Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my the reports on this forum and others, it's a lot more likely that it works better on diffuse thinners

I don't think this protocol works on scalps that are bald like an egg. I don't even know if they dared experimenting on higher Norwood but you are welcome to keep trying...

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica's deal is actually quite promising for bald skin IMO. Wounding is the only treamtment or drug that has a history of creating new hairs on shiny scalp skin. As in, new (not revived) hairs that are terminal (not vellus).

rcom440

Reaction score
I wish Bryan Shelton was still alive with us. He would love this thread.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Satchel

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's depressing to read stuff that was written back 6 years ago with the optimistic view of some that things would be cured anytime soon.
I have been diffuse thinning since 1986. Wrap your head around that. I've seen some real crap over the years. Back when I started thinning they had 30 minute infomercials for basically polysorbate 80. From all the things I have read recently, they seem to know that it is a communication problem between stem cells that really cause the follicle to shrink. Whatever causes it on some higher level (DHT, dermal sheath contraction, or whatever) in the end probably won't matter. They seem to be close to determining targets to turn the communication back on. With the hair follicle neogenesis, they certainly are on the path to bring bald people's hair back. The Follica protocol we are trying seems to be a stop gap before they release a secret sauce of wounding plus chemical/s (which Follica probably doesn't know yet). Based on research it appears to do some good for lots of test subjects. Not sure I can save what I have left of my hair, but in the future I really believe that I can get my hair back if I care any more. But not with polysorbate 80.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
It's depressing to read stuff that was written back 6 years ago with the optimistic view of some that things would be cured anytime soon.

I've been a lurker since 2007 in hair loss forums and this is the bleakest I've seen them. I would say people got more realistic, but I would point it to a series of problems

- A drought in research. There's been nothing new published in a while, I think old timers remember how the tone of hair loss forums changed with the PGD2 theory, there was a rush of optimism, increased experimentation and the start of the shitposting types coming in
- Everything that could be tried has already been tried, yes, some people are good responders to some treatments, but people already noticed that after decades of experimentation. We need consistency of results, otherwise, we've seen the same stuff with dozens of treatments. It tells you a lot that the usual snake oil salesmen can't even find something new for gullible people to try
- Everyone failed miserably, the ones that still stand (like Histogen, Follica, Breezula) don't seem to offer the revolutionary treatments people were expecting 10 years ago

From what I gather, only Tsuji and Tissuse seem to still offer hope they will release something that might be worth getting excited about, but there are no trials and evidence to back it up. They could end up being another Aderans

rcom440

Reaction score

EDIT: link to the article for those of you who are feeling nostalgic. RIP Bryan.

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/rip-bryan-shelton-hair-loss-researcher-extraordinaire/

I remember when people were saying Dr. Proctor and Bryan Shelton were the same person. They looked nothing alike except for the fact they were both bald.
I also remember all those posts about cure in 2012.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a newcomer to the party. What's horrifying to me is the large number of companies and people out there trying to make a buck out of the desperation of folks seeking to get back their confidence. You can't basically trust no one in this business. Even doctors are scrooges trying to squeeze their patients like lemon. Disgusting really.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember when people were saying Dr. Proctor and Bryan Shelton were the same person. They looked nothing alike except for the fact they were both bald.
I also remember all those posts about cure in 2012.

cant forget about the Italian hair loss lotion (Brotzu) everyone expected to release and cure hair loss in 2015. That thread reached 1000+ pages until it fell through in 2019 when Trinov was a bust.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
cant forget about the Italian hair loss lotion (Brotzu) everyone expected to release and cure hair loss in 2015. That thread reached 1000+ pages until it fell through in 2019 when Trinov was a bust.

Go to the Brotzu thread on this forum and admire the fact that people are still willing to buy that crap. If folks are willing to spend their cash on stuff written snake oil all over, you can't just blame the ones who are selling it.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's very possible. But also I don't see how the follica protocol will suddenly result in noticeable improvements after needling for over a year previously with nothing to show for it.

Well if you were not doing it right and then you start doing it right I can see how it might make a difference.

Here’s hoping they launch something soon so we can get some kind of closure on it :)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is quite a bit different. Brozu was not funded anywhere near the amount Follica have been funded.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to the Brotzu thread on this forum and admire the fact that people are still willing to buy that crap. If folks are willing to spend their cash on stuff written snake oil all over, you can't just blame the ones who are selling it.
Some people are dumb bro

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I may qualify as such. When I started last year I bought some stuff which would seriously make you question my IQ level today. What I found disheartening is the number of fake stuff that you can buy for hair loss treatment. Let's keep calling those out for the benefit of the community.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is quite a bit different. Brozu was not funded anywhere near the amount Follica have been funded.

What does that even mean or matter? The best scammers will raise money from rich dumb f***s out there. Have you read the book "Bad Blood" about Theranos? Sometimes the biggest scams are the hardest to flag.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 3 months in and I see many, many more baby hairs in my temple. Unfortunately the picture quality is bad, however, there were you see the yellow circle are new ones whereas two weeks ago it was blank in this area.

The big question is: how to turn baby hair into real hair - any advice welcome
20200505_231805.jpg