FOxnews: Hair Cloning Nears Reality!

hardcastle

Reaction score
How long do scar cells stay around? I realize it depends on the level of scarring, but are we still carrying scar tissue from the vaccine punctures we got as kids?

Is it possible that better density could be achieved be spacing out HM procedures?

And yeah, Cassin, definitely post any links you have.

Cassin

Reaction score
hardcastle said:
How long do scar cells stay around? .

I think thats the issue. Maybe it depends on the quality of the surgeon and the individuals natural ability to heal.

hardcastle said:
Is it possible that better density could be achieved be spacing out HM procedures?.

Probably depends on your first question which I quoted.

hardcastle said:
And yeah, Cassin, definitely post any links you have.

So far I can't find it, http://www.skinbiology.com and their brother and sister sites are huge and unorganized. I will keep looking tomorrow, maybe it's saved in favorites on my old PC.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And what about getting the limit of transplants, and then transplanting some non-saturated skin from your *** to your scalp??

:hairy: (but who knows...medicine can be very weird...)

...the only possible side effect could be a stinking head.
:freaked2:

drinkrum

Reaction score
hardcastle said:
drinkrum said:
chewbaca,

I hope you punks realize that even with HM, etc. you will still need to be on finasteride! HM is not the end solution.

D.

True, HM will only get back what's been lost - it won't save normal follicles. I think the idea most people here have, though, is to get back what they lost through a HM procedure, get off the meds, and then replace the rest as it starts to go.

Nope, I don't think it works that way. The doctor will prescribe you finasteride after the transplant. You will need to be on it for life. Otherwise you will start to thin around the transplanted hairs and it will look ridiculous. You simply can't transplant enough hairs to create realistic density. Maybe some new technology in the far future will allow micro-insertion of follicles through lasers. But until that time ...

D.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
hardcastle said:
drinkrum said:
chewbaca,

I hope you punks realize that even with HM, etc. you will still need to be on finasteride! HM is not the end solution.

D.

True, HM will only get back what's been lost - it won't save normal follicles. I think the idea most people here have, though, is to get back what they lost through a HM procedure, get off the meds, and then replace the rest as it starts to go.

Nope, I don't think it works that way. The doctor will prescribe you finasteride after the transplant. You will need to be on it for life. Otherwise you will start to thin around the transplanted hairs and it will look ridiculous. You simply can't transplant enough hairs to create realistic density. Maybe some new technology in the far future will allow micro-insertion of follicles through lasers. But until that time ...

D.

a bit vonfused here, why would the transplanted hairs thin if they were cloned from the sides of the head?
thought that the hair at the sides are DHT resistant?

drinkrum

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
a bit vonfused here, why would the transplanted hairs thin if they were cloned from the sides of the head?
thought that the hair at the sides are DHT resistant?

They wouldn't but the hairs around it would. Hence the ridiculous look.

D.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
hardcastle said:
drinkrum said:
chewbaca,

D.

D.

hey rum, what makes you say that you can't transplant enough hairs to create realistic density? i mean, we have unlimited donor hair follicles here, and modern day transplants usually look pretty damn dense to me if done right, and they have limited donor areas. are you saying that the damage ensued on the scalp during HM injection would disallow growth of dense hair? because its just a little injection, less damaging than even a modern day transplant. I'm just not catching the correlation here. Why couldn't you just pack it in??

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think when HM becomse available you wont need meds. Just get more HM treatment as you thin. End of story no more meds. ...if/when HM becomes available.

G

ive also read that once the technique is developed upon then eventually a serum will be possible.
In my opinion the tissue damage thing is bullshit. Maybe it will be a shock to the scalp, but its not like their going to do it all at once. It would probably take about 3-6months for a complete bald guy to get back to a norward2 or so.

drinkrum

Reaction score
You'll still need to go on finasteride unless they can transplant enough follicles to give you realistic density. To my knowledge, this can't be done yet. But then again my knowledge of transplantation is quite crude. I'll defer to Cassin.

D.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
isn't the reason you can't get it thick because of a lack of donor hair. In other words, you could make it thick, if you only had one square inch to cover, not an entire head. but with unlimited donor, i don't see why in a few sessions separated by a few months, you couldn't get a pretty damn full head.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea... with a regular present day transplant they have limited donor hair. With HM they have unlimited donor hair and as a result could give you as much hair as you want

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was just responding to everyone's new theory of "you still can't get good density, even with HM" i don't know if there's just some piece of the puzzle i'm not getting. I mean, maybe in ONE session you couldn't get it totally thick, but after a short recovery, why wouldn't added sessions give you one hellofa thick head.

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
getting the strands closer together wont take any time to perfect once HM comes. If they can't do it now, they will be able to do it no problem.

Have you seen the armani pics? Even if that isn't 100% natural density, it still looks good enough for me.

G

The only reason why people would still take propecia after HM would be if they still had original hair that is not cultured from the back and sides of the head and wanted to keep it. So i guess many people might still want to take propecia to keep some of that original hair. But once you've grafted the cultured hair., it will not need propecia.
There would be absolutly no point in HM if it just did the same old thing as a traditional hair transplant. People in different stages of hairloss may have to keep on going back to have treatment every now and then as hairloss will still progress but not with the transplanted hair.
The guys who are already at a norwood 7 stage will not experience this problem and therefore will not have to be on meds.

hardcastle

Reaction score
Exactly. Getting a regular hair transplant would require you to stay on Propecia, because you still have DHT-susceptible hair to lose, as Drinkrum said. But everyone who's trying to sell us HM is telling us that this is going to go far beyond a regular hair transplant. I don't see someone spending 12K on an HM operation in the knowledge that he's still going to (1) look like he's thinning and (2) be spending money on drugs.

I also haven't seen anything ruling out getting a HM procedure to fill in a thinning area, letting the area thin, and then getting another HM. Cassin's point about scarring is the first such issue I've heard, and while he may have a good point, I haven't read about this problem anywhere else.