Follica - Good News!

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
is Follica gonna present anything at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery 17th Annual Scientific Meeting?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
thesnow said:
We all seen pictures promoted by Follica, but here is one by a different researcher...you might enjoy it.

img_1528-1.jpg

Source: http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/2009/ ... ir-growth/

------------------------------[Break]-----------------------------------

Just came upon this illumination!!! :innocent:

Androgen receptor–mediated inhibition of cutaneous wound healing.[2002]
Abstract: Impaired wound healing states in the elderly lead to substantial morbidity, mortality, and a cost to the USHealth Services of over $9 billion per annum. In addition to intrinsic aging per se causing delayed healing, studies have suggested marked sex-differences in wound repair. We report that castration of male mice results in a striking acceleration of local cutaneous wound healing, and is associated with a reduced inflammatory response and increased hair growth. Using a hairless mouse model, we have demonstrated that testosterone reduction stimulates the healing response not through hair follicle epithelial/mesenchymal cell proliferation, but directly via effects on wound cell populations. We suggest that endogenous testosterone inhibits the cutaneous wound healing response in males and is associated with an enhanced inflammatory response. The mechanisms underlying the observed effects involve a direct upregulation of proinflammatory cytokine expression by macrophages in response to testosterone. Blockade of androgen action systemically, via receptor antagonism, accelerates healing significantly, suggesting a specific target for future therapeutic intervention in impaired wound healing states in elderly males.
Source: http://www.jci.org/articles/view/15704/

Did we just crack Follica's smokescreen? Anti-androgens can be good EGF inhibitors as androgens simply amplify its rate many times over(I believe this assertion is correct). Note that Cotsarelis' work is complimented toward his efforts in not only inhibiting hair loss, but also in the treatment of acne, rosacea, prostate cancer and bhp.

Crazy Idea Warning: This 'may' explain why estrogen superiority brings one benefits, at least when it comes to skin because of its constant renewal process!

Now where did I misplace that Spironolactone pills? :whistle:

What are they doing to our mices? they should try that on the talibans prisoners!

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So where are they right now ? do you guys think they are really on the right track ? I thought we are supposed to hear some news in 2009. I hope they are not the next ICX.

I just don't understand how when I read in the Nature magazine, how scientists are able to use pluripotent cells to produce cells specific to any organ they just haven't started using that method and not on hair I guess if they did... I know follica works in a completely different way. I was skeptical at first, but i saw so much excitement on the forum and in the media.. ok ok.. frustration.. :(

DHR

Reaction score
just like the mice then

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica, Inc. Presents at 2010 BIO-Windhover Conference and Pharmaceutical Strategic Outlook Conference, Feb-23-2010 through Feb-25-2010
02/10/2010
Follica, Inc. Presents at 2010 BIO-Windhover Conference and Pharmaceutical Strategic Outlook Conference, Feb-23-2010 through Feb-25-2010. Venue: Grand Hyatt New York, New York, New York, United States.

http://www.biowindhover.com/content/Main.aspx

Maybe important because that conferences main focus is strategic partnering

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
It works, just reload it if it gives you a problem. Where does it talk about Follica here?

dickiedee

Reaction score
well if thats the case does anyone know a transgender who has a slightly receded hairline that would want to try a follica style dermabrasion regime?

If them implications are right then maybe become a woman for a month (eep), remake some new hair follicles then go back to normal

From a quick little search on the internet transgenders once on all the estrogen/anti-androgen meds dont lose any more hair (most grow some back)

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t this is depressing, the next to last post before this thread was resurrected was from 2012, before I ever started Norwooding. And this sh*t which is probably going to be mildly effective at best is not even out yet, now towards the end of 2017.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked and saw that the thread started in 2008, back when I was a blissfully unaware NW0 11 year old. I can only imagine the pain of people who were balding then hoping new treatments would come out soon.

"interesting, if the trials show good regrowth, we could see this in less then 2 years. lets pray its safe and shows good hair."- January 5, 2008.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't help but doubt the new treatments coming when I see sh*t like this...

Tsuji seems legit tho

I hope so, but Aderans was another well respected Japanese company that was on the cutting edge of hair multiplication and they make rugs now. I'll believe in these new treatments when they are growing hair on my head.