO releasers and blood flow enhancers).

ItsTIME

Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of where I can get some of these multivitamins at a reasonable price? Also, Im in the process of ordering finasteride, but I dont know where or what to go for. I've read horror stories about generics and I just dont know whether or not I should go with brand or generic. Like most of you, Im also a student and money could eventually get very tight. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, when you talked about your vitamins (L-Arginine, L-Lysine, and MSM) did you simply buy them all separately, or did you find any combinations of them somewhere? I know nothing about multivitamins, but I've been looking into getting some along with my finasteride. Thanks a lot, and you're results are very inspirational.

makla

Reaction score
This is a question for first.

Can you please tell me how you prepare your topical/s - particularly the caffeine and green tea extract..?

Cheers

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in how you prepare your topicals if you wouldn't mind.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
makla said:
This is a question for first.

Can you please tell me how you prepare your topical/s - particularly the caffeine and green tea extract..?

Cheers
I simply add the extract to a minoxidil bottle. I wish I had some dexpanthenol to work as a carrier but I do not, so I use some extra ethanol.

I do not however mix the glycyrrhiza glabra and the green tea. I apply the tea before I go to bed and the glycyrrhiza glabra in the morning, as the green tea will make my hair look like crap. Glycyrrhiza glabra will give it a hair spray-like look, not perfect but at least you can walk around like that.

The green tea extract powder I use is http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/green-tea.cfm as it is cheap, 1/4 lb of the powder will last for years, and it contains a natural 5% caffeine.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
first, could you please estimate the amount of each component of your regimen that you use? I'm looking at prices but i cant know how much all that stuff costs because i dont know how long they would last. congrats on your success!

ram_in_md

Reaction score
hi first, great results dude...congrats. Can you tell me where you got Glycyrrhiza glabra extract. Do you mix it in Minoxidil? Do you think I can mix it in Tricomin or Ethyl alcohol. What concentration do you use?

first

Established Member
Reaction score
dresden said:
first, could you please estimate the amount of each component of your regimen that you use? I'm looking at prices but i cant know how much all that stuff costs because i dont know how long they would last. congrats on your success!
Aye, I can do a quick estimate.

I take 5ml of MSM per day (I estimate it is equal to 5g). 10ml (6.5g) of l-arginine and l-lysine (the absolute majority is l-arginine but it is combined so I cannot know the breakdown) and a small dose of niacin (150mg).

Tadalafil, 20mg every third day.

R-ALA (alpha-lipoic acid), every day - 300mg

Tamoxifen, every day - 40mg

Vitamin C, every day - 1000mg + some extra in the multivitamin.

Topical

Green tea extract, once per day - Same as above.

Caffeine, every day - Around 0.15ml in the 60ml solution.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
ram_in_md said:
hi first, great results dude...congrats. Can you tell me where you got Glycyrrhiza glabra extract. Do you mix it in Minoxidil? Do you think I can mix it in Tricomin or Ethyl alcohol. What concentration do you use?
I order it from http://www.herbalextractsplus.com (same place as the green tea/caffeine). The concentration was explained a bit further in my previous post.

You're right, I mix it in a minoxidil solution with some extra ethanol. If you have dexpanthenol it would likely work great as a carrier but as it is quite unlikely that you do, alcohol should work fine (it's what I use). However, I've stopped taking the glabra extract now, hence I cannot recommend it to anyone.

r0nmlt

Reaction score
hmmm.. this is what I found relating to the combination of L-LYSINE & L-ARGININE

------------------------------
Formulas containing L-arginine with L-lysine do not work, and are the result of improper formulating.

Dietary disproportions of amino acids are counterproductive and can alter serum levels and flux of specific amino acids across the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB). The Lysine/Arginine antagonism is an example of this alteration. A plethora of definitive clinical studies have proven that L-arginine and L-lysine are antagonistic in humans, IE Johns Hopkins University.

One of the most prominent formulating mistakes related to L-arginine antagonism is the inclusion of Lysine. Though L-lysine is a direct antagonist of L-arginine, it is frequently seen in L-arginine formulas. L-lysine should never be combined with L-arginine, but is often seen in L-arginine products with the purpose of mitigating the herpes reaction. This combining technique is a result of bad science, as it negates the benefits of L-arginine.
-------------------

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey First, wow man those are some pretty impressive results for such a short amount of time. Besides the big 3 what would you say is the most important treatment in your regimen? How important would you say the L-Arginine and the L-Lysin are?

fightDHT

Reaction score
hi...really admire your study behind this....i am ion finasteride and it has at least controlled my hair fall....but i also want to bring back new hair in the sleeping follicles...i am more inclined towards internals and not the topicals...after reading your post it definitely makes sense to me to take a multivitamin and a omega3 daily....i am not sure about MSM and L-Arginine lysine etc as i never hrd of them before...can you tell me from where shud i get the multivitamin and omega-3...is the normal green pills from walmart good enough...(brand "Nature made" Fish oil or something..)...where do you get them from??

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
your local supermarket will sell Omega 3. I buy mine from a well known British supermarket, the brand is seven seas (has the queens seal of quality approval, so if its good enough for her lot its good enough for me)

i also buy zinc supplements only a couple of quid (pounds) for 90 tables, interestingly enough it contains SILCA which ive read is very good for hair.

Ive heard lots of people on this forum rave about MSM. but ive still yet to find what it is?

is it a combined vitamin or mineral tablet? what does MSM stand for? Where is the science that says its beneficial for hair?

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks! i might now buy some of that stuff.. just one more question please:

first said:
Glycyrrhiza glabra extract - two to three ml of the extract in a 60ml solution that lasts for around 20 days.

Green tea extract, once per day - Same as above.

Caffeine, every day - Around 0.15ml in the 60ml solution.

What do you mean by 2-3ml of extract? isnt it solid instead of liquid before you mix it in the minoxidil solution? dont you mean 2-3 grams? i can buy pills that contain each 500mg of extract so 6 pills would make 3 grams.

dotsona

Reaction score
Hey again,

I started taking a lower dosage of Propecia to combat my sexual side effects, and so far it has been great, I think I am pretty much back to normal... but anyway I decided to go with .25mg for my treatment, since it was easier to cut Propecia into 4 pieces.

Anyhow, I just had 2 questions, I am pretty much in the same boat as you when you were 19, I have a full head of hair, but I can tell that I am definitely losing it quickly. I was wondering what you think I should do exactly? I thought about using rogaine, but I suppose that wouldn't make much sense because I have no real visible bald spots, thus a topical treatment wouldn't be as effective. So I thought that Propecia would be the way to go since it can maintain my hair. I was also wondering what you thought about Propecia? Do you think it is vital in your case for growing your hair back? Or at the very least maintaining.

Your hair looks great by the way,
Thanks alot ~Andrew

first

Established Member
Reaction score
cmudave said:
Hey First, wow man those are some pretty impressive results for such a short amount of time. Besides the big 3 what would you say is the most important treatment in your regimen? How important would you say the L-Arginine and the L-Lysin are?
I'd say that the green tea (with caffeine) is the most important after the big three.

What minoxidil does it basically release more NO (which helps hair), l-arginine has the same effect (but on the entire body) hence it very likely helps making your skin a more suitable environment for hair but it is difficult to say exactly how important it is.

L-lysine has a bit different effect but taking with extra iron it has shown to decrease hairloss by 50% (see for example http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/hairloss ).