Flutagel

Status
Not open for further replies.

priore

Reaction score
Hey i,ve just received my flutagel and was just wondering is it supposed to b ok to use this with minoxidil. Im currently on 5% xandrox and .25mg of finasteride. dont wanna drop the minoxidil so anyone know of any reason why i cant use both? thanks

philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Well you can't use both at the same time because then the hydroalcoholic formulation (xandrox in your case) will drive too much flutamide into your bloodstream too fast and that in turn will create nasty side effects you certainly do not want.

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
Side effects with topical fluta are not likely:
the usual dose of oral Flutamide is 750 mg (1-1-1). The minimum dose which lead to side effect was I think 125 mg. If you take 1ml of Flutagel you have about 20 mg on your head. And surely not all of these 20 mg go systemically.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alkulk said:
Side effects with topical fluta are not likely:
the usual dose of oral Flutamide is 750 mg (1-1-1). The minimum dose which lead to side effect was I think 125 mg. If you take 1ml of Flutagel you have about 20 mg on your head. And surely not all of these 20 mg go systemically.

Can someone please confirm this? Sounds reassuring!

moter

Reaction score
priore said:
Hey i,ve just received my flutagel and was just wondering is it supposed to b ok to use this with minoxidil. Im currently on 5% xandrox and .25mg of finasteride. dont wanna drop the minoxidil so anyone know of any reason why i cant use both? thanks

I just recieved my Flutagel. My regimine appears to be very similar to yours.

How are you mixing it into your regimine?

Any tips?

priore

Reaction score
Moter i apply 1st application of minoxidil as soon as i wake up then apply 2nd application mid afternoon. I take 0.25mg Propecia i the evening and i apply flutagel just b4 going to bed. Im ebating whether to buy 12.5% xandrox instead next time n just use it once a day rather than 2 x 5% applications.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on propecia and I just started Flutagel and discontiniued Fluridil. Flutagel is as easy to apply as fluridil and it's cheaper.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah side effects would be minimal - small absorption and a short half life mean that it really requires 2 to 3 times a day dosing as an oral antiandrogen. I felt a lot better sexually even on oral flutamide than I have on finasteride. (The reason for this last part probably being that flutamide actually leads to an increase of serum DHT levels. If you then stop you can experience the whole "reflex hyperandrogenicity" thing. On the other hand if finasteride knocks out your ability to perform or whatever else its gonna take a couple of weeks probably for things to get back to normal due to the slow replacement of 5ar2 and hence DHT).
hh

el_duterino

Reaction score
I just ordered 5 bottles (free shipping) of that Flutagel from Sinere site. This will be my first topical after 10 years of oral anti-DHT drugs. I am on 0.5 mg dutasteride (real avodart) a day but recently it seems that even some left over (unblocked) DHT is enough to do small damage to my DHT sensitive hair at my age (40).
This should hopefully prevent that small amount of DHT leftover to bind.

Wonder were that free DHT will go though ? a boost in libido would be cool..

I will use it at hairline only, and report progress.

Cheers
El Duterino

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Harold, are you on oral flutamide now (is this not for prostate cancer patients)? what are your views on topical?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that is the worst website ever!!

IBM

Reaction score
harold what's your experience with oral flutamide? Can it be better than oral spironolactone?

G

Has anyone had good results with it or is this just another snake oil that will come and go like the rest?

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
There are some good reports on the web already.
But it is too early yet, Flutagel has been out for 6 weeks or so now.

G

oh only a few weeks.So thats what all this excitement is about.I wonder if people will still be excited 3 months from now.Does anyon remember the laser comb?

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
if everyone thought the same way you do, davidoff, we wouldnt have any new products on the market as no one would test them.
yes it might not work, but let people try new stuff and have some hope.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.