Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The different angle is that OP has BDD (Body dysmorphic disorder). He created this thread 3 years ago titled “Going bald in less than a year” yet he still has a perfectly intact hairline and hair that most of us would kill for.

The reason for the heavy shedding/ slight loss of density is most likely due to the fact that he has put his hair in a constant state of shedding/telogen effluvium by the amount he has chopped and changed his routine and messed with his hair over the years and also general thinning due to ageing.

I doubt OP will ever go bald (especially being on treatments) and I believe the most beneficial thing for him will be acceptance that his hair probably won’t ever be as thick and luscious as his younger years.

Exactly, OP is twice my age and still has way better hair than me. He needs help.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The title of this thread cracks me up lol. He should take some advice from Nick Shell.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What other angel? Hit oral minoxidil, topical Finasteride, topical Dutasteride, oral Propecia with sides. I have thought about zinc topical but the massive shedding has never slowed. It’s been 3 years but the hairline didn’t thin much until just a year ago and really go bad in April.

Like Norwoody said, estrogen can be your last resort if you're that desperate. OTC biestro might be a good start since it hardly goes systematic. Be warned that some people experience massive shedding when adding this to their regimine.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea where to turn, then shedding has been insane for years and I’m at a point now where, yes hairline is still there but the entire NW7 area is diffused as f***. I don’t think I can manage estrogen as I had terrible sides on Propecia .5 daily. No sides on topical Dutasteride but it hasn’t done anything but make the front thin faster.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
50 pages and this thread can be summarised as follows:

Either:

-Reassurance that OP's hair is fine
- Sincere advice for OP over his evident BDD
- Abuse of OP for his evident BD

Followed by further statements from OP over the ever declining state of his hair (something which is not supported by pics), while he ignores the majority of comments, either good or bad.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Either:

Followed by further statements from OP over the ever declining state of his hair (something which is not supported by pics), while he ignores the majority of comments, either good or bad.
I mean I truly have no idea why people won’t let the thread die and just stop answering.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Either:

All valid. Some deserved some not. I can’t express how the shed is impacting my day to day 300+ hairs lost is a minimum. Most are linger hairs that would take years to regrow. Does anyone have a recommendation to stop it? I give ever treatment 6 months and if I’m still shedding I try something new. I haven’t shed as bad as I am now since starting minoxidil.

stop all topicals?
stop oral minoxidil?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
All valid. Some deserved some not. I can’t express how the shed is impacting my day to day 300+ hairs lost is a minimum. Most are linger hairs that would take years to regrow. Does anyone have a recommendation to stop it? I give ever treatment 6 months and if I’m still shedding I try something new. I haven’t shed as bad as I am now since starting minoxidil.

stop all topicals?
stop oral minoxidil?

Stopping and starting medicine can induce Telogen Effluvium. It sounds like all this shedding is a form of chronic Telogen Effluvium. Since even dutasteride and oral minoxidil couldn’t stop it... and those are heavy duty against Androgenetic Alopecia. If you stop anything now you’re going to extend that shedding phase again most likely. But if you want to be over and done with this, commit to not adding anything new and drop what you don’t really feel is effective right now. Then reassess after 1 year if your shedding is better or worse

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to roll topcial Dutasteride, RU and oral minoxidil. If that doesn’t do the trip I don’t know what could.

had some labs and my estradiol was off the charts, waiting on T and DHT but at 88 something had to off balance. Wouldn’t that high e help hair? No breast tenderness but still have AA sides.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend, while I sorta understand your worry... It's like talking to terminally cancer patients about an appendectomy. Most people here don't even dream to have your hair. I believe you have exacerbated an otherwise normal process that comes with aging and jumped the horse quickly or to hard and brought on a problem you may never have had if you didn't panic. You are in your 40s and have hair like early 30s. If I were you I'd enjoy every day of having that hair as if there's no tomorrow. You've stressed quite intense past 3 years yet you have awesome hair. At the end of the day, is your choice what tot do

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guy I do appreciate the advice.

right now I’m still using a heavy regimen and the thinning has only increased. I wish I would have avoided treatments all together but as we know the advice is always ‘start early’

Topical Dutasteride 2-3x week
RU 50mg 2x daily
Oral Minoxidil

3 months on this after dropping Propecia for sides.

shedding is insane.

1. stop or ease off of all treatments, risk massive shed
2. continue 9 months no changes, endure sheddding?

if this is age related will treatments even help? hair is still regrowing but thin and weak.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guy I do appreciate the advice.

right now I’m still using a heavy regimen and the thinning has only increased. I wish I would have avoided treatments all together but as we know the advice is always ‘start early’

Topical Dutasteride 2-3x week
RU 50mg 2x daily
Oral Minoxidil

3 months on this after dropping Propecia for sides.

shedding is insane.

1. stop or ease off of all treatments, risk massive shed
2. continue 9 months no changes, endure sheddding?

if this is age related will treatments even help? hair is still regrowing but thin and weak.
In regards to topical dutasteride, how do you apply it? Do you open the capsules and just apply it? Or do you put it into a carrier?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a compounded version .5 in PGE solution. Cover effected area. Shedding like crazy and I think I’m a diffuse NW2.

Attachments

• 5C910F2B-919E-41C8-A448-B0023701B689.jpeg
    5C910F2B-919E-41C8-A448-B0023701B689.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 146

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
not a comparison. fully aware I’ve been very very lucky. like any on here I’m just trying to fight a good fight. hope you are able to get things under control.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not a comparison. fully aware I’ve been very very lucky. like any on here I’m just trying to fight a good fight. hope you are able to get things under control.
Sorry bro, I looked at the title and it kind of annoyed me because the thread is three years old lol. Anyway, good luck with your hair loss

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
No bulbs unfortunately, tapered roots. Loss is definitely universal as I have weak small hairs back and sides.