Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I'm travelling to the US in September, and my transplanted hairs will most likely not have come in yet by then, in the meantime, I'm shaving my head with no guard.

We'll see if it's really as horrible as you say there.

...seriously dude, when you get off the plane be ready to be mocked, attacked and berated because everybody here is focused on other peoples baldness as that is the number one priority over here...

..ummm....NOT...

...these guys are fvkin nuts....I have NEVER seen or witness this kind of BS that Hellouser is talking about...just about every other guy on the street is thinning, balding or bald and NOBODY notices -- except for me, because I am thinning and I am (was) sensitive to it...

....if someone judges me for my thinning hair, they can go and fvck themselves and if anyone ever says anything to me about it, they'll get a blast back...but they never have...

...a very cute Phillipino administrative support women at work told me flat out after I asked her opinion -- "that must be a guy thing...you'd still be cute with no hair" -- and she laughed at me like i was nuts for even worrying about my hair...

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
And why are people proclaiming pills are safe? We already know finasteride does cause permanent erectile dysfunction, reduced libido, gynecomastia, testicular pain. Up to 8% of people have erectile dysfunction: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC140032/

And we're going to pretend like that is SAFE and then tell everyone to use it?

You realize that the study you posted had fewer men discontinue taking finasteride than the placebo...

Plus that is 5 mg and old men with prostate issues. Much different than a younger healthy man taking 1 mg with no prostate issues...

download (1).jpg

But yes the rate of impotence was higher for men taking finasteride. 14% compared to 7% at the high end. There is no doubt that finasteride can cause issues with erections for some men. Maybe even more than the studies show. It all depends on whether men notice the changes, or if they can tolerate them.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You realize that the study you posted had fewer men discontinue taking finasteride than the placebo...

Plus that is 5 mg and old men with prostate issues. Much different than a younger healthy man taking 1 mg with no prostate issues...

View attachment 26052

But yes the rate of impotence was higher for men taking finasteride. 14% compared to 7% at the high end. There is no doubt that finasteride can cause issues with erections for some men. Maybe even more than the studies show. It all depends on whether men notice the changes, or if they can tolerate them.

That graph is interesting. It basically shows that finasteride can still be effective at 1 times a week and even at lower doses like 0.5mg. Microdosing, as in, 0.25 every few days may prove effective.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
That graph is interesting. It basically shows that finasteride can still be effective at 1 times a week and even at lower doses like 0.5mg. Microdosing, as in, 0.25 every few days may prove effective.

There is a dude on bald truth talk that takes .25 mg once a week. Not sure why such a small amount but it's interesting.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a dude on bald truth talk that takes .25 mg once a week. Not sure why such a small amount but it's interesting.

I think you're referring to Desmond. He's been microdosing for a long time. AFAIK, he did have some side effects initially but they have either completely or partially subsided.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Sparky, what do you want to prove to us? That you're a better person than us because you got over hairloss and enjoy going to research sections of the forum acting a hero?

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're referring to Desmond. He's been microdosing for a long time. AFAIK, he did have some side effects initially but they have either completely or partially subsided.

I want to say it was Ryan555. But his situation is almost identical to mine. He might be taking the small dose for other reasons than hair loss. It might be hormonal related but I'm not exactly sure.

I can't find anything about ryan555 still taking finasteride. It was someone else. Maybe it really was Desmond... Is it working for him?

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
desmond takes .25 mg twice a week, last time i read he has been holding steady for 20 months. his sides were really bad and he persevered, by 8th month it was all good. his post is quite interesting. google my finasteride story so far.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
...seriously dude, when you get off the plane be ready to be mocked, attacked and berated because everybody here is focused on other peoples baldness as that is the number one priority over here...

..ummm....NOT...

...these guys are fvkin nuts....I have NEVER seen or witness this kind of BS that Hellouser is talking about...just about every other guy on the street is thinning, balding or bald and NOBODY notices -- except for me, because I am thinning and I am (was) sensitive to it...

....if someone judges me for my thinning hair, they can go and fvck themselves and if anyone ever says anything to me about it, they'll get a blast back...but they never have...

...a very cute Phillipino administrative support women at work told me flat out after I asked her opinion -- "that must be a guy thing...you'd still be cute with no hair" -- and she laughed at me like i was nuts for even worrying about my hair...
It's more of a covert offensive, passive aggressive glances. Sometimes they full on laugh, that's pretty humiliating. But I'm chalking this up to a geographical difference because apparently nobody is outwardly disrespectful towards bald guys where you live. But where I live that shallow looks obsessed lifestyle is the norm and it permiates the majority of the populace's conscience. So much so that it is pretty much common knowledge that baldness is a detriment. But even then it isn't black and white. As a realist I have to acknowledge the positive and neutral sides as well, which I do. It's just a part of my nature to focus on the one thing I can't fix like that awful itch you can't scratch. I'm not asking you to understand because your circumstances/upbringing w/e won't allow it, but I just need to express myself none the less. Sorry for the ramble.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Well maybe impotence is not all that bad for the bald men on finasteride. One way to help eradicate M.P.B. for future generations? Uh oh, here comes another negative rating. Just for the record I am only being half serious.:innocent:

View attachment 26052

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Lol I've never seen you receive negative reputation points. I'm not sure that is possible.. Your posts are always solid. But yes some men do get some erection softness and just tolerate it. They've got a Ron Jeremy thing going for them. It's just a little softer that's all. The majority of men taking finasteride don't have any issues with that at all though.

The fact that Merck came up with the idea to create a drug that mimics the guevedoche men to save hair and prostates is very ingenious. I think of taking finasteride as being similar to the male to female hormone drug users. Except you're not altering your hormones to make you a woman. You are altering your hormones to be more like the guevedoche men but with a fully developed manhood. It's almost a win win situation for the majority of finasteride users.

The thing is everyone dies, and everyone has one life. It's hard to see one's hair go for many reasons. The main one is coming to the realization that we are indeed going to die. It's not that hair loss necessarily means you can't get laid, or will be unattractive (although it certainly makes these things more of a challenge), but that it shows we are getting older, and aging. All other parts of puberty are great because you are becoming a man. You get taller, grow facial hair, jaw line, rock hard c***, and big testicles. Then god decides to throw in this hair loss ****. Ha ha, I'm going to take away the hair here in the spot where you want it the most and put it on the spot you want it the least, your ****ing *** crack!! Hahahaha! deal with that **** sheeple.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol I've never seen you receive negative reputation points. I'm not sure that is possible.. Your posts are always solid. But yes some men do get some erection softness and just tolerate it. They've got a Ron Jeremy thing going for them. It's just a little softer that's all. The majority of men taking finasteride don't have any issues with that at all though.

The fact that Merck came up with the idea to create a drug that mimics the guevedoche men to save hair and prostates is very ingenious. I think of taking finasteride as being similar to the male to female hormone drug users. Except you're not altering your hormones to make you a woman. You are altering your hormones to be more like the guevedoche men but with a fully developed manhood. It's almost a win win situation for the majority of finasteride users.

The thing is everyone dies, and everyone has one life. It's hard to see one's hair go for many reasons. The main one is coming to the realization that we are indeed going to die. It's not that hair loss necessarily means you can't get laid, or will be unattractive (although it certainly makes these things more of a challenge), but that it shows we are getting older, and aging. All other parts of puberty are great because you are becoming a man. You get taller, grow facial hair, jaw line, rock hard c***, and big testicles. Then god decides to throw in this hair loss ****. Ha ha, I'm going to take away the hair here in the spot where you want it the most and put it on the spot you want it the least, your ****ing *** crack!! Hahahaha! deal with that **** sheeple.

Haha, on the last part. To be fair it's not on puberty that we lose hair, but a few years after. We just have to remember that evolution is all about random mutations and baldness as well as hair on the ***, are not positive ones, but are just what they are.

So according to theory of evolution, all bald men will eventually die off since they are less likely to find a mate. The only problem is that we are actually different, and money is more important than looks these days. I would of wished that bald cavemen before us did go extinct, as we are a different species.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
So according to theory of evolution, all bald men will eventually die off since they are less likely to find a mate.

Unlikely. You could be a recessive carrier of a 'baldness gene' without showing any outward phenotype (as is the case with many women). Even then, most men reach reproductive age before the onset of male pattern baldness. While male pattern baldness may be under some degree of sexual selection there is no evidence to suggest that bald men are more likely to die without having kids and passing on their genes.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
So according to theory of evolution, all bald men will eventually die off since they are less likely to find a mate. The only problem is that we are actually different, and money is more important than looks these days. I would of wished that bald cavemen before us did go extinct, as we are a different species.

Yeah, I wished this had happened centuries ago.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
So according to theory of evolution, all bald men will eventually die off since they are less likely to find a mate.

This is so false...
Even if the father has no hairloss history, bald gene could come from the mother's side.
OR father can be hairy till his 70's, but his son can start balding at 20, i have plenty of examples.
So it's wrong, wrong, wrong...
And actually, every bald man i know has a family.
On the other part, i know a few perfect haired man who are single in their 40's, 50's.
So, no point here.
Actually, i think you and hellouser are very young, maybe early 20's. As you grow up you'll understand that this idea with looks is not everything that counts in life. Actually, after reaching 30, even the females start looking not that good as in 20's, for 40's i don;t even need to mention...
You need to accept you'll not be young forever, and not look as at 20 forever!
Aging is a part of life...
Please stop wathicng only he hollywood actors and believing you must look like them.
Actually, personality is way more important in life than looks.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
every bald man i know has a family. On the other part, i know a few perfect haired man who are single in their 40's, 50's.

That's because balding forces men off the dating scene and a lot of them just settle for whatever they can get.

The exact same can be said about a women. Once they notice their looks start to deteriorate, they scramble to find a provider.

Men with thick hair in their 40's still look exceptionally well for their age, there's no need for them to slow down anytime soon.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
This is so false...
Even if the father has no hairloss history, bald gene could come from the mother's side.
OR father can be hairy till his 70's, but his son can start balding at 20, i have plenty of examples.
So it's wrong, wrong, wrong...
And actually, every bald man i know has a family.
On the other part, i know a few perfect haired man who are single in their 40's, 50's.
So, no point here.
Actually, i think you and hellouser are very young, maybe early 20's. As you grow up you'll understand that this idea with looks is not everything that counts in life. Actually, after reaching 30, even the females start looking not that good as in 20's, for 40's i don;t even need to mention...
You need to accept you'll not be young forever, and not look as at 20 forever!
Aging is a part of life...
Please stop wathicng only he hollywood actors and believing you must look like them.
Actually, personality is way more important in life than looks.

No no no no, I will not accept this, EVER. I am suppose to be Hollywood actor looking, this is bull****, why me, it was suppose to be someone else who got this crippling curse. This disease is worse than aids or some weird skin disease that one can hide. I need to get stronger and find out how I can use quantum mechanics and the mind to get my hair back.

I should have the power to turn off and on certain genes at will as well as on others. It's me we're talking about, I should have that power, dammit. I am tired of this bullcrap.

All I want is to wake up the next day with my perfect hair and everyone already conscious of me have ha it since I was born. Is that too much ask? Doesn't the laws of quantum mechanics allow me to do that? I don't care if I have to pass my flaws to the pope himself, as long as I get what I want. So why is this not happening, damn you.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
That's because balding forces men off the dating scene and a lot of them just settle for whatever they can get.

Then they have kids and pass on their genes, which is why 'all bald men will eventually die off' as stated by Python is unlikely.

The fact that you exist, as do so many other men with male pattern baldness, is evidence to the contrary.