Genes Regulating Inflammation, Stress, And Fibrosis Were Massively Overexpressed In All Androgenetic Alopecia Groups

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps this is the best thread to bump with my situation.

Please for the love of all that is good in the world can someone help point me in the right direction to fix this goddamn scalp itch/soreness.

Nothing I have done over the past 10 years of fighting this itch has gotten rid of it.

Im just fed up with it. My hair has slowly receded over the ten years and diffused but considering how bad my itch is, im kinda surprised I have any hair left at all.

Im on finasteride (1mg daily), zix, trinov, omega 3, vit d/k2, probiotics, sandalore (though thinking of dropping it as it's perhaps making things worse) and rosemary oil. I dermaroll - 2mm every 2 weeks and started doing .25 every day but it just made the itch and tenderness worse. I just got an electronic scalp massager and it amazed me how tender my scalp was when I used it. Im doing so many things that supposedly help with inflammation and I still have it.

Those with the itch, does it get really bad after showering or putting any liquid on the scalp? Because mine is awful till it dries.

Considering none of the above has helped much, could it be something other than male pattern baldness? I went to a dermatologist a few years ago and they said it was seb derm and gave me nizoral to treat it. It's only the male pattern baldness areas that is affected though.

Would dearly appreciate any thinking that might help resolve this for me. It wakes me up at night and it's the first thing I feel in the morning. It's awful on its own but the fact that it constantly reminds me that I'm balding and look shitty is the real kick in the balls. f*** the itch and f*** male pattern baldness!

Have you tried Ketoconazole shampoo?

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
have you confirmed normal iron, hematocrit, hemoglobin, ferritin, levels as well as thyroid function?
some people require up to 18 months of vid D supplementation to get into normal ranges.
itch can be a symptom of CTE.

have you considered implement 1mg fina daily + 0.5mg duta weekly?

My prolactin was high so the doctor suggested thryoid meds, which I took for a year but it didnt really make any difference to the scalp itch. Maybe I should hop back on them again. I thought that iron was something men had in spades (especially if you eat red meat which I do, quite a bit) and we didnt need to supplement - when i'm next at the doctors, I will have them test this. And yea, I'm considering adding dutasteride.

I take 5,000 iu of vit d3 a day. And have been for a month.

Have you tried Ketoconazole shampoo?

That is what is in Nizoral. I also did ket cream for a while but alas no help.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I have psroasis and am balding and my derm is putting me on cyclosporine before trialling biologics within the next month or so. I can track my progress here if anyone is interested.

edit: psoriasis*
Yes I am.interested!

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
My prolactin was high so the doctor suggested thryoid meds, which I took for a year but it didnt really make any difference to the scalp itch. Maybe I should hop back on them again. I thought that iron was something men had in spades (especially if you eat red meat which I do, quite a bit) and we didnt need to supplement - when i'm next at the doctors, I will have them test this. And yea, I'm considering adding dutasteride.

I take 5,000 iu of vit d3 a day. And have been for a month.

That is what is in Nizoral. I also did ket cream for a while but alas no help.
When I supplement with vitamin d my scalp itch and sebum goes into overdrive.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Autoimmune diseases are wide spread and common. And vast antiinflammatory agents have been in use for years,so someone would have found some of them working for androgenic alopecia also ,but they didn't find. So inflammation comes after dht poisoning. If inflammation is of that concern then eunuchs would also loose some hairs.
Many people using NSAIDs have had full regrowth - search for it. Infact, people have reported complete halt of hairloss with indomethacin and diclofenac.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe this could all be related to insulin resistance which would explain why balding people have a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases. There are some studies. So I think we have maybe to cut down fast carbs because gluten and ATIs are very pro-inflammatory and fast carbs can give you insulin resistance. It maybe won't cure baldness on it's own but it could play an important role.

My roommate has very bad skin, he has very bad acne on a lot of parts of his body. He went vegan recently and ate a lot of pasta and so on. During this time his skin was the worst in his life. He figured out that fast carbs kicks the inflammation on his skin into overdrive so he cut it and his skin is improving week by week.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If we look at males/females adolescents we do not see male pattern baldness in general terms. As males age the ratio of testosterone/DHT increase to 10 times or more that of females. At that point we start to see gradual hair loss. So the dopes on this forum will never grow hair until DHT levels are drastically reduced. The exact equation is determined by genetic strength of an individuals hair viability to DHT levels. male pattern baldness is a gradual process. There are a myriad of sub factors. With the availability of peptides, there is no excuse to not turn the equation in one’s favor. Inflammation, calcification, fibrosis is a result of excess DHT. To focus on these will result in poor outcomes.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people using NSAIDs have had full regrowth - search for it. Infact, people have reported complete halt of hairloss with indomethacin and diclofenac.
Could you give link of any study which has shown conclusively that NSAIDs halt male pattern baldness?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps this is the best thread to bump with my situation.

Please for the love of all that is good in the world can someone help point me in the right direction to fix this goddamn scalp itch/soreness.

Nothing I have done over the past 10 years of fighting this itch has gotten rid of it.

Im just fed up with it. My hair has slowly receded over the ten years and diffused but considering how bad my itch is, im kinda surprised I have any hair left at all.

Im on finasteride (1mg daily), zix, trinov, omega 3, vit d/k2, probiotics, sandalore (though thinking of dropping it as it's perhaps making things worse) and rosemary oil. I dermaroll - 2mm every 2 weeks and started doing .25 every day but it just made the itch and tenderness worse. I just got an electronic scalp massager and it amazed me how tender my scalp was when I used it. Im doing so many things that supposedly help with inflammation and I still have it.

Those with the itch, does it get really bad after showering or putting any liquid on the scalp? Because mine is awful till it dries.

Considering none of the above has helped much, could it be something other than male pattern baldness? I went to a dermatologist a few years ago and they said it was seb derm and gave me nizoral to treat it. It's only the male pattern baldness areas that is affected though.

Would dearly appreciate any thinking that might help resolve this for me. It wakes me up at night and it's the first thing I feel in the morning. It's awful on its own but the fact that it constantly reminds me that I'm balding and look shitty is the real kick in the balls. f*** the itch and f*** male pattern baldness!
Stop speculating my friend. It is 100% androgen regulated.

I experienced the exact thing when I had reflex hyperandrogenecity (I still experience this on and off. Having it badly again these days). It got worse when I brought up my finasteride dose and adding dutasteride. Whenever the itch comes my energy was significantly better. Whenever I was experiencing side effects from those drugs, however, the itch went down. I was also diagnosed of SD but surprise surprise even something as strong as halcinonide did not help one bit. Dermatologists are worthless in that respect.

Bumping up the anti androgen game will not necessarily make it better. It really depends on how your body "feel" on the drug.

Bushi

Reaction score
Am currently also testing with cbd since it's an anti inflammatory. And I've heard that people with arthritis are being helped with cbd. And since it's a natural substance it doesn't do any harm to your stomach.

But how much to take is another question?
If i can find it in a topical that would be the best, i think.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am currently also testing with cbd since it's an anti inflammatory. And I've heard that people with arthritis are being helped with cbd. And since it's a natural substance it doesn't do any harm to your stomach.

But how much to take is another question?
If i can find it in a topical that would be the best, i think.

I read a study that says CBD inhibits hair growth