Follica News Positive Topline Results

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, because you’ve had such an amazing track record up until this point. :rolleyes: How’s that Brotzu FAQ reading now?

The same as it did when I wrote it. It answered all the "frequently-asked questions" using all available information that had a source at the time. Because that was the point.

The only personal opinion/prediction/whatever I put in the FAQ was this:

Q: Should I start finasteride and minoxidil now, or just wait for this and Tsuji?

A: You never know how bad your hair is going to get and how quickly - do not delay in treating it with the only two FDA approved medications. Contrary to all the scare-mongering on the internet, your junk probably won't fall off, you probably won't grow man boobs or get brain-AIDS and you probably won't pee a hole through the toilet like the Alien's blood. The drugs have an excellent safety profile, but be sure to speak with your doctor about any concerns you may have.

It's still a few years before Tsuji saves the world, so fight the good fight until then.

You're so desperate to always one-up me — that's the reason for your entire pathetic existence it seems — that you actually come to truly believe your own lies.

Get a hobby or something

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
The same as it did when I wrote it. It answered all the "frequently-asked questions" using all available information that had a source at the time. Because that was the point.

The only personal opinion/prediction/whatever I put in the FAQ was this:

You're so desperate to always one-up me — that's the reason for your entire pathetic existence it seems — that you actually come to truly believe your own lies.

Get a hobby or something

The fact that you took the time to make a FAQ indicates that you took it seriously. And you posted plenty in the thread itself talking it up and drumming up anticipation.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that you took the time to make a FAQ indicates that you took it seriously. And you posted plenty in the thread itself talking it up and drumming up anticipation.

Lol really scraping the barrel now, aren't we?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
jack-nicholson-humor-14.jpg

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to raise some noteworthy points about Follica's leaked clinical trial data.

1. The image on slide 3 shows that the wound death they imagine is not drastically deeper than epidermis depth/thickness. I would guess epidermis depth + 30%, max +50%.
  2. They heavily rely on quorum sensing in their reasoning. It might very well be that quorum sensing depends on live and active follicles which can send out the distress signal for regeneration to their neighborhood. This might or might not mean that Follica will only work in diffusely thinning areas, but not in fully receded areas (like the temples).
  3. Interestingly enough, Follica assumes a certain dermaneedling protocol superior to MDA and to DA.
  4. MDA and DA were effective at neogenesis at depths below 0.25 mm.
  5. A suggested alternative to minoxidil was lithium gluconate.
  6. Frequency for effective treatment seems to be one dermaneedling session once every two to three months (hair count drops again after 3 months). Maybe needling too often resets the inflammatory process to 0 whereas the follicle neogenesis happens only after x weeks (given the right driver for Wnt, e.g. minoxidil or lithium gluconate).
  7. Needling density seems to be the key: "Relationship between wounding density (aggressiveness) & area to induce regeneration."
  8. Density being key is also supported by the last slide, which establishes a relation between wound intensity (defined as depth x density) and regeneration. DA was listed as high intensity and effective. Given that we know that DA operates at very shallow depths (0.25 mm), the other intensity factor is obviously density.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that lithium gluconate is probably more effective than minoxidil. They already trialed it in one of their earlier studies - I guess this will be the new drug (or drug component) that they will attempt to get FDA cleared once their device with minoxidil has been approved. Maybe it'll even be minoxidil + lithium gluconate.

Another thought I had in the meantime:
Maybe one of the differences between successful and unsuccessful needling is that successful ones needled their whole scalp? If we assume that the distress signal (which triggers recovery) is sent out from healthy follicles to their proximity (less than 2 cm), then it is not most effective (or maybe not even sufficient) to just needle affected areas. Adjacent healthy areas would also need to be needled so they can send out the distress signal for recovery to the fully bald areas.
And maybe, just maybe, one can even regrow lost temples this way. First you needle the area closest to your hairline and also at least two cm into your hairline. Do this for several sessions, each 2 months apart. Then, over time, you will recover a small strip close to your original hairline. Once this one is sufficiently recovered, you can use this partly recovered strip (which is now also capable of sending the distress/repair signal) to recover areas even lower than that.
And so on, and so forth.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking. Either way, needling healthy areas might be important for triggering the regrowth signal. Or it might not be, but it's at least something to consider. We should try to find out whether successful needlers (numbers guy, Alex/Somebody, Chen, MyThinningConfidence, and so on) needled only affected areas or also adjacent areas. I think that nobody documented this aspect of their regimen so far but it might play a role.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lithium Gluconate was a failure. They thought it could enhace wnt activity but it didnt work in trials.

Follica even got better results with derma abrasion alone.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There has never been any reason to think Follica's deal would not work on temples.

Testing (anything) on the temples is simply not reliable. Show me 10 guys with hair loss, and I will probably show you at least 5-6 different patterns & speeds of temple recession. This is a PITA for researchers to work with.

Once your crown starts visibly thinning, that's it - it's going to keep progressing at a steady rate. It makes sense to test baldness treatments there. With the existing drugs, the research does not say "this only works on the crown." It says "this was only tested on the crown." Big difference.

The temples are the hardest to regrow but it's a matter of degree. The same thing is happening to the follicles that happens everywhere else you go bald.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find the leaked Follica results pdf? I think it was shared on this site a few months ago but I can no longer find it.