Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something people have been wondering about is partially answered in that paper:

"Six months after the end of the treatment, the volunteers returned for follow-up (Fig. 2). Ninety percent of the volunteers treated with only minoxidil had recurrence of hair loss, and all newly formed hair was lost. For the group that received only microneedle treatment and the group that received the combination treatment, the newly formed hair was maintained very well: 10% of the volunteers lost all the new hair, 70% of the volunteers had a small amountof hair loss, and 20% of the volunteers maintained the increased hair density after treatment."

Last edited:

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

"Six months after the end of the treatment, the volunteers returned for follow-up (Fig. 2). Ninety percent of the volunteers treated with only minoxidil had recurrence of hair loss, and all newly formed hair was lost. For the group that received only microneedle treatment and the group that received the combination treatment, the newly formed hair was maintained very well: 10% of the volunteers lost all the new hair, 70% of the volunteers had a small amountof hair loss, and 20% of the volunteers maintained the increased hair density after treatment."
That settles it, the matter is closed.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

If the protocol is that easy to follow, it makes you wonder why they stopped?!?

It makes me wonder what we still don’t know.

Could you work out the frequency of needling in all of that and how often they used min?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the protocol is that easy to follow, it makes you wonder why they stopped?!?

It makes me wonder what we still don’t know.

Could you work out the frequency of needling in all of that and how often they used min?

They wounded every 3 weeks for six months. Then they followed-up six months later to see if the regrowth would be lost. They used minoxidil every day, including 2ml immediately after wounding which was massaged into the scalp.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish they'd go into more detail regarding the microneedling regimen, maybe I didn't read carefully enough but all I could see was 1-2mm until "hemorrhage and redness" lol

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It specifies wounding density. If 3 hours was required on a low speed to reach that density then so be it. It takes almost 30 minutes to do just the top of the scalp on the highest speed with the derminator, so this isn't so far fetched.

It’s more to do with the number of stab holes per square centimetre per second.

The Follica device stabs your head x number of times per second and gets results.

The derminator is slower. So to emulate the Follica protocol and hit the same number of wounds we have to stab for longer.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or to be blunt. You’re not following the protocol otherwise - don’t complain to us / tell us needling doesn’t work if you’re not going to do it right

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to microneedle with NGF-574H. I've had decent results with NGF just on its own. I've gotten some new hair on my crown using NGF, but what I like about it is that I'm not losing much hair, if any – and I'm happy to be off both Minoxidil and Finasteride. I'm going to try it out for awhile and see if it's effective.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re probably not emulating it very well. Why do I say that? Because here is yet another study where all the subjects in group three had positive results:

https://www.docdroid.net/H0V0vzZ/101080-at-0954663420201770162-pdf
You're forgetting one major aspect here: I'm on minoxidil for 7 years. In this study the participants were on no treatment beforehand. It might just be that needling makes people reach "minoxidil max effectiveness" quicker. As my minoxidil effects are already at their peak, needling does not benefit me. Just an idea what could be going on.

Either way: Another study showing benefits unfortunately does not point towards me not replicating well. Which, of course, is not ruled out, but unlikely. I'm very diligent in mimicking the protocol as well as possible. Still there's almost nothing positive happening on my head. Neither with three rounds of Follica-style needling, nor with the MANY MANY months of "regular" needling every two weeks for many months before.

I really really wish this did help. But so far almost nothing. Neither with the regular, nor with the follica-style needling.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not going to work for everyone. I don't think it has anything to do with prior minoxidil usage, but maybe DHT levels. Minoxidil does not induce neogenesis, nor does it bring people back from the severity of loss that we've seen from wounding.

I read on Rassman's Blog a while back that minoxidil does not regrow hairs; instead, it creates new hairs. (Only most of the hairs are minuscule.)

edit: I think the word he used was "regrow"

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read on Rassman's Blog a while back that minoxidil does not thicken existing hair; instead, it creates new hairs. (Only most of the hairs are minuscule.)
Honestly I wonder about that guy. I'm sure he was a good surgeon but some thing's a bit off on his treatment knowledge...

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's be clear about what Rassman said: "Minoxidil doesn’t reverse the hair loss you have, but it grows new hairs. Additionally, many of them are very small hairs and are not enough to build bulk. Observations show that it peaks its value at about a year with continuous use."

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I wanted to share some pictures since I started the Follica protocol, which has been around 3 months now. It's difficult to tell if I have made any improvements because I'm a diffuse thinner, so I'll just post them.

Dark Blue Shirt (Feb 23), Dark Green Shirt (May 24)

Now that I see it - it looks like it got worse :(

Attachments

• Feb23.jpg
    Feb23.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 443
  • May24.jpg
    May24.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 460

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
??

I was poking fun at some of the more enlightened members on here dude
I’m sorry for doubting that you have been able mimic the controlled environment of the Follica protocol with your consumer device... that we know with 100% certainty isn’t even close to being the same

If all the controlled studies are reporting good results and only some of us body hackers are getting results... that could mean a number of things of which we do not know:

- you’ve been needling wrong for f*****g ages and it doesn’t work your way
- you somehow miraculously managed to get their protocol just right, and it just doesn’t work for you
- it’s all a big farse
- it’s not a big farse

But you’re no scientist, and neither am I and neither are most of the readers.

Either way if you’ve been using Min and stop you can kiss more hair goodbye.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turns out this was a bust for me and judging by the lack of responses, it was a bust for everyone else too

Well I'm off to drink my liquid minoxidil now if anyone needs me

Definitely not a bust for me.

Maybe you're doing it wrong ;)