Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm amazed you are still taking stuff considering your sides. I remember your posts for couple of years back. Your pics now don't seem to show much change from back then though. It's also hard to pinpoint the exact source of your sides since you are taking multiple things that could each lead to sides

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really should be off meds with the sides. The lack of options that don’t destroy your body is unbelievable. I keep fighting to find a balance with enough local action and enough free androgens to make it through the day. I know I’m old and very very luck to have the hair that I’ve had. This all came out of nowhere and was thyroid medication triggered. I regret doing anything.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your side effects are likely coming from finasteride, possibly RU, since the former is your daily systemic hormonal treatment and the latter is the most frequent treatment. I doubt many topicals of any sort will cause much side effects unless they are in high dosages and done frequently. But combinations of these things can be tricky. It should be noted that your side effects do not seem related to minoxidil. Therefore, perhaps you should alter the frequency of some of your treatments. How about trying the finasteride EOD? If you are trying to make gains, I would say that another 5mg dose of oral minoxidil daily would help do the trick, since its half life is only 4 hours. You can always drop back to once a day. You should also strive to needle once a week, with a cessation of all topicals the following day or two to prevent the RU from going systemic.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. That’s the mixing that I’m worried about I know I’ve been frantic but give every tweak 6 months. Bauman said I would know in three if a treatment was working, worried about any oral meds, though topical efficacy is hit or miss. I am looking at needling at least once a week but want to make sure I don’t damage the longer hair that’s in place.

what’s safer Propecia or topcial Dutasteride?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. That’s the mixing that I’m worried about I know I’ve been frantic but give every tweak 6 months. Bauman said I would know in three if a treatment was working, worried about any oral meds, though topical efficacy is hit or miss. I am looking at needling at least once a week but want to make sure I don’t damage the longer hair that’s in place.

what’s safer Propecia or topcial Dutasteride?
Topical dutasteride is most likely safer. For one, you don't need to apply it very frequently. Second, the molar mass is pretty large, meaning it won't absorb very well into the bloodstream. This, however, is obviously a two edged sword since it will decrease the efficacy. Lastly, here is a study on topical dutasteride. Serum T increased by 2-3% and DHT decreased by only 5%. https://smj.journals.ekb.eg/article_42083_24b61cbba4be9982db23c318414034c0.pdf

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any more information on progesterone cream? Read a little about use for mood but can’t find much as a topical for AA?
Progesterone is the natural finasteride of the Body . In the boy , DHT and estrogen go hand to hand, so if they goes up, progesterone ( if all is working right ) is release it and inhibit 5-alpha reductase and aromatase . This is fucked one you use drugs like Finasteride or dutasteride.

Anyway, Progesterone is one of the " lost " hormones . Most doctors things it is a feminizing hormone, and it is actually the opposite . Most doctors don't even check Progesterone in males , big mistake .
You can find different Progesterone Cream on amazon, there is even one that came with saw palmetto and grape seed extract .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical dutasteride is most likely safer. For one, you don't need to apply it very frequently. Second, the molar mass is pretty large, meaning it won't absorb very well into the bloodstream. This, however, is obviously a two edged sword since it will decrease the efficacy. Lastly, here is a study on topical dutasteride. Serum T increased by 2-3% and DHT decreased by only 5%. https://smj.journals.ekb.eg/article_42083_24b61cbba4be9982db23c318414034c0.pdf
"For one, you don't need to apply it very frequently."
This is simple cause it have a very long half life of 5 weeks, so this actually means nothing ( if we are talking about side effects )

"Second, the molar mass is pretty large, meaning it won't absorb very well into the bloodstream"
Again, the same . If is not well absorbe very well in the skin.....
Anyway , is not that big and will be great to see any study. Incredible, there is not a single study done , even when dutasteride was approve for BPH back in 2002 .

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"For one, you don't need to apply it very frequently."
This is simple cause it have a very long half life of 5 weeks, so this actually means nothing ( if we are talking about side effects )

"Second, the molar mass is pretty large, meaning it won't absorb very well into the bloodstream"
Again, the same . If is not well absorbe very well in the skin.....
Anyway , is not that big and will be great to see any study. Incredible, there is not a single study done , even when dutasteride was approve for BPH back in 2002 .
The half life of the topical is going to last about 10 weeks in the scalp, which means that compared to the oral version you will have not only less total in the serum because of less frequent dosages required for the desired effect, but it will clear in the serum twice as fast as in the scalp. This means that it will continue to exert its effects for a longer period of time than the oral version, with less in the serum. It's obviously way less of a risk than the oral version, or even oral finasteride, so what's your point?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The half life of the topical is going to last about 10 weeks in the scalp, which means that compared to the oral version you will have not only less total in the serum because of less frequent dosages required for the desired effect, but it will clear in the serum twice as fast as in the scalp. This means that it will continue to exert its effects for a longer period of time than the oral version, with less in the serum. It's obviously way less of a risk than the oral version, or even oral finasteride, so what's your point?
"The half life of the topical is going to last about 10 weeks in the scalp" From what study you got this ? Yes, of course, less you use, less chances you get side effects . The rule of the 500 daltons, means that any molecule higher than 500, will simple will not work topical . And since there are not a single study done, I am not sure if Dutasteride topical real works or not. It is a lame.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to understand that you have DUPA

Nothing work against that, it is not androgen driven despite what people say.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats kinda false. If DUPA, it still has to do with androgen. Its just that meds work 50% of the time.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s definitely a pattern but it’s thinning so fast despite any meds. I cannot stress how black and dense my baseline was...

Attachments

• 7B747E5D-BB87-478F-9CE2-03B5EBF81115.jpeg
    7B747E5D-BB87-478F-9CE2-03B5EBF81115.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 2787708F-2543-4E72-BEBA-94DA2DE2AA7B.jpeg
    2787708F-2543-4E72-BEBA-94DA2DE2AA7B.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 58D29139-D9ED-4F37-93A2-2F5DC03C8FC1.jpeg
    58D29139-D9ED-4F37-93A2-2F5DC03C8FC1.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 74E63554-CA19-4704-9074-CE4969CCD7EB.jpeg
    74E63554-CA19-4704-9074-CE4969CCD7EB.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 109
  • AC29FFE3-5135-4B24-8752-208943D0B6C5.jpeg
    AC29FFE3-5135-4B24-8752-208943D0B6C5.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 105
  • DB29B43D-B075-4AE6-8F48-9C08E1303B5A.jpeg
    DB29B43D-B075-4AE6-8F48-9C08E1303B5A.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 8AB602CF-78FE-45C0-88C4-B570E9219319.jpeg
    8AB602CF-78FE-45C0-88C4-B570E9219319.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 112

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairs in the NW1 area seem to be super sensitive to androgens and also dependent upon estrogens, so you may need to try something like bi-estro cream, or perhaps just estriol alone to avoid any potential sides since you said you are sensitive.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Shed every where. Sides and back Thinner but no miniaturization unlike the hair and vertex

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Shed every where. Sides and back Thinner but no miniaturization unlike the hair and ve
How long have you been doing topical dutasteride?
4 months. 2x per week, I was also using .5 Propecia daily but had to stop because of sides. Trying to recover but know HCG or testosterone will destroy my hair.

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you constantly shed it could be that you have a chronic Telogen Effluvium.In my case,minoxidil caused it.
I would stay away from RU and topical finasteride.Just add oral finasteride and stay on minoxidil.You are shedding a lot of hair for far too long.I don't think its normal male pattern baldness.
Do you feel some sort of inflammation or discomfort on your scalp(pimples,redness,itch)?