Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica: Hair Follicle Neogenesis Device + Minoxidil

Update: Interview tomorrow morning, so questions closed 7pm EDT today. Thanks everyone.

Follica is reportedly working on a wounding device that works in combination with a growth stimulant (minoxidil?) for the treatment of male pattern balding in men, and potentially thinning hair in women.

Please see the (currently empty but soon to be full) page dedicated to ongoing updates on this project in the New Research Pipeline we put live in 2016: Follica Hair Follicle Neogenesis Device

HairLossTalk.com has finally received a response from Follica after months of reaching out without reply, and they have agreed to meet with someone representing the site at the upcoming AAD Meeting in Orlando Florida. @DoctorHouse will be attempting to coordinate a meeting with the Follica rep, and present your questions to them.

He will not be able to attend the meeting itself or see/record the content of it, due to restrictions on the type of attendees. Please ask any questions you'd like to see answered from Follica during the interview.

Last edited:

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you can add a deadline? And with upcoming event in Orlando Florida you mean the event in a few months?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are some of the obvious questions:

1) When can we expect to see this treatment on the market? Best and worst case.

2) What have they seen in terms of efficacy so far. Is the treatment more/less effective depending on how advanced ones alopecia is?

3) Is the compound they have been experimenting with minoxidil? Are they working on something else?

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Can we expect this product after its launch in the USA to be launched globally in Europe (Poland, Germany, France)?
2. How many treatments (wounding sessions) are required to observe noticeable results?
3. Is it an ongoing treatmen, like finasteride and will we need to repeat the wounding process from time to time and apply the compound every day for life?
4. Can it reverse hair miniatiurization, if yes to what extent?
5. Are new hairs which are created permanent and do they resist factors like DHT?

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.) Concerning hair density: How many terminal hairs can we expect (hairs per
square centimeter)

2.) Are the new terminal hairs comparable to our original hair that we had before hair loss - regarding thickness and colour.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some more obvious ones:
- is there any contra indication to use it if you had a hair transplant?
- could the device + minoxidil combo work also in the scalp zones that have been bald for a significant amount of years?
- does it work better in some zones of the scalp rather than others?
- any pricing or marketing ideas so far?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

br1

Reaction score
What if I am currently using Finasteride and/or Min. Any counter indications?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Could the process work on scars i.e., donor FUE or FUT

I'd stress that you're representing a community of hair loss folks that are incourage with Follicas process but feel in the dark and need hope. Maybe a tweet, instragram or something every few months.

Good luck!

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
How does the product's efficacy compare to minoxidil + propecia? Is it worse, better, or the same efficacy as minoxidil + propecia?

Last edited:

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) More specifically, how does the mechanism work? What is the "stimulation" required to induce hair growth, and how can affect a vasodilator like Minoxidil (part of the used compound) the inducement of a process which will lead to the creation of a very complex structure such as the hair bulb, instead of "normal" skin?

2) How many times in a month shall we be wounding ourselves? Is the dermatologist's first wound strictly required, or can we just buy the device and start the treatment? If negative, how do you plan to launch the device to make it available for dermatologists all around the world, since without that first wound, we would be unable to start the treatment... ?

3) Exactly, what are the 'ingredients' of the compound? Is it just minoxidil? What percentage?

4) What can we expect in terms of density? Wounding ourselves constantly over the years, following strictly the indications, will lead anywhere close to full density?

5) For what kind of Androgenetic Alopecia is this treatment created? Does a "receder" benefit more than a "thinner"? Is there anything like "shock loss" induced by wounding?

Many thanks.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like mine will be obvious but just going to list them in case it helps

1. quality and quantity of hair expected from the in office treatment followed up by the home topical and expected time line for new growth?

2. follow up in office treatments needed--and if so how often?

3. is this something only dermatologist will offer in office or are hair transplant surgeons also may be licensing?

4. Does the new growth respond more in various areas of the scalp--and/or various levels of hair loss (nor woos stages)?

5. Is there any significant difference in the outcome with women vs men in new growth?

6. Cost? (aprox or comparable too.)

7. In office availability time line they expect?

8. who is a candidate? Everyone?

9. do the topicals have any systemic side effects? (if not minoxidil?)

10. Can we see photos or any data? If not is there a 'reason' they are so quiet?

11. Does the at home device have a derma-rolling aspect OR is it just a topical container that dispenses.

Use what you want/dont want :) good luck. IF, any seem redundant sorry.

If i think of more i will throw up.

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Will it be possible to buy the product without doing an operation at the institute? ( All aroung the world )

B

bekeero

Greetings
We all believe in the developments follica company to treat baldness /
When we will sell the product in the market?
What is the cost of the product and how to use it?
What about the most important discoveries of Dr. George Cotsarelis about (fgf9) On the other hand regarding (pgd2)?

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about those who are bad responders (to Minoxidil)? Is this treatment going to work only on good responders since it has Minoxidil in it?

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
One point: I honestly don't mind you say Follica has been failed already, what I will be most frustrated is you throw out a timeline but you keep being delay and delay, play with our hope and we need to beg your update and are kept in the dark without knowing our fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.