First Ever Side Effects Free Topical Anti Androgen Fda Approved Today

el_duterino

Reaction score
Guys - the good news we have been waiting for years ..The First ever side effects free topical anti androgen has been approved by the FDA today for human use- Clascoterone aka CB-01-03

As some knew already, the first application is for acne, in a cream with only 1% BUT this is the exact same molecule as the upcoming hairloss product which works fine for the vast majority, and has no side effects - unlike RU58841 and the rest of the current drugs finasteride/dutasteride .

jazz1

Reaction score
Guys - the good news we have been waiting for years ..The First ever side effects free topical anti androgen has been approved by the FDA today for human use- Clascoterone aka CB-01-03

As some knew already, the first application is for acne, in a cream with only 1% BUT this is the exact same molecule as the upcoming hairloss product which works fine for the vast majority, and has no side effects - unlike RU58841 and the rest of the current drugs finasteride/dutasteride .

This is awesome news, thanks for sharing.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the news...Do you know what percent the Hairloss formula is expected to be? Does this mean we could go to a Dermatologist office today and get a prescription for the acne version, or will it take time for the production to kick in before supply can circulate? (Understand if this isn't known yet)

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even in the press release it says that about 1/20 subjects had HPA suppression, so not side effect free. That said I don't know what ages they tested on, so maybe it was in teens who would be more susceptible to hormonal effects than most users here.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully, it will not be astronomically expensive. Duterino, can you make a post where you share your experience with RU or anything else you have used?

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is less effective than finasteride and only works for around a year, nothing to be excited about imo

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does Clascoterone rate when compared to other AAs, like is it as effective as say CPA?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I used RU for 9 years and now CB for 2 - I dont use finasteride/dutasteride since I started RU.
Gram per gram, RU is probably a bit more effective than CB not because its a more powerful drug, but because it works in a systemic way as well as a topical way.

RU has side effects, has never been studied in humans for long and not worth the risk now that we have Clascoterone aka CB. RU is pretty much dead

I use 50mg of CB a day in ethanol. ZERO side effects unlike RU. I had erection sides on RU at even 15mg, as it remains active in the body for a hour enough to cause side effects.

I use minoxidil and stemox so I can use less CB due to the synergy effect.

It will maintain your hair for as long as you use it

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is less effective than finasteride and only works for around a year, nothing to be excited about imo
Stop spreading misinformation, we only have data up to a year that doesn't mean it stops working after a year lol.

sboubars

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is absolute bullshit, it cant be side effect free, any anti androgen that gets in to the blood stream will cause side effects.
androgens are needed in the body, just google androgen defficiency in males

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is absolute bullshit, it cant be side effect free, any anti androgen that gets in to the blood stream will cause side effects.
androgens are needed in the body, just google androgen defficiency in males

Ketoconazole is an anti androgen but you don't hear about people having hormonal side effects when they are using it to topically treat fungal infections.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya that's not necessarily true alot of people take anti androgens like propecia and don't experience any noticeable side effects, plus Clascoterone is rapidly metabolised and works locally. Though that doesn't mean there won't be side effects, every drug has side effects.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole is an anti androgen but you don't hear about people having hormonal side effects when they are using it to topically treat fungal infections.
Another weird thing is that keto has an FDA warning on how liver toxic it is and is associated with the death of one patient, however I haven't heard anyone have any liver issues on it. I believe there was a study on how abnormal amounts of ketoconazole cream was applied daily to infants and yet no concentration was found in blood tests. Maybe I misremember it but I think the data exists somewhere.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop spreading misinformation, we only have data up to a year that doesn't mean it stops working after a year lol.
If you look at the 1 year data you will see a sharp decline after 6 months. At 1 year we are barely above baseline. They even tried to trick us by using a different reference point at the 1 year result and the 6 month result. Just to mitigate the drastic decline after 6 months.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That doesn't mean it only works for a year it means it works for at least a year, staying above baseline is all we really can ask for, for a maintenance drug. Hair width is also significantly above baseline at one year which imo is far more important.

el_duterino

Reaction score
It will maintain hair not regrow hair from inactive follicles. And it will maintain hair better at the hairline than finasteride because it also blocks testosterone.

IF the oral anti androgen like CPA had the ability to regrow hair significantly , everyone would be using these instead of having hair transplant's but we know its not the case, old oral anti androgen have been prescribed since the 1970's to older men and no one regrew hair, not to mention the strong side effects which makes it impossible for long term maintenance

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wrong! Nizoral keto shampoo gives me mini crashes! Thanks to PFS I think I am more susceptible.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the trial, 9% of adolescents had their HPA axis screwed up and 5% of adults. It goes systemic and it wont be side free for some. I personally have tried cb and it is effective but my system crashes. It is what it is.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another weird thing is that keto has an FDA warning on how liver toxic it is and is associated with the death of one patient, however I haven't heard anyone have any liver issues on it. I believe there was a study on how abnormal amounts of ketoconazole cream was applied daily to infants and yet no concentration was found in blood tests. Maybe I misremember it but I think the data exists somewhere.

Maybe they were talking about oral keto? it's an AA but a seriously bad drug for your body.