Follica News Positive Topline Results

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Across all three treatment arms, the overall improvement of visible (non-vellus) hair count after three months of treatment was 29% compared to baseline (p < 0.001, n = 48)"

--> 29% in 3 months... that is still super high when compared to current treatments. This is super encouraging as they will only retain the most efficient arm for phase 3 I suppose.

"A single non-severe event (headache) was determined to be related to use of the drug and is in line with minor side effects seen from treatment with the approved drug alone"

--> Eventually confirms we are talking about Minoxidil

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I am out.

It could be me over-interpreting or misunderstanding.

I just meant there used to be a debate: Follica talked about "device + exisiting drug", then scraped the word "exisiting" and it pushed people to speculate whether it could be some new drug under approval. With this press release, I believe they are making it clearer (though not clearing stating it is minoxidil). It could be some other drugs of course but one would have strong reasons to believe it is minoxidil.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys...I dont speak English very well..

"Phase 3 registration study initiation expected in first half of 2020"
means that they will finish phase 3 trial and submit to the FDA for approval in June of 2020 ??

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This process of hair follicle neogenesis involves minimal daily interruption and is enhanced through the application of a topical compound as part of the treatment regimen following HFN.

Great, so if they have plans for abonding their own topical, then i don't see a need for this. For me it looks like a minoxidil 2.0 with additional expenses i form of follica.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys...I dont speak English very well..

"Phase 3 registration study initiation expected in first half of 2020"
means that they will finish phase 3 trial and submit to the FDA for approval in June of 2020 ??

no, it means that they have a timeline, and nothing else.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A rather lack luster response is this not the biggest news in the history of this forum? something im missing? 44% 29% both of these numbers are a cure for me and ive been losing hair since the 90S hell id take 15%

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is great news about results.. But now I’m pissed the f*** off... They said initiation of pivotal trial end of Q4 2019 now it’s by first half of 2020 for f*** sake this company is going to take 40 years to release their f*****g treatment

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So apparently mild, daily wounding is where it's at. Somebody had it right all along.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...inasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/
I personally tried it on half of my temple at .25mm for 8 days, and that small section seemed to do better than the other half of my temple.

It really sucks that we have to wait until they do phase III to find out the exact protocol. 44% in three months without finasteride is simply amazing. Add in a 5-ARI and this is close to a cure.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
A rather lack luster response is this not the biggest news in the history of this forum? something im missing? 44% 29% both of these numbers are a cure for me and ive been losing hair since the 90S hell id take 15%

Lucky you. You've been losing hair a lot longer than me, but I've lost 80% of my density, so I need 500% to cure me.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lucky you. You've been losing hair a lot longer than me, but I've lost 80% of my density, so I need 500% to cure me.
From what i seen of microneedling when people find the correct/working protocol for them people with fresher density loss recover better than slow smooth receders hopefully this will work for both .
Tho im not waiting im doing a light shallow daily somebody / heavy biweekly shallow till we get more info otherwise

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling and minoxidil. Nice.
alot of 2019s medical techniques use the same tools more efficiently than in a 1950s technique. fue is just a hair plug but different technique they just changed dimensions

Last edited:

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So apparently mild, daily wounding is where it's at. Somebody had it right all along.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...inasteride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/
I personally tried it on half of my temple at .25mm for 8 days, and that small section seemed to do better than the other half of my temple.

It really sucks that we have to wait until they do phase III to find out the exact protocol. 44% in three months without finasteride is simply amazing. Add in a 5-ARI and this is close to a cure.
I really do not understand the 'daily interruption' part though. I thought that they would only bring a device to use in-office to the market for skin disruption

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bummer is that we don't know whether these results can be maintained or even compounded over a longer period, since their phase 3 trial will also be short