FOxnews: Hair Cloning Nears Reality!

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
The promise of early research often evaporates in the harsh light of clinical testing. Yet Washenik predicts that hair multiplication will be available for hair restoration in three or four years.

Fox News, 2005. Holy sh*t this is depressing.
Anyway, we seem to be closer than ever, and Dr. Tsuji, the hero of Hair Multiplication has said a decade ago that it will take ten years. He had said all those years ago that he hopes for the treatment can become a reality in 2020. He is still on track, and we heard from his team only last month!!

So f*** Fox News. Everybody back on the hype(or hope) train!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
idd there are still good news when we read older (vintage) thread. well at least that's what I say to myself.
because that means (other)researchers have been working on this 10 years and more to find the missing keys. I think that with the recent news (see thread "Tsuji - News Successfully Developed An Expansion Method Of Hf Derived Stem Cells") they are closer than ever... But first let's wait and see how the actual human trial(tsuji ) unfolds.

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"It is hard to predict whether they will be successful, but there is good evidence that will happen," Cotsarelis tells WebMD. "It is not quackery — they are not charlatans. It is based on real scientific knowledge. But there are a lot of hurdles still to overcome."

The promise of early research often evaporates in the harsh light of clinical testing. Yet Washenik predicts that hair multiplication will be available for hair restoration in three or four years.

"So this three-to-four-years-away number is not fantasy," Washenik says. "It is biotechnology research, and nature can always step in the way and slow things down. But the concept of tissue-engineered hair growth to create a new hair organ looks very real."

This sounds like they weren t as sure as Tsuji is at this point.

Moreover, researchers have discovered that some follicle cells do more than regenerate. They give off chemical signals. Nearby follicle cells — which have shrunk during the aging process — respond to these signals by regenerating and once again making healthy hair. It works in lab mice. And, Washenik says, it works in human skin cultures, too.

Ok this shows they were quite far in their research. But that just means there was allready a lot of knowledge which is helping todays research.

When the word “cloning” comes up, most minds jump to science fiction films, or real world larger-than-life experiments like Dolly the sheep. Few imagine a full head of cloned hair, a concept that has been in the works for decades and is inching ever closer to commercialization.

Washenik is the former CEO of the Aderans Research Institute (ARI), a group that led the charge for hair cloning in the early 2000’s. During his time working with the ARI, he and his team brought their work from a theoretical concept to the point of human trials.

“The concept has been around for nearly 20 years, and the proof of concept from over a decade to 15 years,” says Washenik. “Unfortunately, it hasn’t yet been translated from a concept that’s established and understood to something helps people improve their hair-loss situation, day in and day out.”

So the people from 2004 still belive in this and there is a lot of progress. And different people try different approaches. So it is just a matter of time. Maybe in the twentys it will be Tsuji, Hairclone or Tissuse and maybe several wich would decrease the price.

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds like they weren t as sure as Tsuji is at this point.

Ok this shows they were quite far in their research. But that just means there was allready a lot of knowledge which is helping todays research.

When the word “cloning” comes up, most minds jump to science fiction films, or real world larger-than-life experiments like Dolly the sheep. Few imagine a full head of cloned hair, a concept that has been in the works for decades and is inching ever closer to commercialization.

Washenik is the former CEO of the Aderans Research Institute (ARI), a group that led the charge for hair cloning in the early 2000’s. During his time working with the ARI, he and his team brought their work from a theoretical concept to the point of human trials.

“The concept has been around for nearly 20 years, and the proof of concept from over a decade to 15 years,” says Washenik. “Unfortunately, it hasn’t yet been translated from a concept that’s established and understood to something helps people improve their hair-loss situation, day in and day out.”

So the people from 2004 still belive in this and there is a lot of progress. And different people try different approaches. So it is just a matter of time. Maybe in the twentys it will be Tsuji, Hairclone or Tissuse and maybe several wich would decrease the price.

Brother just tell me onething.Will it ever come till we are alive or after 20 years we will still be waiting like these guys have waited

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually love when people resurrect these old threads. It gives some of the new guys and gals something to think about. The media, researchers, greedy companies that claim to be working on a cure for cancer probably release the same kind of articles every few years as well. What a horrible thing to do to people with a serious disease. Give us false hope, over and over and...

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol if you're like Domino, why balding in the first place ? Doesn't seem lucky

I knew this question would come.
Balding depends on your genetics. Which gens you inherit is luck.
So all male in my family are slick Norwood 7 even with all the luck on the world I would be balding.
And if i look through the hairloss history of my family at least I m lucky that i started balding with 21. (I know that also doesnt sound lucky but most of the male in my family were pretty bald with 18)

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think maybe in 20 - 30 years we will have a "cure" in that we will have a treatment that stops further hairloss, without causing sides.
it'll be a once a day / every few days topical, meaning it can be put into a shampoo that people can use and just forget about their hair. or maybe a once every few days pill that acts specificially on hair rather than being systemic like an anti-androgen.

this will be classed as a cure for the majority of people but unfortunately those of us who have already lost our hair will be screwed; with people no longer losing their hair, there will be no incentive for people to research a way to give bald men their hair back. instead we will be the last bald generation and we will slowly die out.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think in about 200 - 300 years time you'll be able to get finasteride in various forms of delicious and convenient dietary supplements, such as finapower bars and shakes, as well as a super advanced once a day minoxidil formulation that dries in 2 hours maximum.

But they won't work for you.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think this thread would have been more meta if the last posts from 2005 had them bumping a thread from 1992 arguing that saying nothing will be available until 2000 was just pathological pessimism.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm going to check all the alt.baldspot posts on the newsgroups, i think they were around in the early 90's .
what a weird thought, when i was a little boy in nursery there were people arguing about finasteride and minoxidil in the newsgroups

@GeraltOfRivia

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think maybe in 20 - 30 years we will have a "cure" in that we will have a treatment that stops further hairloss, without causing sides.
it'll be a once a day / every few days topical, meaning it can be put into a shampoo that people can use and just forget about their hair. or maybe a once every few days pill that acts specificially on hair rather than being systemic like an anti-androgen.

this will be classed as a cure for the majority of people but unfortunately those of us who have already lost our hair will be screwed; with people no longer losing their hair, there will be no incentive for people to research a way to give bald men their hair back. instead we will be the last bald generation and we will slowly die out.

Yup maybe we will be last generation of baldies

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are one depressive motherfucker

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Poor boy he had hope up until 2014
Eh, I mean here's a post of his from December 2013:

Veteran checking in

Hello all,

It's been a while. I used to frequent these forums back in 2005-06 and I decided to get off and live my life and let the treatments do their thing.

I was on from propecia/proscar from 2005 to 2011 and in Oct of 2011, I decided to go the Dutasteride route (avodart 0.5 mg 3x a week) MWF. I've also complimented my treatment with minoxidil foam once a day and nizoral 2% 3 times a week. The result: I'm not bald.

For quite a while, I've been feeling a little lethargic, not as mentally sharp and a decrease in sexual desire. I've decided to stop using avodart and see how it goes with minoxidil foam and nizoral. I want to see how my body responds to my hormonal levels going back to normal gradually, after all these years of inhibiting DHT. Worst case scenario, I'll go back on finasteride if needed. I honestly just want to give my body a break from these meds. I understand the risk involved in doing this, but I forget what it's like to feel "normal", absent of any systematic drugs and want to compare it to how I've been feeling while on hair loss meds.

I take a solid multi vitamin + fish oil daily. Also, I've recently added 50mg of Zinc/day.

Hope all is well my friends

P.S I still drive a VW... :)

You are one depressive motherfucker
Sometimes a dose of reality is better than living in perpetual blind optimism.