Folligen

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
That is very interesting about the color change. I thought the whole color thing was the copper, not tons of fgreen/blue dye. I need to reorder in the next two weeks. What gives? Any indication on the site of a new formula?
Methinks they may have watered it down? Now what? I'd be interested to know if you see any changes, I know it's only been a few days, but please feel free to cheack in on the "new" folligen.

RE: shedding. As a woman, I think it's not so much the shedding I mind, there just doesn't seem to be the complementary regrowth.

Nicholas

Reaction score
no clue...

Well I´ve been using it for almost a week now and it stings just as good as before =) I think green colour is because of copper oxide (old statues u know) while blue colour is that of copper ions in solution. I´m confused but it feels like folligen to me (still burning and itching in a good way).
Let me know if you find something out :)

G

mariejoe said:
That is very interesting about the color change. I thought the whole color thing was the copper, not tons of fgreen/blue dye. I need to reorder in the next two weeks. What gives? Any indication on the site of a new formula?
Methinks they may have watered it down? Now what? I'd be interested to know if you see any changes, I know it's only been a few days, but please feel free to cheack in on the "new" folligen.

RE: shedding. As a woman, I think it's not so much the shedding I mind, there just doesn't seem to be the complementary regrowth.

I would jot Dr. Pickhart a note, He is very good about answering his emails.

:lol:

bombscience

Reaction score
mariejoe said:

Well here is something new:
http://www.folligen.com/folligenforblondes.html

bombscience

Reaction score
So I just placed my first folligen order. I grabbed some cream and spray. I'll probably use the spray nightly and the creme every 3rd day or so.

How have long term users faired with this product?

Thanks.

G

bombscience said:
So I just placed my first folligen order. I grabbed some cream and spray. I'll probably use the spray nightly and the creme every 3rd day or so.

Thanks.

I have used the shampoo and conditioner for years, on and off. One of my favorites for look and feel issues.

I have also used the spray for many years. I think it really helped in the pre-propecia days.

Good luck.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: New folligen look

Nicholas said:
Finally I got my spray bottle and the first thing I noticed was that the liquid it´s not green anymore!

Update: I received my Folligen on Friday just past. It looks the same color to me. Thank God.
Don't know what the problem was.

I got the Tricomin shampoo, too. Just to boost my shopping cart to get free shipping. Well, not exactly free, but I figure the shampoo was only $5.00 this way.
Anyhow, it's seems to work well. Nice smell.
They recommend using Tricomin spray after your hair dries. So, even though I use Folligen, I figure it's close and started using it in the A.M. on towel-dried hair, hist in the worst spots. And then the regular dose in the P.M.
Maybe it'll make some difference. :)

bombscience said:
I've used Folligen for six month. I still get periods of fairly heavy shedding, there is some regorwth. What hair is there is in good shape. My scalp also is finally healthy!!! (aftrer several outbreak of seb derm).

Good luck. And don't freak out if it TINGLES A BIT at first. :)

Nicholas

Reaction score
hmmm

Did you order it from skinbio.com? Maybe you got the older version...
Some pages that sell folligen now describes it as a blue solution. Well I guess it´s not a big deal anyway. It still stings like hell =)

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I got it from follica.com. Seems like their price is better? Anyhow, maybe I did get older stock. But, it does look dark blue, not green.
Oh well, as long as it works!! :)

bombscience

Reaction score
Re: New folligen look

mariejoe said:
I've used Folligen for six month. I still get periods of fairly heavy shedding, there is some regorwth. What hair is there is in good shape. My scalp also is finally healthy!!! (aftrer several outbreak of seb derm).

Good luck. And don't freak out if it TINGLES A BIT at first. :)

Yeah I am really interested in this helping me improve the health of my scalp. Do you use minoxidil? Would you reccomend trying to get my scalp adjusted to the Folligen or minoxidil first?

Thanks.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I tried it. but it's was 5 or so months ago. My scalp was in bad shape, and minoxidil 5% was making it worse, esp. with the Folligen use. I decided to stay w/the Folligen.
Also, I didn't want to hafta use minoxidil for the rest of my life, doesn't whatever gains you make fall out when you stop using it?

Right now, I'm into trying to find the cause, and maybe deal with that, rather than treat the symptom only. This may end up being a wild goose chase, but it keeps me from being depressed about this hair loss never going away.

OTOH, I'll bet now that my scalp is so much better, I could probably tolerate the monixidil. :) So, yeah, do the Folligen til your scalps seems better, go to the Minoxidil, see if your scalp likes it and go from there. If your scalp acts up, back off the minoxidil for awhile, etc.

Good luck!!!

bombscience

Reaction score
Folligen users:

I am trying to stick true to applying folligen every night. For the first 10 minutes it really feels funky, hurts, and then the burning subsides and it's rather soothing. I know this is "normal" but I was wondering how long it took you before this sensation subsided.

Also how many sprays do you normally apply?

I usually use lotion on my first 2 inches back from my hairline and spray the rest back with 5-7 sprays.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
After 6-7 months, some days it still tingles like hell in small areas. Some days, not at all.
I've taken to applying it in the a.m., after my shower. Towel dry my hair and apply. It's on all day, and since my hair is dark, it works well. I use the spray, BTW.
It's on the scalp many more hours and I spend more time massaging into my scalp, part of the morning routine.

I must say, I really wonder about it's REGROWTH worth. I think it stopped my shedding in January. I know it has regrown some, I get 1/2 to 1-1/2 inch fallout of new growth. Supposedly, it means I'm coming out of the resting phase!!
But, then, doing ATKINS, another shed started in early June and Folligen did not stop it. But, MAYBE it lessened the severity of the shed. I'll never know.

But I still use it. Hair and scalp feel healthier. :rockon:

xXx

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Guy where to buy this folligen stuff, is it available in stores like savon or walgreens?

Thanks

xXx

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you Bruce lee. Which one is the best Lotion or sprayer, Does sparyer has same concentration of copper-p too?

Thanks

G

wannawanna said:
thank you Bruce lee. Which one is the best Lotion or sprayer, Does sparyer has same concentration of copper-p too?

Thanks

I always have used the spray as it is easier to apply to scalp. Both have very high concernatations of C-- Dr. Pickhard can tell you if one is higher than another. He answers his emails so feel free.

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
questions

How often can folligen be applied? On Dr. Pickart's website he recommends once in the evenings, 4-5 days a week. Could more possibly induce some kind of toxic reaction in the scalp? If copper peptides are completely safe, wouldn't it be better from a pharmacological perspective to apply it several times throughout the day?