Gay dating with hair loss

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Joan's a FINE women and unless they are gay men it's perfectly understandable why the guys are into her for more than an expresso outing.
Everybody knows coffee tastes so much better along with something so sweet (enter Joan). Your husband has good reason to be a bit apprehensive. I'm pretty sure he realizes the coveted jewel you really are. (-:

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
I think that's science-fiction.

I think a woman can be friends with a man who is not her type.

But a man can never be friends with a woman he finds... passable.

So if the girl is very ugly and isn't attracted to guy at all, it may be possible.

But then again, the guy could get drunk and his friend would not seem so ugly anymore.

And we're back to science-fiction.

Haha thats such bull****..

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
The male friends I had when I was young and single were not my type. You are right about that. I was involved with a guy for a couple of years and developed feelings for him, and we did remain friends for many years after I met my first and current husbands. I do think it wouldn't be possible to remain friends if one person continues to have feelings for the other after a breakup.

Regarding a man never being friends with a woman he finds passable, you sound like my husband, and he was only right about that once (I still do keep in contact with this guy, persistent as he is). These guys stick around even though I'm married because I am genuine and a good listener. They approached me in the first place because I'm not an uppity-looking snob, like a lot of women are. I have a smile for everyone with whom I make eye contact, male and the few females who don't look like they're better than everyone else. They are comfortable with me right away and talk to me about anything and everything. I keep telling my husband this is why they want to get coffee with me, and he laughs and says I'm naive. I've always preferred being around men because there's no drama with them. Women I've known suddenly act like they don't know you out of the blue and ignore you. Men never ignore you, and they're easier to talk to. That's been my experience.

You know what friendship is, Hellouser--caring about someone, checking in with each other, helping each other out, listening to each other and knowing that person, whether you talk once a day, week, month--whatever--will be there for you in a heartbeat if you ever need anything. One of my BFFs is a guy who used to be my neighbor. We hit it off right away, and when I think of someone I'd lean on if I ever needed anything, he's the first person who comes to mind.

Nice post. I think your husband is right to tell you to be aware though! Either way, I don't think there is any harm in having good male friends. I'm sure there is some sexual tension with the right guy but you're both adults who know each other's situation :)

Lol @ women who randomly ignore out of the blue. It does happen. I think some women are better at talking/relaxing with men than with girls, you're one of them.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
It seems like you've got quite the "fan club" here as well, Joan :) Not weird, as you seem like a great person (I really mean that!)

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate to the part when you say they end up not talking to you. I had to make some women become my friends once I had found my last girlfriend.

And at first, they seemed to go along, but then they got angry, stopped talking to me, and deleted me from Facebook. They didn't want to be my friend.

I now have one female friend, but that's only because she's just had a kid. Before that, we were on the edge of fooling around all the time.

So, no, I really don't think friendship between a man and a woman is possible. And I'm talking about true friendship, the equivalent of a bromance.

then thats like saying you could never have a gay friend..... how appropriate for this thread. You might not be attracted to a guy but hey given enough booze and whatever and he may be attracted to YOU.

Attraction is different than wanting to actually bang someone. I was always attracted to my girl friends but never acted on it. Some will eventually pass on as they realize it will go no where, but thats the equivalent of a friend who hangs around because you have something nice they like. Not really a friend.
Ill say it was my current relationship that cost me all my female friends left. My fault as I said, she was always jealous and conglomerated all my time and they eventually got pissed. There was one of my ex's I wanted to stay friends with. I used to think she was the funniest person I knew. It never bothered me to see her with other guys but other stuff happened there. I think the number are skewed with opposite sex friends. Theres just so few that it seems impossible. I think many male/female friends are usually either in those groups of friends who eventually all date each other or come out of two equally lonely people who are just conveniently located near each other. Both of those usually end in disaster. I was lucky to always have co ed part time night jobs and went out a lot so I always met girls, I was easy to talk to with them, and honestly Im willing to bet more than half prob thought I was initially gay.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Am i the only one who doesnt care for friends much now that im bald?

Idc to be chilling with a crowd knowing im on the bottom of the social ladder there

You are not alone. I feel completely out of place if I'm with my "friends" (I don't have real friends anymore).

username425

Reaction score
I can relate to the part when you say they end up not talking to you. I had to make some women become my friends once I had found my last girlfriend.

And at first, they seemed to go along, but then they got angry, stopped talking to me, and deleted me from Facebook. They didn't want to be my friend.

I now have one female friend, but that's only because she's just had a kid. Before that, we were on the edge of fooling around all the time.

So, no, I really don't think friendship between a man and a woman is possible. And I'm talking about true friendship, the equivalent of a bromance.

Explain how you've ever experienced true male/female friendship.

And I mean true friendship: sharing everything, travelling together, etc. All without any sexual tension.

I can hear crickets already.

Nearly everytime I've had female friends like this there exists sexual tension so I agree with you for the most part.

I have one though. That I tell pretty much everything to regarding other females. She doesn't tell
me much about other dudes though but I don't ask lol. Maybe I friend zoned her. I do think it's possible though. But 99% of the time it doesn't work is because of sexual tension.

blackg

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've always been a loner. Sometimes that has worked in my favour, sometimes against.

I never go out in groups. Always on my own. And Sunday night is the best night to hit the piss!!! (Aussie speak for getting drunk)
All the groups, with their groupthink and unspoken rules, are safely tucked away at home....and the world is mine, goddamnit!!!!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If I had the authority I'ld build you a section here at HTL dedicated exclusively to YOUR extraordinary virtues (inside/out) and properly christen it UNLOCKING EVIL or Pursuing ALL of EVIL. (-:
It seems like you've got quite the "fan club" here as well, Joan :) Not weird, as you seem like a great person (I really mean that!)

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I always found having female friends in the same light. I miss having them more than anything. Easier for me to talk with and I actually like some things like going out to eat and shopping doing with my guy friends is not the same.
Just so you know tho your husband is right and most guys you sit and have coffee with probably think you are secretly looking to cheat on your husband. I think you secretly know it and just like the attention and confidence boost
As Chris Rock would say they want to be that dick behind the glass!

[video]Www.youtube.com/watch?v=zywIR_ZFLts[/video]

I make it clear to them that it's just coffee/breakfast/conversation. Regarding the attention, I like the feeling that someone is drawn to me because I'm real and they are at ease with me almost immediately. The flattery has a somewhat negative effect on me, because (and I mentioned this is in a previous thread) I then dwell on every imperfection (and there are plenty) and obsess about being middle aged and looking old. I think guys like being with me because they are the ones who actually get my undivided attention, and I think that's a "confidence boost" for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Joan's a FINE women and unless they are gay men it's perfectly understandable why the guys are into her for more than an expresso outing.
Everybody knows coffee tastes so much better along with something so sweet (enter Joan). Your husband has good reason to be a bit apprehensive. I'm pretty sure he realizes the coveted jewel you really are. (-:

Husbands are impartial judges of their wives. They always think men are hitting on them, but they don't understand that they look at us differently. They see beauty in us that other men don't. My husband is wrong about why men sometimes approach me.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I.D wants to start a fan club for you, EvilLocks (can't blame him!). I'd definitely join. You're great too. How're your art classes going?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I think I.D wants to start a fan club for you, EvilLocks (can't blame him!). I'd definitely join. You're great too. How're your art classes going?

Thanks :) My art classes are going great actually. It's nice to get out of the house a bit more, although hair loss is always in the back of my mind, and I wonder if the people around me are looking at me because of my lack of hair.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Lol Creepy is attempting to advance an extreme scheme w/o sufficient transparency and/ or notification. Btw I meant EVERYTHING I said about Evil Ha ha.
not sounding creepy at all lol

- - - Updated - - -

Joan I was merely implying hypothetically,not necessarily challenging your perspective, that I would not be surprised in the least if men found you sexually compelling. I believe your stellar judgment skills here have already been long substantiated. (-:

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks :) My art classes are going great actually. It's nice to get out of the house a bit more, although hair loss is always in the back of my mind, and I wonder if the people around me are looking at me because of my lack of hair.

I can only imagine how hard it is for you to focus 100%, but you are getting out, and that's huge. Maybe Hellouser will bring us some positive news!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Joan I was merely implying hypothetically,not necessarily challenging your perspective, that I would not be surprised in the least if men found you sexually compelling. I believe your stellar judgment skills here I have already been long substantiated. (-:

I didn't take anything you said as offensive, I.D. Men look at pretty much anything in a skirt who's thin and halfway decent looking. I have never been one to accept a compliment--but I do appreciate yours. xo

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I can only imagine how hard it is for you to focus 100%, but you are getting out, and that's huge. Maybe Hellouser will bring us some positive news!

Yes, it's hard to focus and give 100% when you are suffering from a disease like baldness. It's always there, reminding me of my place as a loser in society. But yeah, it's good to be getting "out and about" a little, after being inside my house almost every day for so long.

It would be incredible if hellouser would make it to the congress and bring back some uplifting news for us. I just hope he manages to get enough donations to go.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yes that too would be HUGE.
It would be incredible if hellouser would make it to the congress and bring back some uplifting news for us. I just hope he manages to get enough donations to go.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Now JS my fiend, is there any chance your middle initial begins with a D (Juvenile Delinquent)? LOL
Me too but I did not find it funny.