Folligen

G

Re: questions

fro said:
How often can folligen be applied? On Dr. Pickart's website he recommends once in the evenings, 4-5 days a week. Could more possibly induce some kind of toxic reaction in the scalp? If copper peptides are completely safe, wouldn't it be better from a pharmacological perspective to apply it several times throughout the day?

I use it twice a day. I emailed Pickart, who said this was safe. I get better results from twice a day.

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, Bruce. How has folligen helped your male pattern baldness, besides helping with scalp inflammation?

G

fro said:
Hey, Bruce. How has folligen helped your male pattern baldness, besides helping with scalp inflammation?

Thickened up my hair signif, and reduced shedding by about 75%.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought Folligen lotion few weeks ago.
It says that it supposed to reduce scalp inflammation but in my case it's totally opposite. When I apply it, for next 5-10 min I experience an incredible stinging. I apply it to my receded hair line which is a little bit imfalmed from using Minoxidil with Retin A.
Why does it sting so much?

G

HairFreak said:
It says that it supposed to reduce scalp inflammation but in my case it's totally opposite. When I apply it, for next 5-10 min I experience an incredible stinging. I apply it to my receded hair line which is a little bit imfalmed from using Minoxidil with Retin A.

That stinging should subside a bit but it still can retain a bit of it. In my experience, the folligen will make your scalp very healthy, thicken up your hair and reduce shedding.

bombscience

Reaction score
HairFreak said:

Totally normal. This happened to me when I first started the treatment. Try to think of it like when you apply antibiotics to a cut and it stings for a second. You know it's going to help the healing process, and it does. After 6 weeks on folligen, it hardly stings anymore when I apply it, and I can take 2x a day Xandrox applications. So it will improve your scalp condition, just stick with it for a couple of weeks. As I remember the stinging lasted about 2-3 weeks and it still tingles a little bit ever so often.

wide_awake

Reaction score
Folligen alone

Hi All,

Been reading a lot of the posts and have certainly learnt a lot! Thanks!

Anyway, my hair has been thinning for the last few years and it's gotten to the point where I feel I need to start being more proactive about it. I still have most of my hair but it is starting to do the multiple hairline thing if I comb it poorly ... YIKES!!

A lot of the post seemed fairly positive about Folligen so I thought I'd give it a try. What I was wondering is if this is enough? Is there something you guys would recommend for preventative maintenance?

Thanks!

G

Re: Folligen alone

wide_awake said:
Hi All,

Anyway, my hair has been thinning for the last few years and it's gotten to the point where I feel I need to start being more proactive about it. I still have most of my hair but it is starting to do the multiple hairline thing if I comb it poorly ... YIKES!!

A lot of the post seemed fairly positive about Folligen so I thought I'd give it a try. What I was wondering is if this is enough? Is there something you guys would recommend for preventative maintenance?

Thanks!

Hard to know. Try it for say 3 months and take stock. You can add items over time if you are not pleased. For example, you can add minoxidil and nizoral shampoo, bot topicals. If those three dont make you happy, consider propecia etc.

I would recommend using the folligen therapy spray with a dropper, the shampoo and conditoner. Good stuff.

Good luck

wide_awake

Reaction score
Re: Folligen alone

BruceLee said:
wide_awake said:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Hard to know. Try it for say 3 months and take stock. You can add items over time if you are not pleased. For example, you can add minoxidil and nizoral shampoo, bot topicals. If those three dont make you happy, consider propecia etc.

I would recommend using the folligen therapy spray with a dropper, the shampoo and conditoner. Good stuff.

Good luck

Thanks Bruce ... I actually ordered the Folligen Lotion ... is the Shampoo & Conditioner worth the extravagent price compared to regular shampoo and conditioner? Do you think that using the Folligen Shampoo & Conditioner will help the lotion be more effective? I'm currently using Nizoral Shampoo and find that it does leave my scalp feeling fairly good ... but of course I have yet to use it with Folligen.

So I'm guessing that if everything goes well for me and I'm happy with the results that I'll be forever bound to the Folligen product line? Or is there some period where your body starts to adopt this new hair cycle on its own? (wishful thinking ?!?!?!?! :laugh: )

G

I like the shampoo and conditioner but cannot say that they make or break the program. I simply like how my hair looks and feels. ANd yes, like all hair loss products, you have to keep using them for life.

Good luck

xXx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Bruce how often do you use the Folligen shampoo and conditioner. Do you know any other good conditioner arnd (regular ones). and is it safe to use conditioner daily/?

Tx

G

wannawanna said:
Hey Bruce how often do you use the Folligen shampoo and conditioner. Do you know any other good conditioner arnd (regular ones). and is it safe to use conditioner daily/?

Tx

I use them every day that I dont use nizoral. Safe, I think so, but may "weigh down" hair and make it look limp.

There are plenty of good shampoos out there. Nioxin is very nice.

wide_awake

Reaction score
thks for the info Bruce ... I'll give Folligen Lotion a try with ordinary store bought shampoo & conditioner and let you guys know how good of a lab rat I make :freaked2:

G

wide_awake said:
thks for the info Bruce ... I'll give Folligen Lotion a try with ordinary store bought shampoo & conditioner and let you guys know how good of a lab rat I make :freaked2:

Good luck to you!

:rockon:

wide_awake

Reaction score
easier way to apply Folligen lotion?

Hi Everyone,

Just got Folligen lotion and am having a difficult time applying it ... now I know why some of you prefer the spray. But for those that have a 4 month supply of the lotion (ie ME), do you have any tips on how to better apply the lotion? Can you dilute it with water or apply it to wet hair? Or does this reduce effectiveness?

Thanks!

G

Re: easier way to apply Folligen lotion?

wide_awake said:
Hi Everyone,

Just got Folligen lotion and am having a difficult time applying it ... now I know why some of you prefer the spray. But for those that have a 4 month supply of the lotion (ie ME), do you have any tips on how to better apply the lotion? Can you dilute it with water or apply it to wet hair? Or does this reduce effectiveness?

Thanks!

email dr. Pickhard at skin biology. He is very good at getting back on questions.

I have never used the lotion so I haven't a clue.

wide_awake

Reaction score
I wrote to http://www.folligen.com/ or Skin Biology ... email address copperbeauty@earthlink.net, asking the same question I did here on the forum and this was the response I received :

Try to get it on your scalp and not your hair. We know it is not easy.
Most men use it at bedtime then shampoo in the morning.

The spray is easier to use.

Skin Biology

:roll:

Not exactly super helpful. So unless the good Doctor has a different email address and can offer better insight, I'm hoping someone on this forum can offer suggestions.

Thanks All!

G

I agree with everything stated in that response. Except I don't take any pains to try and keep it off my hair.

HairNewbie

Reaction score
Folligen a DHT blocker?

Hi, I noticed Folligen is listed as a DHT blocker. Is this true or does it just include minor ingredients that may block DHT? I'm asking because I'm going to start using 5% minoxidil and folligen and I don't really wanna add another step since this seems to be pretty tedious daily work.

Thanks!