Finding Love Before Hair Loss

barcafan

Reaction score
ali777 said:
CCS said:
I was reading on body dysmorphism last night, you have some of the symptoms. Have you ever considered seeing a professional? A shrink might be able to help you with your problems.
I disagree

I think it's something you should consider. There is something there.

Aspergers is more likely.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
person said:
What's your point though? I don't get it. Are you saying life is unfair? Well maybe you should wake up and realise it is. A guy with thick curly locks will attract beautiful young girls more than a bald head, fact. The question is what are you going to do about it? My actual hair genes are very very good in terms on the quality of my donor hair, very thick lushious curls. However I have the balding gene additionally, my solution is that I will buy a very expensive wig and enjoy the rest of my life until a cure comes out.

Well, instead of jumping to conclusions before you ostracize me, you should wait for me to answer your questions!

With that being said, I KNOW life is unfair. I am a perfect example of someone who was destined for failure since the day I was born. "If I didn't have any bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all," like the song says.

I'm getting to be an old man - I'm turning 40 in one month. I have tried to do something about my hairloss - I've have had 3 hair transplant's for a total of close to 7,000 FU's at a total cost of about $40,000 for all three surgeries and other expenses associated with them - including lost wages from having to quit jobs after surgeries during recovery times (I used to work in a very greasy, dirty, and dangerous work environment - as far as "bumping one's head" that would not have been good for hair transplant recovery.

Anyways, being vain is: trying to do something about something that you, as a man, should otherwise pay no attention to. If you do pay attention to these aesthetic things, and you have an hair transplant for example, you are viewed by most women as "weak" and "vain." In addition, other guys will look down on you, they won't respect you, and you are the "butt" of their jokes for years to come.

I know this, because although my transplants came out good (except for the 1st one), and look "decent," I still look like I have tried to do something about my baldness - and failed. In other words, to the best of my knowledge, most hair transplant's look "fake" - even when done by the best surgeons around the world.

Some hair transplant's recipients have very good results, but the usual results vary from poor to mediocre. If a guy NW4 -7 has hair transplant surgery, (NW4 is borderline IMO), he will have the usual classic "hair transplant see-through, glorified comb-over look" whether they like it or not. This is not that hard to spot. I know for a fact that my hair transplant's are quite visible, and people pick up on them right away.

Can you imagine how easily people can pick up on a rug? Quite easily! You can spot them a mile away. I wish I knew then (before I got into the hair transplant chair the first time) - what I know now.

hair transplant's or rugs - it makes no difference their both viewed as vain. People in general (guys and girls) look down upon, and have no respect, for guys with hair transplant's and rugs. I believe this is pretty true for society in general - although it may not always be the case.

"How a guy deals with it," depends. A guy who is really a good candidate for hair transplant is a guy with no more than NW3 by age 30-35, IMO. Otherwise, the best way to deal with it is to shave it all off, or do nothing at all - if a guy can truly accept the consequences of being bald.

Rugs - just like hair transplant's on guys who already have extensive loss (NW4-7), IMO, are a poor solution - don't even go there. You do what you want, but if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't even think about rugs - not at all. Rugs are all about hiding the truth - "living a lie."

For example, look at Joe Satriani = smart man. He was advised well and did due dilligence on hair transplant's and decided not to go there. Now, he is accpeted as a head shaver; and becuase of guys like him it is now more acceptable to be bald. I wish I had done what he did. Too late for guys like me. I can shave but I have donor scars.

I don't know how to say this without seeming to start an argument but from this post it appears to me you don't have much of a clue about life and hairloss in actual fact. Firstly if you build relationships with people and you decide to try something realistic for your hairloss most of your mates or girlfirend won't even care because they like you for the person you are - they are your true friends.
In terms of your ideas about hair transplant and wigs; if you go to a good surgeon like Feller, you will get good results. You can always use JA Alternatives interlink process to thicken up your hair. If it still looks unnatural use styliing products to tame the hair.
As for wigs the technology is astounding these days. Go on the forum to toplace.com and look at the pictures people post, they have spent $195 on these and they are flawless if fitted correctly. Also go to youtube and search JA Alternatives', these wigs also look flawless. I am an above average looking guy, I like to work out, I like to excell with my job and education, and I like to look good. I am 20 in a few months (fortunately my hair still looks ok now) but ultimately when I am driving my convertable, wearing expensive clothes and most girls turn their heads I know deep down I don't want that to end. Even though with wigs the hairline can look flawless I would wear my hair long anyway, highlight it perhaps, wear shades, I'ts all about appearence and sex sells. I do however feel I am repeating myself on this forum I suggest users to search my recent posts and have a read.
I wil not make the mistake of some of the users on this forum and worry about my hairloss for the rest of my life. I will perservirre with the wig (make it a hobby even) and continue to be successsful with life in general. I have also outlined several plastic surgery procedures for myself in order to look better.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You're comparing yourself to someone twice your age who has gone through 3 hair transplants from an nw5/6. Dude has been through too much in his life to have some youngin try and tell him whats what. Just drive off in your convertible with your gay *** highlights :gay: .

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
You're comparing yourself to someone twice your age who has gone through 3 hair transplants from an nw5/6. Dude has been through too much in his life to have some youngin try and tell him whats what. Just drive off in your convertible with your gay *** highlights :gay: .

You guys only remonstrations against me is that I am 'young and think I know it all.' Sigh ... heard that one before (and not towards me, other young people with good ideas.) I detect a hint of sarcasm but I will thank you for your encouragement dudemon because I am still young and I have decided to take action now! I have gone through a lot as well and yes uncomfortable man I will drive my car and look good.
I will admit though I was inaccurate in saying you don't have knowledge about hairloss. But you do seem ignorant in terms of wigs. As do you uncomfortable man, the highlight idea is a technique which helps people who wear, people think 'he would never highlight a wig.' Before you disagree, you are disagreeing with a vast community on toplace.com and other wig forums. These guys are friendly helpful people which all seem content in their solution. Just see the pics for yourself and search for JA alternatives on you tube. So please do not refer to me or my techniques as gay or I will report you to a moderator.

CCS

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Hey, you're almost 20 - you know it all. I know nothing! :mrgreen: I'm almost 40 - and I've been dealing with the hairloss game for as long as you've been alive - but, I don't know anything though! :mrgreen:

I've also got extensive knowledge of someone who has been through all the ins and outs of hair transplantation - not once, but THREE times! :freaked: But, person, you're right - I know nothing!

Let me guess. You got plugs 20 years ago, are bitter, and now want to tell everyone that hair transplant's don't look real. They got better though. I can spot a hair transplant with my trained eye, but I doubt the public can. They just notice a guy has thin hair and think he is balding.

hair transplant's are not bad, if you get micrografts with the right surgeon. I had 3. But they will not give you the density you want as a 20 year old. They just make you look acceptable for 40. That is why I tell everyone to try a good toupe first.

CCS

Reaction score
person said:
the highlight idea is a technique which helps people who wear, people think 'he would never highlight a wig.'

So that is why BA has blond highlights in his hair. I always thought they looked bad and were a dead give away it was a wig since it did not match the rest of his hair. Good luck.

I just let them give a combo of close hair colors mixed together to match my exact hair color, that way it is less obviously different in different lightings.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
dudemon said:
Hey, you're almost 20 - you know it all. I know nothing! :mrgreen: I'm almost 40 - and I've been dealing with the hairloss game for as long as you've been alive - but, I don't know anything though! :mrgreen:

I've also got extensive knowledge of someone who has been through all the ins and outs of hair transplantation - not once, but THREE times! :freaked: But, person, you're right - I know nothing!

Let me guess. You got plugs 20 years ago, are bitter, and now want to tell everyone that hair transplant's don't look real. They got better though. I can spot a hair transplant with my trained eye, but I doubt the public can. They just notice a guy has thin hair and think he is balding.

hair transplant's are not bad, if you get micrografts with the right surgeon. I had 3. But they will not give you the density you want as a 20 year old. They just make you look acceptable for 40. That is why I tell everyone to try a good toupe first.

Exactly right! Good surgeons like Feller just don't *** up, fact. I am not going to call this dude bitter because it's not for me to say even if it's the truth. I may get a hair transplant but I just don't see the point, fill in this bit, lose more hair, fill in this bit, lose more hair, no more donor left and a big big loan of £££££ to pay off. Better off waiting for a cure and buying a very expensive wig which will give the illusion of perfect hair. In no rush though, my hair still looks ok, and even still get compliments on it from some girls - which makes me think even more how stupid girls are in general.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
person said:
the highlight idea is a technique which helps people who wear, people think 'he would never highlight a wig.'
Why don't you crimp it and tie in some pretty bows while your at it. That will really throw them off.

s.a.f

Reaction score
person said:
I'm in no rush though, my hair still looks ok, and even still get compliments on it from some girls - which makes me think even more how stupid girls are in general.

Or how you are overblowing your own situation. :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
CCS said:
dude77 said:
now .. is arm size the ONLY reason you're holding off on the clubs ? something tells me it's not .. I know this neurotic thinking well because I do it also but in different ways ..

you start thinking "I can't do this because I don't have this" "I can't go here because I don't have this or I'm not this" and it goes on and on and on .. and if you don't stop it .. it never ends .. really unhealthy mindset

I go out all the time. I just don't bother hitting on women when I'm out. I don't care who sees me without hair, because I know I'll fix it later with my next piece, and I doubt I'll see any of these random people again anyway, nor will they remember my hair if I do. I just see no point in hitting on a hot women who obviously won't be attracted to me.

My arms are not the only issue. I'm pasty white until my laser hair removal is over in about a year. I also have a few razor bumps here and there that should go away soon. I think I can perfect a piece towards the end of the year too. And I'm doing something to maybe make my penis bigger, and no, it is not a snake oil product, but rather something I figured out on my own that no snake oil people even sell because they don't know the science. I also want to get 50 moles removed. And, I'll feel a lot more confident after I get my credit card paid off and start my business so I can stop saying I'm just about to start it. NOt just my arms, my abs and chest too, and shoulders. It think all this stuff will get done about the same time. Just a matter of money and time, which is all in my control. Why spend hours reading mystery method or hitting on alcoholics I don't even like when I could channel that energy at making money and improving myself for a year?

SAF will say I've been saying this the last 3 years, but the fact is I was in college the last 3 years and not making money. I've actually pre-paid for all my laser stuff since working full time, and I'm pulling ahead like $800 per month right now, and i have a gym in my complex, so I'm sure this time I'll get somewhere.

Yep, and you've been moving the goal posts for the last 3 yrs. It seems that you find new faults every few months.
I'm just predicting that 3 yrs from now you'll have some other excuse. "My house is too small, my car is too old, I have a few grey hairs, my face is looking old I need a facelift" .... ect....ect.
The fact is you're approaching 30 and every aspect of your body is now in decline. You say that you want to improve your arms from 12" - 15" thats a 25% mass increase and I guess you want the rest of your body to improve to the same degree aswell? All that will take alot of effort, and yet the other day you started a thread about how your joints are all knackered and you cant lift heavy.
But we all know the real issue here is not your physical situation its your mentality. Learning how to pull women at the age of 30. One glimpse at the real obsessive compulsive CCS and any woman will be freaked out. NW1 partial with silky smooth 15" arms or not. I think we all know deep down that CCS the alpha male stud is not going to happen, you are what you are.

I love how CCS ignored this.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What do you expect from someone who has blinders on?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
person said:
I'm in no rush though, my hair still looks ok, and even still get compliments on it from some girls - which makes me think even more how stupid girls are in general.

Or how you are overblowing your own situation. :whistle:

My actual horseshoe hair is superior to other's, If I wasn't going bald my hair would be absolutely fantastic. What I mean by this is their are some people who have better hair than others even if both are not balding. If I can get a really expensive wig to replicate my hair and density I should look well good.

cuebald

Reaction score
person said:
I am an above average looking guy, I like to work out, I like to excell with my job and education, and I like to look good. I am 20 in a few months (fortunately my hair still looks ok now) but ultimately when I am driving my convertable, wearing expensive clothes and most girls turn their heads I know deep down I don't want that to end. Even though with wigs the hairline can look flawless I would wear my hair long anyway, highlight it perhaps, wear shades, I'ts all about appearence and sex sells. I do however feel I am repeating myself on this forum I suggest users to search my recent posts and have a read.
I wil not make the mistake of some of the users on this forum and worry about my hairloss for the rest of my life. I will perservirre with the wig (make it a hobby even) and continue to be successsful with life in general. I have also outlined several plastic surgery procedures for myself in order to look better.

You've been watching too much American telly if you think driving around in a convertible with a sharp suit on gets girls (especially in the UK) any more... the majority of ones I know (I am 22, so in the age range of 18-24) would look at that and see a very insecure man trying to "cover up" so to speak. (or think, Jeremy Clarkson, Mid-life Crisis etc)
The other few will see a wealthy man and will fall straight in love.. with his wallet, until a nice NW1 comes along anyhow

do girls go for blonde streaks? I thought that was a bit pop-idolesque? (effeminate)
but I do agree, I'd rather a wig than bald at a young age, the girls in our age range would never suspect wig-wearing unless an NW3-4 turned into NW1 overnight, to them, a wig is something for 40 year old plus. I suspect the vast majority of girls (and guys) age 18-25 in the UK have no clue whatsoever what a hair transplant even is

CCS

Reaction score
Agreed. I was a diffuse NW2, that is NW4a grafted to NW2. And I went to NW1 over night. No one seemed to notice. They don't suspect it if you are young. If you are 70 and have dense hair, they might suspect it. But michigan baldy could pull that off.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
person said:
I am an above average looking guy, I like to work out, I like to excell with my job and education, and I like to look good. I am 20 in a few months (fortunately my hair still looks ok now) but ultimately when I am driving my convertable, wearing expensive clothes and most girls turn their heads I know deep down I don't want that to end. Even though with wigs the hairline can look flawless I would wear my hair long anyway, highlight it perhaps, wear shades, I'ts all about appearence and sex sells. I do however feel I am repeating myself on this forum I suggest users to search my recent posts and have a read.

You've been watching too much American telly if you think driving around in a convertible with a sharp suit on gets girls (especially in the UK) any more... the majority of ones I know (I am 22, so in the age range of 18-24) would look at that and see a very insecure man trying to "cover up" so to speak. (or think, Jeremy Clarkson, Mid-life Crisis etc)
The other few will see a wealthy man and will fall straight in love.. with his wallet, until a nice NW1 comes along anyhow

do girls go for blonde streaks? I thought that was a bit pop-idolesque? (effeminate)
but I do agree, I'd rather a wig than bald at a young age, the girls in our age range would never suspect wig-wearing unless an NW3-4 turned into NW1 overnight, to them, a wig is something for 40 year old plus. I suspect the vast majority of girls (and guys) age 18-25 in the UK have no clue whatsoever what a hair transplant even is

I don't need advice about girls, I have had my fair share, and they have 'all' been beautiful and am in a happy relationship with another beautiful girl. I can make a girl fall in love with me quite easy.
Out of interest though if you do agree with me in that I should do something about my baldness at a young age what are you doing about yours? Just looking for different perspectives.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Barcafan said it, not me. But your welcome Dude, you are an important asset to this community as is S.A.F. because of your experiences with the industry and people need to learn from your mistakes. I would be bitter too, hell I'm already bitter due to the lack of real options for nw5,6s (the ones who really need help) while nw2s, 3s and even 4s (minimal to moderate) have all the real chances to get their hair back with hair transplants, meds or whatever. It's not fair that the ones who really need it are screwed while the ones who need it less hold all the advantage. HM is a pipe dream, the powers that be will make sure that every living thing on the planet is reduced to dust before they will give us baldies a cure or at least a viable treatment. That is how much they HATE us.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
hell I'm already bitter due to the lack of real options for nw5,6s (the ones who really need help) while nw2s, 3s and even 4s (minimal to moderate) have all the real chances to get their hair back with hair transplants, meds or whatever. It's not fair that the ones who really need it are screwed while the ones who need it less hold all the advantage.

I was NW4a, and got hair transplant. Now I wish I'd skipped it and got a piece instead. I'd have a real Norwood 1, have saved money, and not have grafts growing and lifting my bond. If you are NW6 but have a sudden transition from skin to thick hair, you are ideal for a hair piece. But if you got to shave a lot on the perimeter, then you got my problem. Sometimes though I think my worries about my thin grafts are as unfounded as my self consciousness about my beard stubble. At times the laddies just don't seem to notice.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm going to try this one more time. CCS, given your experience with systems, what IYO is the shortest length a full cap can be before it is detectable? I look at Shatner's piece on Boston Legal and think to myself that that is a good length that people won't associate with the typical piece length and style. It is the best and most natural looking piece I have ever seen (besides michigan's) although everyone knows he wears.