Former QB Drew Brees got a hair transplant

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am sure he has at least 3-4000 grafts to distribute behind the frontal band to remain fullish looking. I think his frontal 1/3 was done with the 3.4k grafts which of course includes the forelock plus he has FUT option as well. For me, 2k grafts got a much thicker looking hairline but that's due to the nature of my hair being coarse.

I was watching this few days ago, can you believe just over 5k grafts and he got all that from being a total baldy before hand. Coarse hair literally is made for surgery and anyone who will see this guy, including date time or friends, will just see a thick head of hair. Even if it appears thin under lights, the hairs are thick and people won't think of balding as such as it looks so symmetrical and healthy @DoctorHouse Thoughts? I'm sure you know this happy go lucky lad since you spend time on there.

With finer hair it's so different especially with advanced loss. We had a member with finer hair and a weird big skull who looked worse off from the surgery, the images have been removed at his request (rightly so even if they were public, copyright remains) but they are on other platforms as can happen. Anyway the contrast is stark, prevention is key but especially if hair characteristics are not great.
His hair transplant looks good. If you have excellent hair characteristics like some wave and coarse hair and a good hair transplant doctor, you should get a good result.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
His hair transplant looks good. If you have excellent hair characteristics like some wave and coarse hair and a good hair transplant doctor, you should get a good result.

He styles it very well too, nice shiny product, that provides a slightly more youthful look much later in life or at the very least looks trendy. I think he'll grey late but with that hair type dye looks good. It's one of the reasons I stopped worrying for my hair, surgery is a cure with my hair type, sure it won't look like now but it will look his which is more than enough even for 20s/30s let alone beyond. Beyond, I think I'll always care but it won't matter in the same way, life just becomes different and we look different, totally okay with that transition.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
He styles it very well too, nice shiny product, that provides a slightly more youthful look much later in life or at the very least looks trendy. I think he'll grey late but with that hair type dye looks good. It's one of the reasons I stopped worrying for my hair, surgery is a cure with my hair type, sure it won't look like now but it will look his which is more than enough even for 20s/30s let alone beyond. Beyond, I think I'll always care but it won't matter in the same way, life just becomes different and we look different, totally okay with that transition.
I am just grateful to be told I look good for age. I still care how I look but I just don't dwell on the thought process as much as I used to. And hair does matter if you want to be perceived as looking good for your age.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am just grateful to be told I look good for age. I still care how I look but I just don't dwell on the thought process as much as I used to. And hair does matter if you want to be perceived as looking good for your age.

It does matter at any age but from my perspective; parties, early career stages, dating buzzes, pubs, family events, social media is the reason it matters way more earlier in life - that's just different in middle age no matter what someone says so for me it matters less after - then it's just for me I guess. Of course I always want to maintain it as full as possible and style it up which makes a big difference, transplants really are only good for hairline dense packs but with thick donor they can be good for all over. It changed my life around but there are diminishing returns with age just like going from Norwood 1.5 to -1, means nothing except to forum guys. Just need a medical normal hairline, symmetrical and Norwood 2 with decent thickness. Rest is just obsession.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% a transplant. The hairline is a giveaway if you look up close

Feel like he went to some random expensive guy without research. Transplants can fail or poor growth with anyone but the shape is way too straight and high without a peak. A doctor who was more of an artist could have got a better result. Still a big improvement though from before.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel like he went to some random expensive guy without research. Transplants can fail or poor growth with anyone but the shape is way too straight and high without a peak. A doctor who was more of an artist could have got a better result. Still a big improvement though from before.
I think he just decided to get a conservative hairline and density. Gotta think long term when it comes to the surgical route.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he just decided to get a conservative hairline and density. Gotta think long term when it comes to the surgical route.

I do agree about not overdoing it and thinking long term but a lowered peak is only a few hundred extra grafts. It could be due to his forehead shape/height making it harder for it to look good, or the hairstyle that is not allowing us to see it. Jordan Peterson's transplant got a bit of stick on here and on reviews by hairloss advisors that it was a bit artificial as incisions way too regular, high and straight, again the forehead doesn't help. It grew really well though, perhaps we overthink things as we know about hair but in 2018 or whenever he got it you can do better. Dr Baubac had one himself and it looks so natural in comparison and even Norwood spotters couldn't say for sure he had one - that's a sign of a perfect one.

@DoctorHouse who is a baubac fan boy

1635846718623.png

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong. They just move living hairs to a dying area.

lol, guess so.

I forgot to add Peterson also has parallel Norwood 7 sides (temple peak area) which weren't worked on.

When you do that area and gentle curve the hairline with angulated incisions, it looks almost as natural as before. Takes skill.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think she is that attractive and when she hits the wall she will hit hard.