Follica touts cure for baldness

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sounds like some people are already doing that kind of thing..see the dermaroller thread..

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Playing with my emotions.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is a summery of why we get these stories

20090830.gif

it's either this, or marketing for investment

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I'm with you guys..but this could be different this time...we're seeing hair growing back by homegrown methods with dermarolling...add in real research, real money, real scientists to the fray, on the same track with this whole wounding thing and you gotta be optimistic...

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I said this early on the dermarolling thread but do a search on here for needling or wounding and you'll find there's nothing new in these trials. I first used a dermaroller in 2008 ffs.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the dermarolling back then used primarily to increase absorption rather than for the wounding effect?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
yes... I don't think anyone was dermarolling to this extreme..it was about needling enough to let more minoxidil to break the skin...I never needled like this...

...there are lasers in this world than can blow an airplane out of the sky...i think lasers will be in-play to do the wounding...I think we're on to something here

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Check the old search results for yourselves.

When I first srarted it had nothing to do with absorbtion, it was to increase collagen production, I'm an impressive NW5 atm, back then I was just thinning.

I'm not trying to **** on this but just want togive new readers a heads up.

Do searches for needling, wounding and dermaroller, I'm not sure how far back the search goes but youll find lots of useful info.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/25114-docj007-increasing-collagen-and-breaking-up-fibrosis?highlight=needling

The second bottom thread when searching needling, 2006, check the others, we have 7 years of threads on this for info.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think eventually something like this that no one expected will just pop up and be a huge game changer. That being said I put zero confidence in the media after the pgd-2 cure in 2 years stories that were from many reliable media sources. Im not believing anything for sure until I see it actually done in a real reliable journal with published results. The PGD 2 thing never saw any error corrections, retractions or anything to correct what must have been a mistake. I still want CB 03 01 because anything else like this is going to be expensive make no mistake about that.
That being said I doubt dermarolling works exactly like what they are purposing and the devil is always in the details if you do slight things wrong you may get no or little results. They say its removing the whole layer of skin to get stem cell like cells underneath and then some kind of topical that switches those into growing hair. Its not gonna be cheap and you cant do that on your own.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...It won't be cheap...so why are you surprised by that?? ...

...as far as I'm concerned, there is only one way to get back cosmetically acceptable results and that's hair transplant...Anything that can fill in the top and back without hair transplant is bonus...hair transplant to do the frontal area..

...so let's not crap on Follica....also let's not debunk what's going on in the dermaroller thread...if you're a NW5 now from just thinning, and you hardcore needled once/week and minoxidil each day, then state that...but I doubt you did that so, please, compare apples to apples...

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
At no point have I said it doesn't work sparx and I haven't claimed my own experience as gospel. I did say however- search these forums for the terms needling, wounding etc and then come back and tell what's new in the latest dermaroller studies. As far as I can tell, its all been done before by users on here. Have you searched the old topics sparx?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
someone UK is spot on. very funny figure.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
At no point have I said it doesn't work sparx and I haven't claimed my own experience as gospel. I did say however- search these forums for the terms needling, wounding etc and then come back and tell what's new in the latest dermaroller studies. As far as I can tell, its all been done before by users on here. Have you searched the old topics sparx?

Nope, I didn't...I'm just going off the Indian study, or whatever it was...But at the end of the day, I don't think anyone has done it the way Follica will be doing it...seems pretty involved and advanced...

...the statement from Follica seems pretty cocky...they say they breezed through clinical trials and seem pretty confident...they're basically saying that minoxidil and finasteride's day's are numbered as the only kids on the block

Sparky4444

Reaction score
If you dont know the recent history of wounding/needling you cannot put the most recent study into context.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...point-to-cure-for-baldness?highlight=needling

heres a folica study from 6 years ago, claiming treatment is 5 years away lol

Didn't see anything in that link at all to help putting things into context at all...maybe you can point it out..

So 6 years ago Follica said they were 5 years away?? So if they're getting close to releasing, then they're 1+ year off target....I wouldn't think that's very bad at all

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing if it turns out to be true that Follica's mega-treatment won't require FDA approval as such because it uses off-the-shelf treatments and materials. I hope we don't have to wait too long for it, as of all the stuff in the pipeline, Follica is most likely to be 'it', IMO.