Found out I have the most severe case of hairloss anyone here has seen. Here are some pics so you can all feel better about yourselves.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was being conservative for the op about a different aproach if you are a poor candidate,

If your grafts are mainly doubles or triples you could have 2 or 3 times the coverage than another guy with the same amount of grafts.

You also mentioned you placed an heaver bias towards your midsection & hairline than your crown. Rather than trying to attempt an less dense even distribution.

If the guy i posted was in a possition to have a result that he could grow out and style, then i would imagine he would have taken a different approach. He works for one of the top clinics in the hair transplant industry at the end of the day, so im sure he knows a thing or two about the variations of results between candidates.
Yeah true

My surgeon asked if I'm planning to keep it buzzed so he can plan and spread the grafts accordingly

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quite like that less dense , keep it buzzed like smp approach if you are a poor candidate and have the head shape to pull it off, Wayne Rooney would have been better off doing that than what hes been left with now and having to use a bucket full of topik.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quite like that less dense , keep it buzzed like smp approach if you are a poor candidate and have the head shape to pull it off, Wayne Rooney would have been better off doing that than what hes been left with now and having to use a bucket full of topik.
I can still buzz it and look fine

But yeah for people with worse donor it's a good option

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine paying a barber £10 every 2 weeks. Shave it off.
Yep i guess thats why getting a hair transplant just so you can keep it buzzed is uncommon. Bit like buying a car and never taking it out the garage.

Last edited:

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah true

My surgeon asked if I'm planning to keep it buzzed so he can plan and spread the grafts accordingly
but did you really think that way, like you tell the surgeon what you are going (or better trying) to do and he does it the way he thinks fits, or is it more the other way round?
like he says “do you keep it buzzed? then i spread the grafts like this blabla”, or do you think like “hmm id rather do what he thinks is best and keep it that way”? if the surgeon thinks its easier/better to spread the grafts for a buzz, you go for the buzz and forget about what you actually wanted yo have?

would like to understand the thought process here, i imagine that you dont make the choice that easy (though i also of course dont know how many scenarios you already had thought about in your head)...

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This question crosses my mind a lot as well. Where are these people parents when they start balding at early age? I know there isn't much that can be done, but I couldn't see my child going past nw3 at 16 without doing anything.
My parents didnnt know about treatments, they just told me to accept it and that I looked fine

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
My parents didnnt know about treatments, they just told me to accept it and that I looked fine
my father also didnt really know about any but snake oil... sure, that was pre internet and whatever...
so all he had was like coffeine shampoo and whatever hair water they had... didnt work, so in his mind nothing worked...
i think that is what people thought process is...
i also wouldnt know about treatments if it wasnt for my brother... who by the way has better hair than me, without being on treatments....

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry folks, I work in the hair replacement business, and that N7 is NOT natural, it looks enhanced. I am not saying that the poster is not balding, but that is NOT a natural male pattern baldness.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
but did you really think that way, like you tell the surgeon what you are going (or better trying) to do and he does it the way he thinks fits, or is it more the other way round?
like he says “do you keep it buzzed? then i spread the grafts like this blabla”, or do you think like “hmm id rather do what he thinks is best and keep it that way”? if the surgeon thinks its easier/better to spread the grafts for a buzz, you go for the buzz and forget about what you actually wanted yo have?

would like to understand the thought process here, i imagine that you dont make the choice that easy (though i also of course dont know how many scenarios you already had thought about in your head)...
He always has the vision of a hairstyle in his head and consider if it's realistically gonna work with the amount of grafts he'll extract

Always gotta be age appropriate, for an older man with very little donor left he might suggest a fancy combover

For example

FtZTgwNzE2MzA1NDM@._V1_UY1200_CR419,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
He always has the vision of a hairstyle in his head and consider if it's realistically gonna work with the amount of grafts he'll extract

Always gotta be age appropriate, for an older man with very little donor left he might suggest a fancy combover

For example

View attachment 172954
@Wolf Pack @DoctorHouse this is what my dad had, for a 60 something year old who hates the bald look and doesn't have the head shape for it, it was a life saver