Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's wait for them to finish the trials and get the drug on the market. Then you can say "there is".
And perhaps you can stop acting like a little child.

First you say this:

Imagine they would discover a very potent drug/topical

When in fact it CB-03-01 was discovered over a decade ago... but now instead of knowing about it, you want the trial to be on the market? Who the hell are you calling a child, fool?

- - - Updated - - -

I think ZJA70 is right, and Cotsarelis won't find any cure.

So you think Cots won't find a cure because JZA70 thinks he won't? LOL @ this basis.
Perhaps you should think for yourself?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
So you think Cots won't find a cure because JZA70 thinks he won't? LOL @ this basis.

Well... the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Remember, this is Dr. cure every 5 years we're talking about.

His solution at best is what ? Wounding and applying some growth factors ? LOL. 2014 technology at its finest. What a waste.

Notice how everyone else (Jahoda/Christiano, Lauster, Tsuji etc) are all trying to do the same thing, except for this guy.

Like I said before, we have the technology to make it happen. Dr. Cots has the technology to make it happen, but he seems to just
be more fascinated with how everything works rather than strictly working on a actual cure.

There's nothing wrong with him being fascinated and wanting to publish his findings every 5 years, but if you think he's going to be the
one to bring us a cure.. well.. you're in for a surprise.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
First you say this:

When in fact it CB-03-01 was discovered over a decade ago... but now instead of knowing about it, you want the trial to be on the market? Who the hell are you calling a child, fool?

- - - Updated - - -

Omg, sometimes you write the most ridiculous nonsenses i've ever read.
You don't have any logic. That with Cots its the ultimate absurdity...
Yes, i have the same opinion with JZA that Cots is less likely to find the cure. What is the problem when 2 people have the same opinion? My opinion is not based on JZA's.
Then, believe or not, i didn't find out about CB yesterday. It was discovered a decade ago? Oh, how nice, but how exactly does this help us if it is not yet on the market?
I don;t want "the trials on the market", wtf, i want the trials to finish so the drug gets in pharmacies, this is the second absurdity. "Trials on the market" :lol.
Tell me, surely you are not drunk sometimes when you write on this forum??
Oh, and you finished the list of nonsenses with an insult, how clever...
I am calling you a child because you seem quite imature...

And, mea culpa when i said about "discover something very efficient" i should say not only "discover", but also "put on the market". We have no guarantee that firstly, CB works(did they find the right vehicle), and secondly, that it works better than finasteride. In fact, it seems YOU already use it, bought from some obscure labs(who knows what's really there), and it doesn't seem it had miraculus results for you, so, what are you talking about?
If this CB is discovered a decade ago(i know about it for 3-4 years), and still is in trials to a "possible" release in 2018, this doesn;t exactly speak in favor of its efficiency.
I am surely not a child. I'm reading this site since november 2010, at that time people were enthusiastic here that by 2014 CB would be on the market, and guess what, we arrived to 2014 and it hasn't completed the trials yet... People are starting to question its efficiency, etc.
So, for the moment, i am quite right that no other topical better than min is on the market.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So with this new knowledge, do you feel there is no use in attempting another forum experiment? Like hellouser said, he did say that Doxycycline is able to turn DKK1 on and off. So maybe we just need a new protocol and see what happens? I just suspect that we are going to have to do something more extreme than small wounding.

As evident from the video, we don't only need sufficiently deep wounds (which a dermaroller with needle length around 1.5 mm can achieve), but also wide wounds.
Doxycycline is also an antibiotic, and FGF9 has been shown to induce lung cancer in mice even when it is only injected into the subcutis. Two reasons to be very careful there. On the other hand, doxycycline is cheap and easy to get. If we really were to do community trials with that, we have to do major research before. Much more than with the derma rolling, because we just had to replicate a study (which I now consider to be inherently flawed given the info from above video) in the DR community trials.

In any case, if we do try something new, we have a lot of members, so we can be sort of like the test subjects to see if anything like this works.
But only if they keep to some prespecified trial protocol. It was so hard to assess DR efficacy because noone even remotely stuck to his initial plans. Regimens changed all the time, most people provided no baseline reports, etc.
Either way, it was great that we at least tried. Even though we now know that it does not work, at least we gave it a shot.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
As evident from the video, we don't only need sufficiently deep wounds (which a dermaroller with needle length around 1.5 mm can achieve), but also wide wounds.
Doxycycline is also an antibiotic, and FGF9 has been shown to induce lung cancer in mice even when it is only injected into the subcutis. Two reasons to be very careful there. On the other hand, doxycycline is cheap and easy to get. If we really were to do community trials with that, we have to do major research before. Much more than with the derma rolling, because we just had to replicate a study (which I now consider to be inherently flawed given the info from above video) in the DR community trials.

But only if they keep to some prespecified trial protocol. It was so hard to assess DR efficacy because noone even remotely stuck to his initial plans. Regimens changed all the time, most people provided no baseline reports, etc.
Either way, it was great that we at least tried. Even though we now know that it does not work, at least we gave it a shot.

Well it's not worth it risking cancer.
It seems that one can dissapears for now and come back a year later an we will be where we are today, with nothing.

Does this kind of crap happen on other type of forums? Like bodybuilding, cancer, acne or wrinkles, or is it just some bullcrap for hairloss sites?

resu

Reaction score
Dr. Cots has a bald crown, if they come up with something I'm sure they'll use the therapy on themselves like Histogen.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It seems that one can dissapears for now and come back a year later an we will be where we are today, with nothing.
Probably, yes. What I will start experimenting with, though, when I have some time again, is ginsenoside. See this thread.
Apart from that, we can only wait for RepliCel starting operation in Japan. Their own schedule, though, says 2019. Once it's available (and if it does work, which I consider rather likely given the deal they have with Shiseido, the sheetload of money they receive from Shiseido, and Shiseido investing so much money already into a cell reproduction facility), I'll get it immediately, no matter how pricey.

Anyway, if you don't want to wait passively, try the ginsenoside. Seems to be our best option right now, and I'll give it a shot.

Does this kind of crap happen on other type of forums? Like bodybuilding, cancer, acne or wrinkles, or is it just some bullcrap for hairloss sites?
Doesn't have anything to do with forums but with the research field of hairloss. The mechanisms behind bodybuilding, acne, wrinkles are far better understood than the ones behind hair loss. I guess the cancer people are in the same boat as us regarding research news which promise breakthroughs, but their disease is much more severe than ours. For them the situation is much worse; its not about looks for them but about survival and having far limited opportunities and chances with their lives. (note to the whiny guys: if you want to discuss whether hair loss is actually worse than having cancer, take that to the "Impact of Hairloss" section and dont derail a thread again).

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably, yes. What I will start experimenting with, though, when I have some time again, is ginsenoside. See this thread.
Apart from that, we can only wait for RepliCel starting operation in Japan. Their own schedule, though, says 2019. Once it's available (and if it does work, which I consider rather likely given the deal they have with Shiseido, the sheetload of money they receive from Shiseido, and Shiseido investing so much money already into a cell reproduction facility), I'll get it immediately, no matter how pricey.

Anyway, if you don't want to wait passively, try the ginsenoside. Seems to be our best option right now, and I'll give it a shot.

Doesn't have anything to do with forums but with the research field of hairloss. The mechanisms behind bodybuilding, acne, wrinkles are far better understood than the ones behind hair loss. I guess the cancer people are in the same boat as us regarding research news which promise breakthroughs, but their disease is much more severe than ours. For them the situation is much worse; its not about looks for them but about survival and having far limited opportunities and chances with their lives. (note to the whiny guys: if you want to discuss whether hair loss is actually worse than having cancer, take that to the "Impact of Hairloss" section and dont derail a thread again).

Okay, might give that one a try as well, thanks.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Has Desmond asked any of them the list of questions yet? I haven't been following the videos or anything because I wouldn't be able to understand them as I don't have a science background so I'm not up to date on the thread.

Cure in 5 years.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

resu

Reaction score
I would be happy if at least the itch stopped, once the follicles miniaturize the sebaceous glands enlarge hence the itch since more sebum, more inflammation, more fungus, more dandruff, etc...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be happy if at least the itch stopped, once the follicles miniaturize the sebaceous glands enlarge hence the itch since more sebum, more inflammation, more fungus, more dandruff, etc...

I never had scalp itch or dandruff. Sebum, i always had lots.

thinin

Reaction score

I used to have extreme itch. I think hair was also on my mind 24/7 when I first noticed it, which made things worse.

Tried everything to cure the head itch and ever since i started using Tgel it seems to have cleared up. I also do a black tea rinse once a week.

Sebum on the other hand is out of control. I've tried everything to clear that up and nothing. I'm 90% it's contributing heavily to my hair loss.

resu

Reaction score
I never had scalp itch or dandruff. Sebum, i always had lots.

My dad hasn't and he's a NW3v. I guess it's like acne you either have it or not. The itch is very sharply concentrated on the crown, mid scalp and temples, I believe I'm destined to become a NW5 with island.

thinin, ever notice how advanced bald men always have a shiny scalp it's the sebum, there's nothing positive about baldness. In my case I'm convinced the itch is the hard sebum that resembles sand or table salt coming out of the pores, nothing worked for me either since it's part of the balding process, you lose hair but gain an enlarged sebaceous gland, gee thanks. The itch started right at the point male pattern baldness started for me around my mid 20's, it was so strong that I couldn't even sleep.

Anyway this really puts into perspective how pointless the kitchen sink approach is when scientists with equipment worth more than the content of your entire house can't regrow hair and people think they will by rubbing some oil and brushing vigorously.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys how many times I have to say, if you are annoyed by itching go get some OC (and check out the Help forum thread called "about OC" or something like that...). No one listened to me before, now a skeptic has tried and he is delighted.

if you use OC or any strong inhibitor of PGD2 or CRHT i am 90% sure the itch will go, 70% sure the shedding will stop. That is I have more confidence in that stuff than minoxidil growing hair...

I have posted too my success story under experimentals and I won't be able to answer further questions (too busy just check these threads). I am getting a lot of messages on this, again the info is out for everyone to see.

Costalertis has been consistently showing promising results linked to inhibiting PgD2. up to you.

now back to topic. Thanks to Desmond for all, I think this was a step forward. Naggers will be naggers.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but dont OC have its own share of sides? topical or oral? someone plz shed some light.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what sides, it was tested in humans by two different studies, showing NO adverse effects. amazing from my experience. Some people took 100 mg oral doses daily, that's more than I take topically over several weeks..