Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason why I said he is NW1 or NW2 is because his left side is still perfect while the other looks like a mature hairline. It could be that he may have never had male pattern baldness in the first place, and most likely suffer Involutional Alopecia. If he doesn't style his hair, you can see his scalp clearly. I noticed during my country's 3-month lockdown, his hair couldn't get long compared to five or 10 years ago.

That's why I suspected bluecyclone may suffering something similar to my dad. I am no expert by any means, just stating my opinion that's all.
hey tde97, i am very sorry if my message came off as aggresive, lots of people interpret it this way but it's just the way i write lol. Yeah, I have seen plenty of non balding men have a slightly receded right side and still have a perfect left side, so your dad's may not even be male pattern baldness. Some people like vincent pastore, ronald reagan do not lose density as they get older, while some other non balding men naturally do.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey tde97, i am very sorry if my message came off as aggresive, lots of people interpret it this way but it's just the way i write lol. Yeah, I have seen plenty of non balding men have a slightly receded right side and still have a perfect left side, so your dad's may not even be male pattern baldness. Some people like vincent pastore, ronald reagan do not lose density as they get older, while some other non balding men naturally do.

Its alrighy man. I too have the tendency of having to explain things if people think i havent said enough lol.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I can't believe you are still posting. You CAN'T have male pattern baldness. You have very smooth and small galea. And good facial features. That's why you kept your hair and hairline up to this age.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have other for of hair loss most likely telogen effluvium.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to kill myself. Just hit the 7 month mark after switching from topical Finasteride to daily Propecia and weekly topical Dutasteride. I’ve been on 7mg oral minoxidil. 2 months on 2x daily RU.

My hairline and diffuse Norwood 7 pattern is worse than ever. A shower results in 1000 hairs. The regrowth is miniaturized and also falling out. Tapered roots on all shed hairs.

thanks to all that gave constructive advice. I am at the end. 30k chasing medicines and doctors I do t want to live like this anymore.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to kill myself. Just hit the 7 month mark after switching from topical Finasteride to daily Propecia and weekly topical Dutasteride. I’ve been on 7mg oral minoxidil. 2 months on 2x daily RU.

My hairline and diffuse Norwood 7 pattern is worse than ever. A shower results in 1000 hairs. The regrowth is miniaturized and also falling out. Tapered roots on all shed hairs.

thanks to all that gave constructive advice. I am at the end. 30k chasing medicines and doctors I do t want to live like this anymore.
Wow man don't say something as serious as that...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

@bluecyclone, "come on, man" at least wait until you get to see Trump get another 4 years. In all seriousness, you are really acting like a spoiled brat. You still have great hair for your age. You have better hair than I ever did when I was your age. You have virtually no gray hair too. I think it's more about the fact that you never reached your goals in life of a wife and a family and the fact that this world has gone bonkers that is really driving you nuts. And oh, and of course the fact that you don't have hair like Ronald Reagan. Focus on something other than your hair.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone, I think it's more about the fact that you never reached your goals in life of a wife and a family and the fact that this world has gone bonkers that is really driving you nuts. And oh, and of course the fact that you don't have hair like Ronald Reagan.
No man, he only cares about his hair. It is those type of people that make the general public think that being depressed and/or committing suicide is due to being weak mentally. He just needs a therapist to help him see things in perspective.

Last edited:

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair will thin no matter what youre doing!

YOU HAVE f*****g DUPA

YOURE A 40 YEARS OLD GROWN MAN

MOVE ON
This is hilarious, when people do this and try to diagnose people. It's been highly studied that DUPA is rare in men, much like how some forms of alopecia areata are for them. Don't scare people into thinking this stuff. The person is in deep despair and this is an uneducated guess.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You need psychological help. I see what you're saying "norwood 7 pattern". It's incorrect. There is no pattern. You are shedding all over. This is not DUPA either. Maybe step back and stop taking everything you're taking and seek counseling? People here can only know so much. Stop diagnosing yourself with things like "possibly retrograde" or "emerging norwood 7". Go to a trichologist. And a psychologist. The community here is doing their best to understand you but you are really getting on their nerves with how irrational you're treating this situation.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need psychological help. I see what you're saying "norwood 7 pattern". It's incorrect. There is no pattern. You are shedding all over. This is not DUPA either. Maybe step back and stop taking everything you're taking and seek counseling? People here can only know so much. Stop diagnosing yourself with things like "possibly retrograde" or "emerging norwood 7". Go to a trichologist. And a psychologist. The community here is doing their best to understand you but you are really getting on their nerves with how irrational you're treating this situation.
Good to see someone else on here actually speaking sense. The amount of self proclaimed ‘hair loss experts’ diagnosing people who are clearly struggling far more with mental health than actual hair loss is rife on this forum.

@bluecyclone has an enviable head of hair and could well be shedding because of the vast amount of treatments he appears to have administered.

I genuinely have not seen any photographs which clearly display an early balding pattern of any sort. What I have seen is ultra close up photos under direct sun light, with wet or semi hair, all highlighting the contrast between dark hair and light scalp - something you will frequently see in men and women, balding and non balding.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to see someone else on here actually speaking sense. The amount of self proclaimed ‘hair loss experts’ diagnosing people who are clearly struggling far more with mental health than actual hair loss is rife on this forum.

@bluecyclone has an enviable head of hair and could well be shedding because of the vast amount of treatments he appears to have administered.

I genuinely have not seen any photographs which clearly display an early balding pattern of any sort. What I have seen is ultra close up photos under direct sun light, with wet or semi hair, all highlighting the contrast between dark hair and light scalp - something you will frequently see in men and women, balding and non balding.

Attachments

• 368F2082-F6C3-49C6-AD39-5444E43406E4.jpeg
    368F2082-F6C3-49C6-AD39-5444E43406E4.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 86

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone
When you take a photograph that close up with camera plus lighting, you will always notices the contrast difference between dark hair and light skin. Especially when hair is combed upwards and back, as the direction of the hair enables light to penetrate between the strands of hair. You will see this same attribute in women and children's hair, it is normal.

Genuinely, your hair looks great and is displaying normal characteristics. I do understand that the shed is freaking you out. In all fairness, I shed a lot of hair too, I'm 41 now and have never used any treatments, so if the shed correlated with balding, I would be showing signs of balding by now. I am Norwood 1.5 to an absolute max of 2. Have been for years. I have a lot of hair and I think people with lots of hair, shed more generally.

Being sincere, if I was you, I'd get off all treatments for now and see how your hair looks in 6 - 9 months. I think the amount of treatments you've administered may have led to a further increase in shedding and change in hair quality.

Worst case scenario, I have never seen a man of 43 with hair like yours, hit a high norwood level. Aggressive balding is typically well on it's way by 30 latest. So if your hair did deteriorate later in life, I'm pretty sure a hair transplant or maybe just some good quality SMP would resolve any density issues.

Feel free to PM bro if you want to discuss, we're a similar age and I'd be more than happy to discuss this in more detail with you if it helps. You seem like a good guy who is struggling with this and I think it is important that you get some peace of mind so you can relax.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even with the terrible shedding, have you noticed how you've never actually receded? And the thinning doesn't even constitute a NW2. You must find more professional opinions on this.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just eroding in the full NW7 area, I have noticed more thinning at the temples. Forelock is my main concern as I’d be happy to recent with density than live through this constant shed. I am on a protocol that should HALT any AA...

topical Dutasteride
Propecia
RU 2x day
Oral Minoxidil

and I just started adding Zinc-Thylium with GKU to my hairline daily.

the sheds are like pulling out fill hairs my hands are wrapped in hair if I just rinse I can watch hundreds fall onto the shower floor. The hairs are thin and curly 3 years again they were thick and black. I’ve been to a bunch of ‘top’ hairloss doctors and see Baumen on Wednesday.

Selb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just eroding in the full NW7 area, I have noticed more thinning at the temples. Forelock is my main concern as I’d be happy to recent with density than live through this constant shed. I am on a protocol that should HALT any AA...

topical Dutasteride
Propecia
RU 2x day
Oral Minoxidil

and I just started adding Zinc-Thylium with GKU to my hairline daily.

the sheds are like pulling out fill hairs my hands are wrapped in hair if I just rinse I can watch hundreds fall onto the shower floor. The hairs are thin and curly 3 years again they were thick and black. I’ve been to a bunch of ‘top’ hairloss doctors and see Baumen on Wednesday.
Have you checked all your thyroid levels, not just the TSH test? If you have other symptoms like stomach issues, fatigue, dry skin, etc. that might be it. It seems your fight against dht isn’t changing the shed so it has to be something else IMO.

1) Could be a sudden sensitivity to food that you’re allergic to, I would cut out stuff from your diet, one by one and try to analyze the shedding accordingly. Like go without gluten for a week, or carbs another week. Or drop a medication/supplement you’ve been using.

2) Check your water hardness, maybe there’s too much calcium in your water supply. You can buy those filtered shower heads from Amazon too.

3) Some thyroid issues are hidden. You need to test all the possible thyroid symptoms you may have. If you have stomach problems and get tired all the time that could be it.

4) Do you shampoo everyday/condition? You might have a lot of scalp build up. If you have a scan of your scalp using some scope, please post it. The build up can cause inflammation which might need daily shampooing using a good cleanser

5) inflammation caused by your immune system might be another reason but it’s rare. If your hair loss is patchy and your scalp is constantly irritated and burning, this might be it. I think you mentioned corticosteroids, maybe go a bit nuclear and try Otezla or Tofacitinib.

All I got. But I’m surprised you haven’t found the issue yet even after multiple hair loss doctors. Do they not look at your scalp?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am telling, with that all homo photos of guys full head of hair, this really looks like a gay forum. Your hair is ok, just get out of the closet.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am telling, with that all homo photos of guys full head of hair, this really looks like a gay forum. Your hair is ok, just get out of the closet.
youre obsessed with gay people. Stop making this forum a toxic place you idiot. @Admin in the last two days he's called two people gay for no reason.