Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Calikid dude your hair is in better shape than mine. All about perspective, I know compare to lost here it’s in good shape. Compared to 6 months ago it’s a dumpster fire. Trust me if I can slow this down or stop it I’ll be gone from here unless I can help others.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
@Calikid is half your age and his hair is nowhere as good as yours. He and I have BDD and if we both had hair like yours, we would never even be here. And I have bad news for you, you cannot slow it down. You have the balding gene in your blood. The only people that don't go bald, don't have the balding gene.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then what’s the point of treatments? Or this forum. I thought it’s just been a matter of finding the right treatment to slow it down. I really don’t get the whole thing about age. I mean yes it would be impossibly rough as a young man, but it’s also a b**ch when it comes out of know where at 40.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to have your hair even at the age of 17. And that was half a decade ago.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is some Hollywood type hair. Looks absolutely perfect. There are 10 year olds who don't have hair as good as you. I seriously do not understand your problem lmao.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was Hollywood type hair 3 years ago and even in the summer was still thick in the front with crown thinning. Since September the hairline, temples and vertex have thinned dramatically. The hair looks and feels different, I shed 200+ daily. Can’t tell if the treatments are helping or hurting. The only thing that ever helped was an iron infusion.

so yes, full head, but thinning at about 10% per year (Konior) is going to be bald at that rate by 50.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair already survived under the attack of androgens (post-puberty). If anything, the thinning is age related. And even us won’t go from NW1 to NW7 in 10 years. I am sure you will live all of your life with good amounts of hair on your head, whether you use “treatments” or not.

Last edited:

hlhopp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this the best forum on HairLossTalk.com?
It would be a great case study for psychiatrists. "Going bald in less than a year" LMAO and here we are 3 years later and he looks the exact same... I dunno why he's even still posting.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone try topical SARMs? I think about 50% of my loss is age and mild male pattern baldness. The other 50% is incredibly low Ferritin.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bluecyclone have you had a full set of blood tests done on your DHT and hormone levels lately? Do you have that to compare to past years? If the answer is no, then you haven't been doing everything you can. Without that you are pi$$ing in the wind about this.

BTW Oral minoxidil doesn't stop hair loss, and once you go off that your hair will really be fkd up for a while. You should have microdosed finasteride to build up your tolerance to it, and then increased the dose a tiny amount at a time. Instead you are sill trying to find something else that works, and many have done the same thing and come to the same conclusion, there are no other things that work as well as finasteride//dutasteride. But never mind, after the last of your hair falls out, you will see it then.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I have had labs done consistently since 2017. Haven’t been able to get in lately.

I did start with .25 Propecia for 4 months. The mistake I made early was directed by my dermatologist “wait on Finasteride start with minoxidil” I can’t turn back that decision and remain on oral minoxidil.

something else is going on with the shedding. Yes there has been miniaturization but something else is causing the constant shed.

I think testosterone is doing the bulk of the damage. My DHT levels have always been low but test middle-high range. Inflammation markers tend to stay very high. And the ferritin levels are always below range aside from the infusions.

That’s why I’m trying to decide on RU/CB or an alt like topical SARMs to try and slow the shedding. I’m getting regrow the but it’s fine weak Trump like Finasteride hair not my normal hair. Root tapering on almost all hairs that fall.

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there has been miniaturization but something else is causing the constant shed.

I think testosterone is doing the bulk of the damage. My DHT levels have always been low but test middle-high range. Inflammation markers tend to stay very high. And the ferritin levels are always below range aside from the infusions.

That’s why I’m trying to decide on RU/CB or an alt like topical SARMs to try and slow the shedding.

1) You may reconsider your approach to androgens. It doesn't matter whether your DHT is high or low according to some 'normal' ranges based on some statistics - there are many more variables affecting interpretation of the results. You should be concerned if your T level is low: as a male ages, his T tends to decline and his body tries to compensate by increasing its conversion into DHT + up regulating your AR - which exacerbates pattern hair loss. Considering T as an enemy to your hair is not very much correct. If your T level declines as you age, you should be concerned about maintaining it - closer to the upper limit of the normal range may be better, although this runs against intuition.
Androgen -induced inflammation is only one of many sources of inflammation damaging your hair. You should avoid RU/CB in your case and focus on non-androgen causes of inflammation.
2) Low ferritin is a plausible cause, but likely not the only one. Getting you ferritin back is certainly a must. Injectable drugs are more effective than oral. But the mechanisms of anaemia are very complex, you need a good GP. Low B12 and folic acid are also causes of anaemia. Different types of anaemia can co-exist.
3) You're right to be concerned about the high levels of inflammation markers. This is not only about your hair. You need a good GP to eliminate all possible sources of inflammation in your body. Elevated inflammation markers can be explained by e.g. dental problems, chronic infections, atherosclerosis, gastritis, autoimmune conditions, metabolic abnormalities (e.g. elevated HbA1C and early phase of insulin resistance = pre-diabetes), stress ('stress hormones' e.g. cortisol cause inflammation and kill your hair as well) - many many things. This is why you need a thorough exam, go to Cleveland or Mayo or other places with top level expertise.
What is you high-sensitive CRP level?

Finasteride/dutasteride/CB reduce only the kind of inflammation mediated by androgens. This may not be a legitimate target in your case.
In your case you're more likely to benefit from directly targeting inflammation. This means considering an anti-inflammatory drug - immunosuppressant. Discuss tofacitinib (designed to treat alopecia areata and a range of other inflammatory conditions- arthritis etc).

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Anatoly

Before the crowds jumps in apparently it isn't ’aggressive’ enough but to me the change even from October is night and day in terms of density.

I was using a low dose HCG and TRT in the summer to fight Finasteride sides, at the time hair didn't seem to be getting worse compared to before, was also using topical finasteride. I felt great. I guess I did feel like the Androgel was hurting hair but I used no more that 50mg a week. I dropped the T enhancers in the fall and tried Propecia again 1mg daily.

Anyway, having dropped everything but the topical Finasteride and oral minoxidil for three months I doubt the HCG was doing more harm than good. I had some crazy IGF-1 labs that the endocrinologist was worried about. What is CRP?

Debating peptides or trying the TRT again. Though it seems like topical testosterone has been death to hair.

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using a low dose HCG and TRT in the summer to fight Finasteride sides, at the time hair didn't seem to be getting worse compared to before, was also using topical finasteride. I felt great. I guess I did feel like the Androgel was hurting hair but I used no more that 50mg a week. I dropped the T enhancers in the fall and tried Propecia again 1mg daily.

-------- These are very serious interventions even at low doses. I suspect you've done extensive reading and consulted on HCG, still you decided to try it. You may want to be more cautious with TRT - and use it only if you really need it - e.g. if over 3-5 years you note your T consistently subsides (and maybe DHT increases), then this intervention seems legitimate.

HCG & TRP to fight finasteride sides is like using a cannon to fight sparrows. Actually on finasteride/dutasteride your T increases. Instead of Propecia you may consider Avodart (brand Dutasteride) 1-3 times weekly. Despite being more potent, in comparison to finasteride its side effects profile is more favourable.

Anyway, having dropped everything but the topical Finasteride and oral minoxidil for three months I doubt the HCG was doing more harm than good. I had some crazy IGF-1 labs that the endocrinologist was worried about.

-------- I suspect your endocrinologist is informed about your HCG & TRT. Elevated IGF is expected in this case. You probably know it is associated with the risk of tumours...

What is CRP?

C-reactive protein. You need high-sensitive CRP (some labs only offer normal sensitivity). It's one of the very basic markers of inflammation in your body.

Debating peptides or trying the TRT again. Though it seems like topical testosterone has been death to hair.
---- I suggest you wait until you have more certain indications for TRT. Dutasteride raises one's T better than finasteride. Just do your analyses once a year and in 3-5 years you'll more certain about benefit/risk profile of TRT in your case.
[/QUOTE]