Follica - Good News!

what

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the link to the patent. I remember reading some of their patents way back when they first started publishing them about 9 years ago and coming across some information that indicated they believe they could control the "sex" of the hair follicles which they generate. In other words, through the application of certain compounds at certain times, they could drive the new follicles, regardless of the patient's gender, to develop as female, so to speak. By affecting the underlying stem cells they are producing female follicles that are not prone to the effects of DHT, and therefore they would be permanent.

I went back to look for this info in the patents on numerous occasions but couldn't find it and forgot about it after awhile. But, looking through the patent you linked i came across it again, see below. I always thought this bit of information was critical and got little discussion on the forums. Probably b/c it was buried in the patent and not many saw it. But, in my eyes this, if they can do this, it's huge. If they can get their efficacy numbers up to around propecia/minoxidil levels, and/or if the procedure is compoundable, combined with permanence of senescent resistant follicles, it is in effect a cure.

I realize it's only a patent and they may not even attempt this in it's first iteration. But, it's good to see they're thinking in that direction. And if they are able to do it now, wow, we have good days not too far away.

(0117)Without being bound by any theory, the treatments described herein may achieve these results by increasing the capacity of the skin to generate new hair follicles and/or new follicle units; increasing the capacity of the skin to reprogram hair follicle and/or hair follicle unit development; increasing the capacity of the skin to reorganize and activate existing hair follicles and follicular structures; regulating the unique human processes that regulate visible hair growth; regulating the activity of specialized human hair follicles and/or hair follicle units; regulating specific activities of specialized human hair follicles and/or hair follicle units; regulating gender-specific specialized human hair follicles and/or hair follicle units, including those under the influence of sex-steroid regulation; altering the activity of specialized human hair follicles and/or hair follicle units, sometimes in conjunction with transplantation; regulating the differentiation of stem cells into gender-specific specialized human hair follicles and/or hair follicle units, that may result in follicles having features that are different from natural follicles in the target location of skin (e.g., normal sized follicles with terminal hair where previously miniaturized follicles with vellus hair were present); regulating or altering age-related changes in human hair follicles and/or hair follicle units and hair, including those under the influence of sex-steroid regulation; or altering, delaying or preventing programmed senescence of hair follicles and/or hair follicle units.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling can be done without destroying the patient's existing hair and leaving them with a bright red scalp for weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the driving factor in that switch.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica has updated the biography of some scientists. :D:D
The person who created this topic 10 years ago will be very happy:D:D

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could be 50 and have a full head of hair even if I only have 20-25 years left.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
:(

That's sad. :( Don't wish your life away. Hopefully something will help us soon.
The smart part of me knows that would be stupid knowing worst case scenario this sh*t would be fixed in like 20 years. That's if everything goes wrong and the FDA gets even more involved, gene editing could also help us out in the future if all these treatments don't work.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noisettes you are such a f*****g legend!
Without you this site would be just a load of depressed people and trolls..

Sometimes I wish I could be 50 and have a full head of hair even if I only have 20-25 years left.

Wow that is so sad to hear... I myself am getting to the stage where my comb over will look silly if it gets any worse and bit the the bullet with finasteride and taking the sides hoping for some of these treatments in to be released in 2018.. but surely if you felt that bad there is always a hair system you could turn to? Is there a reason you wont do that? They look completely undetectable these days

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noisettes you are such a f*****g legend!
Without you this site would be just a load of depressed people and trolls..

Wow that is so sad to hear... I myself am getting to the stage where my comb over will look silly if it gets any worse and bit the the bullet with finasteride and taking the sides hoping for some of these treatments in to be released in 2018.. but surely if you felt that bad there is always a hair system you could turn to? Is there a reason you wont do that? They look completely undetectable these days
I'm 19 and only make $10 an hour plus I got rent, car payments, and phone bills or I'd definitely try it.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hope soon I will see it in my dermatologist's office

CF59BB6E-BF22-4666-923A-99253256513D.jpeg
I