Flutagel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've got mine now and have started using it once a day on the hairline and crown.

One thing I have noticed is about 10-15 mins after applying it I get a rather bad ache in one of my balls.... not good...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
that is a big question but how do you explain this. Once I started using this stuff on my beard it't getting thinner and thinner

I could tentatively explain it by saying that it's a systemic antiandrogenic effect.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
but if it is a systemic effect how come his beard only got thinner at the same spot he applied it?

philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Newbaldy84 said:
that is a big question but how do you explain this. Once I started using this stuff on my beard it't getting thinner and thinner

I could tentatively explain it by saying that it's a systemic antiandrogenic effect.

Bryan, do you really think in your right mind that 1mg (in fact it's even less) of flutamide once daily is sufficient to systemically alter hormones so much as to thin out his beard so significantly? :uglylol:

P.S. Flutamide does not directly *alter hormones* of course but for simplicity let's say it does.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
dresden said:
but if it is a systemic effect how come his beard only got thinner at the same spot he applied it?

Did he say that it only got thinner at the same spot where he applied it?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
philly said:
Bryan, do you really think in your right mind that 1mg (in fact it's even less) of flutamide once daily is sufficient to systemically alter hormones so much as to thin out his beard so significantly? :uglylol:

No, but did he state how much of it he's applying?

philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
philly said:

No, but did he state how much of it he's applying?

Well I suppose he applied about 1mL, maybe a little more. That is sufficient to cover a beard. There is 7.5mg of flutamide in each mL of Flutagel. If we suppose the absorption is 10% (which is almost certainly an over-estimation), only 0.75mg is absorbed per day. That is nothing.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be delighted to see "Newbaldy84" put it to a much more rigorous test, like dividing his beard into two equal sections (left side and right side), then applying a fixed amount of Flutagel to one side ONLY for a period of time, then measuring the difference (if any) between the left and right sides, possibly even by measuring the actual weight of accumulated shaved hairs from both sides with a digital scale. That could provide powerful evidence for the effectiveness (or its lack) of topical Flutagel.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan surely I could do that, then we would be 100% sure. I base my opinion on the fact that I was using flutagel on my head for a month or longer and didn't notice anything happening on my beard. Once I starter applying it to my beard it started to have an effect there as well

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
The Great Unanswered Question about topical flutagel, which almost everybody on all the hairloss sites (except for me) is studiously ignoring: does flutagel really have a "local" antiandrogenic effect where it's applied? Two out of the three animal studies with topical flutamide (with the notable exception of the Sintov study) show little or no "local" effect. Is that record really good enough for the rest of you to consider using flutagel?

What method of application were they using for the flutamide in these studies?

The issue in the past was supposedly that there hasn't been a decent enough vehicle for flutamide absorption which Sinere say they have solved by producing it in gel form.

Do you think the reason for 'little or no local effect' would be due to poor absorption of the flutamide or that it's simply not a potent enough antiandrogen?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Newbaldy84 said:
Bryan surely I could do that, then we would be 100% sure. I base my opinion on the fact that I was using flutagel on my head for a month or longer and didn't notice anything happening on my beard.

Go for it, then! :) Apply the Flutagel to one side of your beard ONLY, leaving the other side as a control. Even if you can't go all the way by measuring the shavings with an accurate scale (you can get a small digital scale for about $100 which is accurate to 10 mg), I'd still be interested in your overall visual impression after a few weeks of which side was growing more strongly. Will you keep us all updated on that?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
masculineyourheart said:
Bryan said:
The Great Unanswered Question about topical flutagel, which almost everybody on all the hairloss sites (except for me) is studiously ignoring: does flutagel really have a "local" antiandrogenic effect where it's applied? Two out of the three animal studies with topical flutamide (with the notable exception of the Sintov study) show little or no "local" effect. Is that record really good enough for the rest of you to consider using flutagel?

What method of application were they using for the flutamide in these studies?

In the two earlier studies, they used standard hydroalcoholic types of vehicles (they may also have included propylene glycol...don't make me go dig-up those studies again! :) ), whereas the Sintov study used the now-familiar "gel" type of vehicle that's been so much the rage lately.

masculineyourheart said:
The issue in the past was supposedly that there hasn't been a decent enough vehicle for flutamide absorption which Sinere say they have solved by producing it in gel form.

Do you think the reason for 'little or no local effect' would be due to poor absorption of the flutamide or that it's simply not a potent enough antiandrogen?

The problem with the earlier two studies certainly has nothing to do with any LACK of absorption or any LACK of antiandrogenic potency! :) The problem in those earlier studies was that the potent antiandrogenic effect extended to the ENTIRE animal (including both flank organs), not just where it was applied. That's what I mean when I say there was no "local" effect: the effect was experienced EVERYWHERE, not just where it was physically applied. See what I mean?

el_duterino

Reaction score
After 3 weeks On Flutagel I experienced visible hair thickenening at the hairline. I posted my pics here too.
After 2.5 months I experienced noticeable loss of libido.
My conclusion is that the gel HAS to have a strong local effect since the libido sides came much later.
Also, if the effects were due to systemic absorbtion alone, how could I have such hair thickening results in only 3 weeks considering the very small amount (10% or less) which is in theory systemically absorbed.

I was also on 0.5 dutasteride a day, so that side effects on flutamide will hit harder and sooner due to an already very low DHT level.
Maybe the libido drop would not have been not noticeable on Flutagel alone.

I was putting way too much Flutagel on my head. I reduced the amount & frequency and sides quickly dissapeared.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey!
I have been applying flutagel for nearly a week now. First thing i would comment on is that stupid plastic attachment for the bottle is a waste of time as the gel is far to viscous to ever travel through it!

Within minutes of applying flutagel I get a feeling of nausea that lasts between 10 and 40 mins. Nothing unbearable just noticeable. I am applying flutagel in the morning around 6:30am and then again at around 8pm just at the crown. At the same time i am applying nanominox-fms to my temples.

So far all the tiny little hairs that have been ravaged by DHT have started to drop out so i do look more bald at the crown and temples.

I am going to stick with what i am doing for 6-9 months and see what happens.

G

When are you people going to realise that this is just another snake oil? :shakehead:

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
ok Bryan, from now on I will be applying flutagel only on one side of my beard. The effect should be visible with a naked eye as I noticed my beard thinning after 2 weeks. Also to add one more think not only beard thinning but overall slowed beard regrowth to the point that I was still smooth next day.
I'll keep you updated

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
When are you people going to realise that this is just another snake oil?

thats based on your extensive scientific study i take it Davidoff and from testing the product on the clone of me that you possess. :jackit:

Status
Not open for further replies.