Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

Murat312

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apologise if my question has been asked before. But are the follica trials still active during the coronavirus pandemic?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the tressless' dude with amazing results :

Q: Did you start at 2.0 or work your way up gradually? If so, what did that timeline look like?
A: Started at 1.5mm but was at 2.0mm the next week. [The guy had hair so 2mm instead of 1.5?]

Q: It's hard for me to tell from the video, but are you slightly lifting each time after you press against your head, or are you keeping it at the same-level and just dragging it along like a lawnmower?
A: A mixture. Ideally it drags along but sometimes it sticks and you need to lift.

Q: How are you sterilizing cartridges and after how many uses do you switch them out?
A: I use a new needle each time now.

@pegasus2 to your point, changing needles each time sounds the right way to go.
The needles are rounded. Their goal is not to destroy cells but to push them aside. When the needles are used they could have a tearing effect wich leads to a different kind of wound you don t want to have. This is the main reason for changing each time and not to avoid infections. (At least that is the reason why i do so)

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The needles are rounded. Their goal is not to destroy cells but to push them aside. When the needles are used they could have a tearing effect wich leads to a different kind of wound you don t want to have. This is the main reason for changing each time and not to avoid infections. (At least that is the reason why i do so)
what do you mean needles are rounded? which needles are these?

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For people who are following the Folica protocol, what dermapen are you using? At what speed? And how many times do you go over a certain area to achieve the desired density?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think means blunted after use. After a regular session where you only needle until mild erythema you should be able to get several sessions out of one cartridge. Using the Follica protocol those needles are blunted after a single session.
Do you swap needles after each Follica protocol session? I've been using until they look like they can't be cleaned with rubbing alcohol because of skin that's in the needles, etc. Sometimes that's one session, sometimes that 2 or 3 (but never use more than 3 sessions).

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
For people who are following the Folica protocol, what dermapen are you using? At what speed? And how many times do you go over a certain area to achieve the desired density?
Did you even bother reading previous posts?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been following the protocol for around 4 months

- Dr Pen A7
- Fastest setting at 1mm
- 20-25 mins slowly gliding over scalp

It would be madness to replace the needles after every single session based on a hunch some people have about them being blunted. There is no proof that the needles become less effective after a while.

I wish people would stop talking in absolutes when they're really just anecdotal tales or broscience.
It's your call if you want to save your hair on a shoe string budget. I can totally understand that purchasing a needle every 2 weeks is expensive for some foljs who nevertheless drink a $7 frappucino everyday but please please don't come crying that the protocol doesn't work for you.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you swap needles after each Follica protocol session? I've been using until they look like they can't be cleaned with rubbing alcohol because of skin that's in the needles, etc. Sometimes that's one session, sometimes that 2 or 3 (but never use more than 3 sessions).
Yes. I want to avoid any tearing. It's hard to see how bad it is without a microscope.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been following the protocol for around 4 months

- Dr Pen A7
- Fastest setting at 1mm
- 20-25 mins slowly gliding over scalp

It would be madness to replace the needles after every single session based on a hunch some people have about them being blunted. There is no proof that the needles become less effective after a while.

I wish people would stop talking in absolutes when they're really just anecdotal tales or broscience.

This a syringe needle under microscope. You are putting these needles into your bony scalp half a million times with the Follica protocol at a very high rate of speed. Keep on saving a few bucks though. I guess that's one less hour of asking people if they want fries with that.

Rh7RY.jpg

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But wait, @byebyehair 's needles are rounded. LMAO.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3921236/
Figuratively speaking, an ordinary hypodermic needle merely “pushes” cells aside. In a classical wound usually bleeding occurs from punctured or cut vessels. In contrast during microneedling there is minimal to no bleeding since only capillaries are punctured. Never-the-less, the mild trauma to the skin results in a mild inflammatory response, likely due to bradykinins and histamine release from mast cells.

In another source which i can t find now. They explained the effect that is pushes the cells aside comes from a rounded needletip (on microscopic levels). And that this effect of pushing the cells is exchanged by tearing the tissue if u use the needles to often.
Like @pegasus2 showed with the picture the conclusion is right and okay needle looks sharp. But maybe there are different neelde types or in comparison with the sice of cells it is stil rounded in relation.

So don t try to be a smart ***. (I generally talk about stuff i read into)

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone responds the same about treatments. But if you are going to try something give it maximum chances to succeed by removing factors that you can control. This Follica method has proven to work on many people. Just because it didn't seem to give you the results you were expecting is not a valid reason to discard it for everyone else. Some people with better genes will benefit from it.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a new D2 recently and I was curious if anyone has tried to calibrate their unit or at least verify it is at the correct needle depth. Any method for doing this?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months and 1 month is way too early on putting a verdict out there. Keep on topical while you do oral mx. What dosage of Loniten are you on?