Forum Members: Just How Vain Are You?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

blackg

Reaction score
I am an atheist. I didn't understand the word you said.
In trying to ascribe a biblical meaning to our collective vanity won't save your *** when you spend 12 hours a day looking at your own reflection.

I've been there.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go hurry to repent for your sin of emptiness. :D Good thing you're bold probably you can't even commit the sin of looking beautiful. :D

that's cruel!

blackg

Reaction score
No, sect of Christianity is cruel.
But hey, you have to be ugly if you're Christian anyhow, because otherwise you're commiting a sin of emptiness. (vanity) :D
Christianity is the most enlightened of the big three religions.
It has left the dark days of the inquisition and female subjugation behind.
Christianity is also making credible strides towards homosexual inclusivity so we really should give Christians a break.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go hurry to repent for your sin of emptiness. :D Good thing you're bold probably you can't even commit the sin of looking beautiful. :D

giphy.gif

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, sect of Christianity is cruel.
But hey, you have to be ugly if you're Christian anyhow, because otherwise you're commiting a sin of emptiness. (vanity) :D

god saved me from being vanity then :D:D

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're so dumb it's hurts.

Yes that is the definiton of vanity. That means CONCEIT. If you're smart but excessively proud about being smart you're vain/conceited.

But sect of Christianity invented the sin of emptiness (Vanity) and told symptoms LOL of that sin is excessive concern for appearance among other things like shyness. Shyness is vanity for sect of Christianity. :D
Vanity for sect of Christinity means emptiness of soul as I wrote already and futility of earthly pursuits.

https://www.gotquestions.org/hygiene-vanity.html

https://www.spiritualdirection.com/2010/04/26/how-can-i-identify-my-root-sin

So the guy that asked the original question used sect of Christianity insane vocabulary.

If he wanted to ask guys do they take good care of their looks and do they try to look beautiful then he should have asked with that vocabulary.

Vanity means conceit. When you're excessively proud/conceited about being smart or beautiful.

It has NOTHING to do with general human wish to look beautiful. General human wish to look beautiful doesn't have a syonim. It is a wish to look beautiful.
Yeah I said leave the bible stuff out of this.

I wrote the original post BTW and I know it wasn't about religion.

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I said leave the bible stuff out of this.

I wrote the original post BTW and I know it wasn't about religion.

Your vocabulary is 100% about religion. Vanity doesn't mean wanting to look beautiful. It means emptiness, futility of earhtly pursuits. I provided Quora explanation.
So don't use Bible vocabulary without mentioning that you're talking about sin of emptiness(vanity).

Wanting to look beautiful is not vanity. Vanity is not a word meaning wanting to look beautiful.

You can't ask people in 2018 something so stupid.
Vanity means conceit. http://www.sirc.org/publik/mirror.html

In every other context vanity means pursuing earthly things and sect of Christianity hates earthly things they deem them vanity (emptiness) and it's a totally idotic world view so note your posts to be sect of Christianity ones when writing such Middle Age vocabulary in 2018.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong in usage of Bible terms out of religion context.

Jesus didn't patent that words.

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong in usage of Bible terms out of religion context.

Jesus didn't patent that words.

Wanting to be beautiful is connected with self perception, people self perceive themselves through their bodies, they form self image that directly affects both self confidence and even behavior. As such wanting to be beautiful can in no way be in the same sentence as emptiness (vanity.)

Vanity is not a synonim for wanting to be beautiful.

Vanity means conceit or in the sect of Christianity's book Bible it means futility.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just using the Oxford dictionaries definition - this is surreal.

blackg

Reaction score
Your vocabulary is 100% about religion. Vanity doesn't mean wanting to look beautiful. It means emptiness, futility of earhtly pursuits. I provided Quora explanation.
So don't use Bible vocabulary without mentioning that you're talking about sin of emptiness(vanity).

Wanting to look beautiful is not vanity. Vanity is not a word meaning wanting to look beautiful.

You can't ask people in 2018 something so stupid.
Vanity means conceit. http://www.sirc.org/publik/mirror.html

In every other context vanity means pursuing earthly things and sect of Christianity hates earthly things they deem them vanity (emptiness) and it's a totally idotic world view so note your posts to be sect of Christianity ones when writing such Middle Age vocabulary in 2018.
You have a comprehension problem.
Your interpretation of vanity is clearly different then that of @JohnsonDDG.

Also... stop writing long posts! You will never be Rudiger.

Valerija

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just using the Oxford dictionaries definition - this is surreal.

Which defines vanity as CONCEIT, not general wish to look beautiful.

Vanity is defined as excessive PRIDE in you abilities, achievements or appearance. WHICH MEANS CONCEIT!

Maybe after a millionth time you'll get it. who knows, time is infinite...let's see.

https://www.quora.com/If-vanity-is-...ccess-Is-that-what-excessive-pride-stands-for

Copying from answer : "Excessive pride occurs when you overvalue your assets and achievements, which usually leads to vanity. This is not the belief that you can accomplish more than others (unlike arrogance), but the belief that you are better than others thanks to what you have or do.

If you believe that your beauty, for example, makes you better than an ugly person, you are vain. If you are proud of how beautiful you are, but remember that it does not make you better or worse than anyone else, then you are proud without being excessively proud."

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which defines vanity as CONCEIT, not general wish to look beautiful.

Vanity is defined as excessive PRIDE in you abilities, achievements or appearance. WHICH MEANS CONCEIT!

Maybe after a millionth time you'll get it. who knows, time is infinite...let's see.

https://www.quora.com/If-vanity-is-...ccess-Is-that-what-excessive-pride-stands-for

Copying from answer : "Excessive pride occurs when you overvalue your assets and achievements, which usually leads to vanity. This is not the belief that you can accomplish more than others (unlike arrogance), but the belief that you are better than others thanks to what you have or do.

If you believe that your beauty, for example, makes you better than an ugly person, you are vain. If you are proud of how beautiful you are, but remember that it does not make you better or worse than anyone else, then you are proud without being excessively proud."
didnt-read.gif