Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a few hours post 1st attempt at the protocol and although I look like I have mild sunburn it's not as red as I expected.

Did the patent or any of their studies suggest just how red our scalps should be?

I'm wondering if we just can't quite match what they've achieved with a Derminator 2, and doing this weekly instead of every two weeks might be required to achieve the same benefits?

Or maybe I need to use a deeper setting, but really 0.75mm on fast was about as much torture as I can handle!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
The studies say mild erythema. I've done it until I was beet red, but it had mostly faded after 24 hours

I'd definitely describe what I had as mild, it's be great if they had some images but obviously that's not something they'll have put out there unfortunately.

So hard to know if you're doing it right isn't it!

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it's Nizoral brand, doesn't say the % on the bottle.

It should be on the bottle next to the nizoral brand name and listed in the product composition. I can tell you really are aware of what you are using

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
It should be on the bottle next to the nizoral brand name and listed in the product composition. I can tell you really are aware of what you are using

Yeah but it doesn't and I know this because I checked the whole bottle three times because it didn't appear to be listed.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it even say ketoconazole on the bottle? Which country are you buying it from? If it doesn't say anything then it's probably not a good sign.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it even say ketoconazole on the bottle? Which country are you buying it from? If it doesn't say anything then it's probably not a good sign.

Yes it does, it's Nizoral which is the brand name for keto shampoo in this country.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, anyone got good result in the crown/vertex area? Mid-Long hair? i am ready to start the protocol but not sure haha
thanks a lot

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to test out the 'don't apply min until 24 hours after needling' theory last night, applying it about 8 hours after finishing my session... I can report back that indeed it is a BAD idea to apply it so soon after. I couldn't sleep properly, felt weird, like bad anxiety but almost light headed with it.

I have applied immediately after rolling with my derma rolling and was totally fine, but I think the wounding clearly is much more intense with a den or D2, and as a result the systemic absorption is much higher.

Definitely won't be doing that again!!!

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but it doesn't and I know this because I checked the whole bottle three times because it didn't appear to be listed.

The concentration has to be declared by law. If it doesn't give a percentage it'll give you a number in mg/g

Ya blind

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
The concentration has to be declared by law. If it doesn't give a percentage it'll give you a number in mg/g

Ya blind

I normally buy a larger bottle from the chemist, but the last one I bought from Amazon for the first time and it's a tiny bottle so i'd imagine the % was on the packaging. This one might be different to what I normally bought from the chemist so probably makes no difference anyway. Just checked though an it's 20mg/g, but like I said it doesn't mean the one I normally bought from the chemist was ‍♂️

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had problem sleeping with anything I applied topical maybe because I take Melatonin 3mg before bedtime which is good for hair too. I use VPA & minoxidil right after. I don't see the point of waiting if wounding takes 12-24 hours to close again. Folks here seem to be super sensitive to stuff that would not even kill a mosquito.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica even tested the serum levels of minoxidil when applied immediately after wounding, and they never rose above safe levels.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had problem sleeping with anything I applied topical maybe because I take Melatonin 3mg before bedtime which is good for hair too. I use VPA & minoxidil right after. I don't see the point of waiting if wounding takes 12-24 hours to close again. Folks here seem to be super sensitive to stuff that would not even kill a mosquito.

Interesting comment around taking melatonin, are you taking it for hair loss and do you feel as if it's doing anything for you?

Reason for asking is Triple Hair's upcoming topical TH16 is: Resveratrol + Melatonin

Last edited:

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score

I take melatonin too, plus CBD and Magnesium... But then again I have quite bad sleep problems on normal nights anyway.

My body definitely reacted negatively to applying minoxidil, I can't say how it'll affect others, but it was quite pronounced and not something I'll be doing again.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like anxiety because you were worried about what would happen from doing it.

Nah, I suffered from anxiety in the past extremely badly hence the CBD oil I now take... I wasn't worried at all about taking minoxidil soon after needling, had a definite physical reaction to the systemic absorption