Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool yes but you know what the difference is? you don't use ibuprofen twice a day every day for years. you use a little bit of it for a short period of time and then you're done with it for the most part.

I personally would have to use minoxidil like a freaking shampoo on my whole scalp because I'm diffused all over. it's not gonna be just a little bit on my temples in my case.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's how most people use it. It's actually not marketed for frontotemporal hair even though it works on it. I understand the reluctance, minoxidil messes up my skin too. I wouldn't use it by itself, but in combination with other treatments it's capable of fully restoring your crown. For that I think it's worth it.

it is known that minoxidil loses its potency after few years of use and stops working as well, for that I don't see how it's worth risking the skin of my face for only a few years of better hair, not to mention having minoxidil on your head daily makes your hair constantly oily and just nasty really.

I probably would never hop on minoxidil, maybe finasteride tho. probably too late for me anyway my diffuse is so advanced that even if I took finasteride and my hair loss stops, my current hair is so bad that taking a drug to keep it the way it is, is probably not worth it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is known that minoxidil loses its potency after few years of use and stops working as well, for that I don't see how it's worth risking the skin of my face for only a few years of better hair, not to mention having minoxidil on your head daily makes your hair constantly oily and just nasty really.

I probably would never hop on minoxidil, maybe finasteride tho. probably too late for me anyway my diffuse is so advanced that even if I took finasteride and my hair loss stops, my current hair is so bad that taking a drug to keep it the way it is, is probably not worth it.

Minoxidil doesn't stop working. After two-three years the minoxidil rescued hairs shed, then they come back as long as you're still on minoxidil. Using minoxidil in combination with AAs and microneedling may allow you to reverse hair loss to a degree that you won't need to keep using minoxidil. It's never too late. Diffuse thinners are the best responders, and can fully recover their diffuse crowns. If people can go from NW7 to nearly NW1 with treatment then you as a diffuse thinner have it relatively easy.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil doesn't stop working. After two-three years the minoxidil rescued hairs shed, then they come back as long as you're still on minoxidil. Using minoxidil in combination with AAs and microneedling may allow you to reverse hair loss to a degree that you won't need to keep using minoxidil. It's never too late. Diffuse thinners are the best responders, and can fully recover their diffuse crowns. If people can go from NW7 to nearly NW1 with treatment then you as a diffuse thinner have it relatively easy.

my problem is not only my crown, my whole scalp is diffused, crown, mid scalp, front scalp, everything, and my hairline is greatly damaged as well. I have the worst type of hair loss I'm like a hybrid, I have both male pattern type of hair loss but also my whole scalp is diffused.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they have no idea what they are talking about, there could be side effects to using minoxidil, such has making your face more hairy, aging your skin and also creating black circles around your eyes, minoxidil can deplete the collagen in your skin, it can also bloat your face by water retention.

those people above me who say minoxidil does nothing are the same people who say finasteride can't make any side effects

Nope I got terrible sides from finasteride

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
then how can u say min is free of the side effects I mentioned? only because you did not get them doesn't mean others won't

I didn't say it was free of side effects I'm saying that it's not the same people claiming finasteride is fine. Minoxidil does have side effects but I think it's a bit much to say it screws over your face.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't say it was free of side effects I'm saying that it's not the same people claiming finasteride is fine. Minoxidil does have side effects but I think it's a bit much to say it screws over your face.

if it ages your skin, makes it puffy due to water retention, and gives it black circles around the eyes- that's pretty much screwing your face over.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool yes but you know what the difference is? you don't use ibuprofen twice a day every day for years. you use a little bit of it for a short period of time and then you're done with it for the most part.
I personally would have to use minoxidil like a freaking shampoo on my whole scalp because I'm diffused all over. it's not gonna be just a little bit on my temples in my case.

Then don't. It's entirely your call and what doesn't work for you may work for others and vice-and-versa. The probability of people getting sides is a infinite minority and yet we keep hearing these same arguments. Got it, taking meds brings risk and inconvenience to some But so does not taking them. It's a personal choice.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you buzz your hair you can get away with 2.5mL to cover most of the scalp that's balding. Not sure why you would need to shower with the whole bottle everyday.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you buzz your hair you can get away with 2.5mL to cover most of the scalp that's balding. Not sure why you would need to shower with the whole bottle everyday.

I'd look horrible with a buzz head, same as a bald head, it's gonna make no difference in my case.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is better anyway. Supposedly avoids facial sides. The only drawback is hypertrichosis, and if you have a heart condition.
How come u dont get facial side effects with oral minoxidil ?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eyelashed and eyebrows grew darker and longer for me. More hair on my fingers and Estradiol I am taking is creating patches in my beard so there are definitely sides. Dealing with hair removal is much easier than hair growth.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil does not "stop" working, it just never works to fight the balding process at all. It causes some extra growth (only while the drug is being used daily) while the androgen damage continues.

IMO it's likely that Follica-style very dense needling + topical Minoxidil = greater than the sum of those parts. We don't entirely understand how any of this stuff works.

There is no law saying Minoxidil has to be used very heavily. You could use a lower-concentration dose, just in the areas being needled, and just once a day (not twice). That would make it easier to quit the stuff later.

For quitting Minoxidil, it's probably best to keep applying it every day and dilute the dosage down very gradually. Drag that process out for a month or two. Don't shock your hairs with a sudden stop.

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is better anyway. Supposedly avoids facial sides. The only drawback is hypertrichosis, and if you have a heart condition.
How is oral minoxidil better? Is it because it’s systemic so more concentration? Does it need suf
How is oral minoxidil better than topical? Is it because it’s systemic so you get more concentration of it? Do you still need sulfotransferase to make oral minoxidil work?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is oral minoxidil better? Is it because it’s systemic so more concentration? Does it need suf

How is oral minoxidil better than topical? Is it because it’s systemic so you get more concentration of it? Do you still need sulfotransferase to make oral minoxidil work?

Functional livers are guaranteed to have sulfotransferase, scalps aren't. So oral is a viable route for a topical non-responder.

I can attest to the hypertrichosis though it's a bit of a pain, but very manageable as an adult male.

enzomafia1

Reaction score
I use minoxidil for 6 years now. It has been working for 6 years. It still does but lately I have seen that my hair loss has resumed. I didnt use anything else with minoxidil. Results were amasing at first and lasted for 6 years and still do. So saying minoxidil works for only 2-3 years keep in mind a large percentage of people that have had results for 5+ years.