Finding Love Before Hair Loss

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The blending on the second to last set had some issues and what are robo scissors? But yeah, pretty f*****g amazing. He looks like Christopher Reeves with that piece, which must be a full cap right? Without it he has HPs level of loss. f*****g dumbfounded. I wonder if he ordered Michigan's dvd? Well I'm sold Barcafan. Considering the experiences of Saf and Dudemon, maybe it is a blessing in disguise that I am not a good candidate for meds or transplantation. Yeah, it's not your own hair and there are limits to what you can do but compared to being completely bald, well there is no comparison. Thanks for showing me that Barca.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The blending on the second to last set had some issues and what are robo scissors? But yeah, pretty f****ing amazing. He looks like Christopher Reeves with that piece, which must be a full cap right? Without it he has HPs level of loss. f****ing dumbfounded. I wonder if he ordered Michigan's dvd? Well I'm sold Barcafan. Considering the experiences of Saf and Dudemon, maybe it is a blessing in disguise that I am not a good candidate for meds or transplantation. Yeah, it's not your own hair and there are limits to what you can do but compared to being completely bald, well there is no comparison. Thanks for showing me that Barca.

Go for it dude. GO FOR IT!

I must say though.....those pics are damn impressive. I would never ever ever be able to tell that was a piece.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
You gotta get rid of your ego, is what you gotta do.

I have a bit of a ego but so what? I know I have a lot of flaws but ultimately I am a good looking chap who has had quite a lot of success in life.

And uncomfortable man see how this guy uses highlights? Remember how I said this is a technique used by people who wear wigs to increase realism and you were being condescending towards me? Well this guy who you think looks so amazing does it as well. It also amazes me how you are sold to the wig by one guy sending a few links of the same guy? I have told you several times to go to the toplace website forum and watch the JA alternatives commercials on youtube to see other amazing hair systems just like the one you complimented on this page and the one which persuaded you to go for the wig. It really isn't hard to type in toplace.com or youtube.com. I'd send you the links but seeing as I am just a youngen I am going to go bang my girlfriend now ciao.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
The idea of someone elses hair glued on top of my head disgusts me a lot more than being bald. Yuck. But yeah, if it makes someone happy just go for it.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
The idea of someone elses hair glued on top of my head disgusts me a lot more than being bald. Yuck. But yeah, if it makes someone happy just go for it.

Word. I'll shave my head long before going that route.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'm going to try this one more time. CCS, given your experience with systems, what IYO is the shortest length a full cap can be before it is detectable? I look at Shatner's piece on Boston Legal and think to myself that that is a good length that people won't associate with the typical piece length and style. It is the best and most natural looking piece I have ever seen (besides michigan's) although everyone knows he wears.

Some guys go as short as 1/8 inch. But if the lace is not sitting exactly on the skin, it might be seen. Like if it glosses over a concave area. The hair being longer hides the lace even more. But 1/2 inch should hide anything.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The blending on the second to last set had some issues and what are robo scissors? But yeah, pretty f****ing amazing. He looks like Christopher Reeves with that piece, which must be a full cap right? Without it he has HPs level of loss. f****ing dumbfounded. I wonder if he ordered Michigan's dvd? Well I'm sold Barcafan. Considering the experiences of Saf and Dudemon, maybe it is a blessing in disguise that I am not a good candidate for meds or transplantation. Yeah, it's not your own hair and there are limits to what you can do but compared to being completely bald, well there is no comparison. Thanks for showing me that Barca.

Excellent. And don't be scared when you get it out of the box. You got to cut off the excess lace, and it will look super thin until it is on. And until you get the attachment down, it won't look as good as you want. You may have to re-order a different lace or hair color. But once you got it, you got it. The technology is good. Commit to trying 3-4 pieces and spending 4 months learning, and you can look 25 again. Or maybe 30, depending on your face.

If it does not work after all that, you are out maybe $800 tops. But what if it does work?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ghg said:
Therein lies the ethical dilemma proposed when wearing a system. But like others have said if the positives outweigh the negatives then it is worth it. If you could look 10 or even 15 years younger then why wouldn't you? People also always say that a system would be a last resort, well guess what? I'm all out of other options. Living as a bald/buzzed guy for several years can kind of take it's toll on you, or at least me. I realize that I could always look worse and I am grateful for that (something going bald taught me) but you're just so exposed, literally and figuratively. The bad rap that pieces get are based on the obviously bad ones, but knowing that you could look like everyone else with a full head of hair and be undetectable is a tempting proposition for someone like me. Also like CCS said a great deal of success with a system relies on proper education and maintenance. I would have to try it out before I could make a decision as to weather this is something I can keep up and how I really feel about it.

dude77

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
but you're just so exposed, literally and figuratively

oh I definitely relate to that .. feeling exposed .. that kinda comes and goes

as far as hair systems go .. not sure I could do that because it would feel sort of like a lie .. as if I'm living a lie .. a 'constant' game of fooling anyone I come across .. I don't know .. I guess you can never say never though .. and if it really does work for someone in a psychological sense then that's great

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
ghg said:
Therein lies the ethical dilemma proposed when wearing a system. But like others have said if the positives outweigh the negatives then it is worth it. If you could look 10 or even 15 years younger then why wouldn't you? People also always say that a system would be a last resort, well guess what? I'm all out of other options. Living as a bald/buzzed guy for several years can kind of take it's toll on you, or at least me. I realize that I could always look worse and I am grateful for that (something going bald taught me) but you're just so exposed, literally and figuratively. The bad rap that pieces get are based on the obviously bad ones, but knowing that you could look like everyone else with a full head of hair and be undetectable is a tempting proposition for someone like me. Also like CCS said a great deal of success with a system relies on proper education and maintenance. I would have to try it out before I could make a decision as to weather this is something I can keep up and how I really feel about it.

Think about this way: Everyone knows Jeremy Piven, Travolta, Cage, Shatner, Affleck, Kevin Smith, Kimmel, etc wear pieces but nobody thinks of them as "bald guys wearing toupees". I was talking about Entourage with a few friends recently and one of the girls brought up Jeremy Piven and how she thought he was hot now. I told her he wore a toupee and her reaction was basically "so what?"

I don't think it's a big deal to wear one as long its not James Traficant/Marv Albert style. And if it makes you feel better, why not? Seriously, if you got one that looked as perfect as the dude in those pics, then your confidence would go through the roof.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because they more than likely don't want you coming on to them.

ali777

Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Why are girls telling me every day, how they only love boys with long hair :(?!

person said:
Because they more than likely don't want you coming on to them.

No, that's not it... There is something about long hair, girls either love it or hate it. For me having long hair is to a certain extent being non-conformist, ie a bit of a rebel and some girls like that and some prefer more middle of the road man.

A young girl may like long hair, but in the later years they prefer stability. I used to have long hair, and I'm talking from experience here. In Britain, a neat haircut is more likely to get you a girl than long hair.

It's the same with tattoos, piercing, beard, etc they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:shock: I be damned , this is amazing! the system improves hes looks atleast by 40-50%, hes a great example for how drameticly hairloss can effect ones looks. some people, going bald doesnt make SUCH a diffrance, while others (skinny white dudes with big heads) going bald is a huge trauma....
I think that if you can achive improvement such as that guy in the pics AND it will effect the way you feel (which is more important)... then; hell yeah! go for it UM! i would never suspect hes wearing a piece.. never!
Intresting tho... if i was in hes shoes, i would run little experiment at the local bar, going one night with it, one night without and compare the female attention around me... (dont get me wrong tho, he is a good looking guy nonetheless, but in hes praticulare case, the hair DOES HAVE a huge role on hes looks! so much, that i belive it changes the guy from regular- to a good looking+).

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Why are girls telling me every day, how they only love boys with long hair :(?!

because androgony is hip. Women seem to love effeminate men these days. Perfect example, Noel Fielding was voted sexiest man in England by some magazine. Don't get me wrong the guy is a great comedian but he is one of the girliest men I've ever seen.

31372_2.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
[Think about this way: Everyone knows Jeremy Piven, Travolta, Cage, Shatner, Affleck, Kevin Smith, Kimmel, etc wear pieces but nobody thinks of them as "bald guys wearing toupees".

The fact is they dont.
Most people dont realise that Cage, Piven and Travolta have severe hairloss because they usualy only see them acting in movies, they've never seen them without anything other than a full looking head of hair. And if they do see them wearing an obvious wig, they just think thats for the movie ect.
Stallone is another example obviously wears a piece but its only us norwood spotters who see it, the ordinary Joe thinks its his real hair.

Thickandthin said:
I was talking about Entourage with a few friends recently and one of the girls brought up Jeremy Piven and how she thought he was hot now. I told her he wore a toupee and her reaction was basically "so what?"

You're talking about a rich and famous actor who she knows she'll never even meet, She'd have a different opinion if it was an ordinary guy you were talking about.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thickandthin said:
I was talking about Entourage with a few friends recently and one of the girls brought up Jeremy Piven and how she thought he was hot now. I told her he wore a toupee and her reaction was basically "so what?"

You're talking about a rich and famous actor who she knows she'll never even meet, She'd have a different opinion if it was an ordinary guy you were talking about.

Partially true, but until a woman sees you bald, she can't fully picture how you would look. She does subtract points for the new info, but not nearly as much as you would think. The key is to change it in the bathroom without her seeing it, and be honest that you need the 10 minutes of privacy for that reason, if need be. Like I said, you lose points, but not as many as if you took it off and let her hold it in her hands. Not sure about that though.

It is like framing your face with hair. As long as she sees your framed face, she sees you as pretty faced guy with a wig. If you don't have the wig and say you will put it on, then she sees you as an ugly faced guy with a wig. She can't picture your face framed vs unframed. Many people can't. When I had my wig, my face looked 10x better. It was not a topper. It had temple flaps, low hairline, everything perfect, for the best frame. I could see my potential without it, but many people don't. You got to help them by framing it for them. Once it is framed, you lose points for the wig, but keep the good face points. They will ask you to take it off, since you have such a good looking face anyway. Don't do it. Ask them to go out with you without make up in raged cloths first.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
s.a.f said:
Thickandthin said:

Partially true, but until a woman sees you bald, she can't fully picture how you would look. She does subtract points for the new info, but not nearly as much as you would think. The key is to change it in the bathroom without her seeing it, and be honest that you need the 10 minutes of privacy for that reason, if need be. Like I said, you lose points, but not as many as if you took it off and let her hold it in her hands. Not sure about that though.

It is like framing your face with hair. As long as she sees your framed face, she sees you as pretty faced guy with a wig. If you don't have the wig and say you will put it on, then she sees you as an ugly faced guy with a wig. She can't picture your face framed vs unframed. Many people can't. When I had my wig, my face looked 10x better. It was not a topper. It had temple flaps, low hairline, everything perfect, for the best frame. I could see my potential without it, but many people don't. You got to help them by framing it for them. Once it is framed, you lose points for the wig, but keep the good face points. They will ask you to take it off, since you have such a good looking face anyway. Don't do it. Ask them to go out with you without make up in raged cloths first.

This post is actually true.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks guys for the replies. I've come to terms with the idea of hairloss and am optimistic about girls. I have luck with them just not finding the right one. I figure when the right time and place come around so will the girl.