Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed. Patience prevails in the scale of hair regrowth. Comments in this forums from folks trying stuff and dropping off after a couple of weeks because they don't look like Jim Morrison are more the norm than the exception.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I assume people are still doing their thing and making progress. Progress is slow in this game with any treatment. I started this protocol in January. I was just looking at pictures of my crown from December, then March and now. It's a significant difference at each time point.
Care to share?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dead thread.

I assume people are still doing their thing and making progress. Progress is slow in this game with any treatment. I started this protocol in January. I was just looking at pictures of my crown from December, then March and now. It's a significant difference at each time point.

Or maybe some of us are distracted by the thousands dying from corona outside our front doors and have other priorities . im still doing the protocol have noticed a huge shed likes of which i never had since i shifted from 1500rpm d2 to 8000rpm m8 don't know if that's a good shed from pen change or stress related.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
When is Cots gonna get this ball rolling again!!? Tired of this sheet.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did three Follica protocol sessions by now since I started this thread.

Yes, I have more vellus hair now in the areas I needle, but only about 5 new terminal hairs. Don't know what to make of this. On the one hand I got these 5 new terminal hairs which might mean it works in theory. On the other hand all these new vellus hairs don't make the jump from vellus to terminal (yet?).

Either I'm not good at emulating the protocol with my cheap dermapen, or it does not work all that well, or my temples are too long gone to be saved, or we are missing something in the protocol (like VPA or some other substance for example).

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding VPA didn't work better in the Follica results. The terminal hair are a good sign. 3 sessions means 6 weeks. Keep up the good work and report in 6 months. Add any pge2 to your scalp like Castor oil if you want to transform velus hair to stronger hair. And use AA like RU or Fina/Duta in your minoxidil bottle. 5-10% RU goes a long way. Skip the wounding day if you fear systematic absorption. Add Keto shampoo 2% to your daily or eod hair wash routine. Try Retoin A on the temples if you feel that is long time gone and want to try something more funky. I got the minoxidil 15% from Murray and I'm happy with it.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding VPA didn't work better in the Follica results. The terminal hair are a good sign. 3 sessions means 6 weeks. Keep up the good work and report in 6 months. Add any pge2 to your scalp like Castor oil if you want to transform velus hair to stronger hair. And use AA like RU or Fina/Duta in your minoxidil bottle. 5-10% RU goes a long way. Skip the wounding day if you fear systematic absorption. Add Keto shampoo 2% to your daily or eod hair wash routine. Try Retoin A on the temples if you feel that is long time gone and want to try something more funky. I got the minoxidil 15% from Murray and I'm happy with it.

How much finasteride would you add to a 60ml bottle of Min? I’ve got 5mg tablets that I cut into 1.25 and take daily, but I’ve considered adding a bit topically to attack from both angles.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use O.1% topical. That's equivalent to 12x 5mg tablets dissolved in your minoxidil 60mL bottle. You need to keep one minoxidil bottle without Fina for morning and the Fina/minoxidil combo for the evening.

Last edited:

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did a 3 hour session last night and my entire scalp was covered in blood. I'm feeling so sore right now but I think I made some good progress. I used up 3 Dermantor heads because I felt they were getting dull.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use O.1% topical. That's equivalent to 12x 5mg tablets dissolved in your minoxidil 60mL bottle. You need to keep one minoxidil bottle without Fina for morning and the Fina/minoxidil combo for the evening.
Any particular reason for separate bottles? I only apply Min 1x a day.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:eek: I think you might have overdone it.
Nah, I used the medium setting which is a lot slower because I can't stand the pain of the maximum speed. So I have to do it for longer and on my entire scalp too.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nah, I used the medium setting which is a lot slower because I can't stand the pain of the maximum speed. So I have to do it for longer and on my entire scalp too.

So you've substituted some pain for an entire bloody scalp. lol

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The scalp is very tender. It's a tough go. I put aspercreme on my scalp to numb the pain. Wait about15-20 minutes before starting.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was in pain doing it too. Then I watch these ladies doing it on their face under their eyelids and I was like what I am complaining about?! These videos boosted my courage and résistance to pain

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did three Follica protocol sessions by now since I started this thread.

Yes, I have more vellus hair now in the areas I needle, but only about 5 new terminal hairs. Don't know what to make of this. On the one hand I got these 5 new terminal hairs which might mean it works in theory. On the other hand all these new vellus hairs don't make the jump from vellus to terminal (yet?).

Either I'm not good at emulating the protocol with my cheap dermapen, or it does not work all that well, or my temples are too long gone to be saved, or we are missing something in the protocol (like VPA or some other substance for example).

You’re probably not emulating it very well. Why do I say that? Because here is yet another study where all the subjects in group three had positive results:

https://www.docdroid.net/H0V0vzZ/101080-at-0954663420201770162-pdf