Follica touts cure for baldness

resu

Reaction score
The comments on that site make me want to smash my screen, "the cure for baldness is to shave your head"? Oh really?? "Save money for therapy instead of treatments"? "How sad that there are possible treatments for baldness"? "In a few decades the notion of "curing" baldness will sound as stupid as "curing" homosexuality." WOW ... who..who are these people?

Whatever c*nts!! At least Follica seems really confident about it, time to start saving.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
sparx the important thing in that link is the date, go check out the hundreds of threads going back years on dermarolling, once you have seen the volume of experimentation/variation in testing you'll see why I can't go through it all for you.

I'm as hopefull as anyone something comes along but its unlikely to be anything we'll be able to do on our own in our bathrooms, or else it would've happened already.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
BB, have you thought about getting out the old derma roller and trying the protocol suggested by the Indian study?

- - - Updated - - -

The comments on that site make me want to smash my screen, "the cure for baldness is to shave your head"? Oh really?? "Save money for therapy instead of treatments"? "How sad that there are possible treatments for baldness"? "In a few decades the notion of "curing" baldness will sound as stupid as "curing" homosexuality."
Sounds like my GP, reused me finasteride for hairloss on 4 occasions now and accused me of being mentally ill somehow for wanting to have useable hair.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Why are people so cynical about this? Its a new article recently posted so sounds like it could be something really good coming out soon.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone here willing to directly inquire Follica when this treatment will be available, and post the response here?

Also, did anyone find or does anyone have access to the Phase I and II results? Follica claims that these phases are already complete, and usually they are made public to get investors.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I will never believe the media ever again so I need to see something concrete verse just the usual hype story/lies we get all the time. That being said good news is better then no news and eventually male pattern baldness will be toast its just a question of when. I doubt this will be it, but who knows really.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
If you compare what's coming out of the Replicel camp versus what's come out of the Follica camp, you can toss Replicel in with the L'Oreal camps...Follica, based on their progress and claims, they are light years ahead...Follica is going to bring something...like I said, we're seeing guys dermarolling themselves to death, but are seeing regrowth in 5 weeks...you would have to assume Follica can do that and more

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Follica is the best hope, because Cotsarelis. IMO.

I think people should give up on the "one hope" and accept the fact that if we want to get cosmetically acceptable results, we'll need to supplement things like Follica with hair transplant...unless our hairloss isn't as advanced

abcdefg

Reaction score
A new recently dated article like posted here saying they say they have are close to releasing a real treatment is something yet I dont see it really being talked about it anywhere. It feels like something like this will just pop out of nowhere and then everyone will start talking about it after the fact. This might not be it, but eventually something will be.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hoppefully sooner then later :/

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...this is the frustrating thing -- when is "soon"?? No word when they're targeting going to market...if they say 2015, screw that -- unless they're releasing some damn good results

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I think people should give up on the "one hope" and accept the fact that if we want to get cosmetically acceptable results, we'll need to supplement things like Follica with hair transplant...unless our hairloss isn't as advanced
... or diffuse, like mine is, as are many other people's male pattern baldness. I mean, for someone in the same situation as me, a hair transplant is next to useless. Yes, for me, it could strengthen my own NW2 hairline, or take it to a NW1, but can do nothing for my visible loss of density all over. Well, not unless I let myself go slick NW6 bald and there's some kind of infinite donor regeneration/follicle cloning out by then. Which is not a logical route of action.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
... or diffuse, like mine is, as are many other people's male pattern baldness. I mean, for someone in the same situation as me, a hair transplant is next to useless. Yes, for me, it could strengthen my own NW2 hairline, or take it to a NW1, but can do nothing for my visible loss of density all over. Well, not unless I let myself go slick NW6 bald and there's some kind of infinite donor regeneration/follicle cloning out by then. Which is not a logical route of action.

Follica for your top and back, hair transplant for your front..it will work...and the scarless technique Dr. Wesley is coming out with should be better

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats pure speculation. Nobody knows how well, or how poorly Follica's method works. Nobody. Not until we know for sure we can replicate their method to the T, everything assumed by them is more than likely false. I've mentioned this before but we need to move forward with trialing experiments to replicate follica; get wound harshly, inject FGF-9, use whichever specific type of lithium they used, inject, etc.

Here's a link where you can get a small amount of FGF-9 for $50. Wound your scalp, inject that and see what happens;

http://www.prospecbio.com/FGF9_Human_2/?gclid=CM3u6paR1LkCFahcMgodXEUA1A

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I guess I'm saying is that for me, primary focus is to get my front and top's covered with hair transplant's...then deal with the vertex and back with something, somehow to give some kind of coverage...

That's my exit strategy

resu

Reaction score
For diffuse thinning anything is welcomed, my hairline isn't great but I only care about my midscalp and vertex, like Kirby said hair transplant isn't even an option for some of us. Follica is on to the wound theory since 2007 if not earlier, they said recently that they breezed trials, that sounds really hopeful, for once we have something positive to look forward to.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
For diffuse thinning anything is welcomed, my hairline isn't great but I only care about my midscalp and vertex, like Kirby said hair transplant isn't even an option for some of us. Follica is on to the wound theory since 2007 if not earlier, they said recently that they breezed trials, that sounds really hopeful, for once we have something positive to look forward to.

I think with scarless FUE by Dr. Wesley, hair transplant for diffuse thinners might be a better option....go to his website and look at how he compares traditional FUE with his FUE...They'll be able to thread the needle a lot better...